Author Topic: Tuesday, June 30, 2015  (Read 2203 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday, June 30, 2015
« on: June 30, 2015, 06:12:08 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Tuesday, June 30, 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 06:28:53 AM »
We had a great day haying yesterday and with any luck we will go again. Hope to start around 9 or a little before. We are going to get busier. We bought another tractor and baler to up our production. We have been needing to do it so we got it done. They will probably bring tractor today and hopefully baler by Thursday. I forgot to tell you I think our pool has a leak. I emptied it. Now I need to dry it to see if I can patch it. I still haven't ordered the tramp mat as I need measurement for sure. Also need to order part for lawnmower. Renters said I need new idler pulley. Made a batch of chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal raisin cookies yesterday when Ashley traded with me in the tractor. We need to get our vehicles cleaned out this week. Driving me nuts. I will clean my windows in tractor this morning. We already greased and fueled tractor and  windrower last night. My garden in containers is doing pretty good. My beans look awesome. Better get going.

Coffee time....
Janice

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 07:27:11 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

Janice: you always seem so busy & productive! My head would be spinning all the time if I lived in your world!! Very impressive!

For me today: I need to run to the store to pick up a few sympathy, wedding & birthday cards as well as a couple of things.
I need to cut up a watermelon that is sitting on my counter.

Still need to do college paperwork for son.  Put it off as long as I can.  It's kind of like doing taxes or something like that.  A huge project that will need about an hour of my undivided attention.  I guess I have to bite the bullet and DO IT!! 

Not sure what else today holds.  Looks like it could rain later, so that will determine whether I get out to walk or not.

Hope everyone has an amazing day!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 08:33:12 AM »
Good morning!

Well, my mind and motivation were still on vacation yesterday--all I really managed to do was wash towels and do grocery shopping.  I did get all the pictures I took uploaded to my computer and sorted through.  I started the scrapbook using an app I got awhile ago (Project Life) so that was fun.

So today I REALLY need to do the laundry.  The house could use some picking up too.  There's a few things left to unpack from the trip.  Steven is off work the rest of the week so today we'll go to the carpet place and get our order placed.  It's going to be another hot day so we'll probably go swimming this afternoon.  Correction: we WILL go swimming this afternoon. :)

Dinner tonight is grilled pork chops, coleslaw, biscuits baked on the grill and fruit.

Have a great day!  Stay cool!

Merilee

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 11:23:51 AM »
Good afternoon everyone. Can someone please come look at the top of my fridge that I scrubbed and open all my organized kitchen cabinets so someone knows I cleaned today lol. My living room sure does not show that I've done anything :(.  Oh well guess I can't win all the house wars in one day. Taking a lunch break since I didn't eat breakfast then have a few more things to pick up and have to go buy the tags for van and drop off a few things at storage building. Then home to shower and rest before I cook dinner. I also need to get on the Healthcare website to find a few plans for my mom. Dad was approved for medicare? I think it is but mom isn't old enough yet and he's thinking about retiring bc his health is getting worse even though the heart dr hasn't given him an exact diagnoses yet just put him on blood pressure meds, he has another appt today that I made him make bc he was feeling so bad yesterday that he couldn't work and he hasn't doesn't do that but as bout once every 10 years. We'll off to work more have a good day everyone.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 12:00:53 PM »
Good afternoon everyone. Can someone please come look at the top of my fridge that I scrubbed and open all my organized kitchen cabinets so someone knows I cleaned today lol.

I will tell everyone about your clean refrigerator top and cabinets if you will tell all about my clean ceiling fans and return vents.LOL :D   I don't like doing the jobs that people only notice when you DON'T do them. :P Ya know, like look at all that dust up in the corners of the ceilings. They never say, look how clean the corners of your ceiling are! LOL :D

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 01:29:56 PM »
Good afternoon everyone. Can someone please come look at the top of my fridge that I scrubbed and open all my organized kitchen cabinets so someone knows I cleaned today lol.

I will tell everyone about your clean refrigerator top and cabinets if you will tell all about my clean ceiling fans and return vents.LOL :D   I don't like doing the jobs that people only notice when you DON'T do them. :P Ya know, like look at all that dust up in the corners of the ceilings. They never say, look how clean the corners of your ceiling are! LOL :D

Exactly!  Or "Your baseboards look so sparkling fresh today!".  I have the mom who will find the thing I did NOT clean.  For instance, I used to clean like mad for days before she came.  One time, she didn't say a word about how good the house looked, just pointed out that I hadn't cleaned the stove hood.   :-[

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 01:51:01 PM »
Catherine: Do you think we are sisters???  I have that same Mom!!!   :-X

Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 02:03:44 PM »
Hey, maybe we need to set up a little brag thread where we can list things we accomplished that no one notices so we can give each other praise!   ;D

Merilee

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 05:18:07 PM »
Catherine: Do you think we are sisters???  I have that same Mom!!!   :-X

Pam

Glad to know I finally have a sis!  ;)

Offline Rooney

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 05:35:01 PM »
Hey, maybe we need to set up a little brag thread where we can list things we accomplished that no one notices so we can give each other praise!   ;D

Merilee

I don't know, I think we would all just end up listing EVERY single thing we do each day.  That and the list of things nobody notices are probably the same list. LOL :D  At least it feels like it some days.  Don't know though, might be nice to here someone say,"Way to go cleaning those bathroom floors, girl!" :)
Lindsay

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 04:14:19 AM »
Lol this is why I love you gals!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 07:21:56 AM »
I don't have the same mom as some of you gals! She has more cobwebs in her house than I do! I'm finding the older my parents get the less apt they are to keep up the house like they used to. It really is run down and even grungy but it's still home and they love it there and I like visiting.

I remember the days, as a child, Mom would rip the living room apart for "spring cleaning" and the curtains would come down and the furniture moved around so the walls could get a cleaning and even a paint job if necessary. We always had fresh sheets on our beds that smelled like the great outdoors and the bathrooms were spotless. Now I see old everything and though the carpets get vacuumed once in a while there is no deep cleaning anymore. I really don't think they have the money for "upgrades" and the like and they are happy so why should we care, right?

A few weeks ago, the upper kitchen cabinets started to come down. Dad, with mom's help, pushed them back into place and he screwed them all back against the wall. Problem is that the cabinets were custom build when I was a child and the builder did a terrible job and they need to be replaced. Their shower is so grungy that I wouldn't take a shower in there but it works for them.  They turned my bedroom into a sitting room with the tv and put in a sliding door to the backyard. I see stains and nails popping through the ceiling in almost all the rooms. But I dare not suggest anything as that might upset them. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline wrancher

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 07:51:37 AM »
My mom is the one to care.  She is extremely clean.  It is good I guess.  Just hate it when she comes to my house. 

Janice

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 10:35:45 AM »
I see similar things with my parent's house Alice.  Not in the way of repairs being needed to be done, but
cobwebs and the like everywhere.  Things that would not have been ok with my Mom back in the day.

I would never ever ever mention it to her, as I know how it feels when you clean and clean and have someone point out the one thing you didn't have time to get to. 

** she feels free to continue to point those things out to me, though!  I usually just let it roll, even though it doesn't feel good.   :-X

Pam
Wife of 32 years