Author Topic: Monday, June 29  (Read 820 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Monday, June 29
« on: June 29, 2015, 06:17:07 AM »
Good  morning!

Yesterday we got home from a trip to Breckenridge, Colorado.  We were there for 5 days.  It was a family reunion for Steven's (DH) side of the family.  Out of 45 members of the family, 39 were there.  We had a great time visiting, laughing, playing, eating, and enjoying what Breckenridge had to offer.  The weather was perfect (70s the whole time!), the lodge was beautiful, and we had a wonderful time.

Today's back to real life.  I've got laundry to do and food to buy.  I've also got to call about getting new carpet in our basement (we had a toilet overflow last month and while the carpet area that was damaged was very small, we decided to go ahead and replace the whole family room carpet).   Anything else I get done will be gravy as the weather's going to be very hot (100s all week!).

Hope you all have a great day!  Stay cool!

Merilee

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, June 29
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 07:16:21 AM »
Good Morning

Merilee I love the Breckenridge area. Beautiful. Sounds like a fun time!

We also had a great weekend. Went camping at lake, had family reunion and was still close enough to home to do chores and anything that needed done. Today we are so thankful to get in the full swing of things. Ross and kids left for a branding. I am gonna start cutting wheat for hay. I have to wait till it dries out as the dew is very wet, dripping.  I am making a sheet pan of lemon bars. Praying they turn out ok. Running them in for a funeral of our church. I will run a couple errands in town then back to what I have been waiting to do all summer. Start haying. Looks like we should stay dry for a while so we are gonna get going. Ross will come home to spray and then hopefully we can start our planting.  Already on last loads of laundry and dishes.  We got up super early and I started both of those last night as well. Busy we and we are so thankful for that!! Need to hop in shower to get on with my day.

Coffee time..
Janice

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, June 29
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 11:56:26 AM »
Good Afternoon!!

Sounds like you ladies have a handle on being productive today!

I am kind of still trying to make a plan for my day. (Even though it is already more than half over!!)  ;)

Earlier today I went for a 3 mile walk.  Came home, and was piddling around the house, and a monsoon came through!!  (not a REAL monsoon, but wow, the rain and wind, crazy!!)  So glad I got my walk in.

I have pintos in the crockpot to make refried beans later.  I also have a steak in the pressure cooker to make carnitas.  So, dinner is under control. 

I need to do floors yet today.  I have some computer research to get done, and some college paperwork to do for my son.  I guess I can fill my afternoon after all!!

I am hoping to get another walk in later after dinner as well.  I have my monthly lifetime weight watchers weigh in on Wednesday, and to say I am hoping for the best, is an understatement!! 

Hope everyone has a great afternoon and evening!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25