Author Topic: Early Start  (Read 11214 times)

Offline sbdriver

Re: Early Start
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2016, 01:33:03 PM »
Got my homemade scarf already.... that lady is super fast lol.

Today I picked up 3 xmas gifts. Found the neck warmers filled with buckwheat and lavender for both the girls for $9.98. I do make the wheat bags but by the time you add in my time and the materials can't beat this price.

Also found 2 pairs of fleece pj pants that Zachary lives in when home lol. They were regular $30. on sale for $9.88 ea.

They are marked in my book so I don't forget what I have and put away in a tote.
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2016, 04:53:01 PM »
Laurie - I was just going to say that I would never remember what I had bought if I got it this early, but then you said about writing it down.  Of course, I would forget where I wrote it, so I probably still wouldn't remember.  Hahaha!  😁😄

Denise

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2016, 12:23:33 AM »
Denise I do this every year in the same book. I mark Christmas 2016 now and each person I have to buy for down the page. As I get items I mark them there with the price so I can keep track of what I'm spending as well.

I'll even mark ideas there so I don't forget. Once I buy the item I put a checkmark on it and what it cost of course.

My goal last year was to wrap as I bought but that never happened especially after Alana got hurt. My goal for this year is once a month wrap what is there. See how it goes this time  ;)
Laurie

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2016, 08:48:24 AM »
I like your way of keeping track, Laurie.  I need to start something like that.  Though I struggle a bit deciding what the kids would like too far out...they grow and change so much each year.  But some things, I think I could do that with, and especially for everyone else.  I have been using The Bullet Method as my planner in a simple Moleskine notebook for over a year now with room for at least another year so could simply use a page or two in that and always have it with me.

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2016, 01:00:21 PM »
Thanks Catherine  :)

I know if definitely helps me. Zachary I usually can't buy early for but I usually can pretty much for the girls. That way if I find something on sale I can get it. Helps me a lot by spreading it out over the year. I also can look back from the year/years before so I don't duplicate stuff. At the bottom or on a seperate page I even do the stocking stuffers so if I see something I can pick those up too and keep track.

I know you like a lot of the ladies are tight with our budgets. Another thing I do every year is try to put away all if not a big chunk of my christmas money when I get my income tax back. I have it sitting there so if I find something I'm okay to buy it or I'm not taking such a big hit on the pocket book when christmas does get here.

Now if I can just get that wrapping issue worked on this year I'll be happy lol  ;D
Laurie

Offline Linda G.

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2016, 08:31:20 PM »
i like the idea of keeping it all wrote down Sis.... may need to do that and i need to find a place to keep all my stuff... got my first two gifts the other day for my boys... Flannel pj pants.... 2 pair for $10... need to find a pair now for my oldest Grandson...

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2016, 11:46:26 PM »
Sis, notice I got those for Zachary too lol. He lives in those things when he's at home  ;D

I just put mine in a tote in the bsmt but always mark it down BEFORE it goes down there so I don't forget.
Laurie