Author Topic: Happy 4th of July, 2015  (Read 663 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Happy 4th of July, 2015
« on: July 04, 2015, 06:34:09 AM »
Good morning and Happy 4th of July!

Looks like the heat wave has eased up--we're going to be in high 80s/low 90s for the week.  Yay!  I just don't like to be hot and it's hard to feel motivated to do anything when I'm hot!

I am revising my July menu.  When I'm done with that, I'm going to run to the grocery store to get a few things I need for our 4th of July BBQ. I'm watering outside right now.  The valve on the pipe from the street is stuck so we can't turn on the outside waer and I'm waiting to hear from our water utility what their recommendation is.  So for now I'm watering with hoses and sprinklers.  In a few hours I'm going to head up to the mountains to hike around a lake, with whoever wants to go with me.  We hiked around it last fall and it was beautiful with the fall colors.  I want to see it with summer colors.  We'll probably go swimming this afternoon then have our 4th of July BBQ.  Christie and Jordan are going to a professional soccer game then watch fireworks there.   The rest of us will watch fireworks at home.

I have rather neglected my house this week.  Steven's been home and we've enjoyed just doing whatever we feel like doing.  One of my major goals this year is to finish started projects, as well as to use up stuff that's just been sitting around (partly because I bought the stuff to do a project with!).  So I've been cutting up felt to make quiet toys.  I've made a snowman with various colored dress ups; a flag; a Liberty Bell with various decorations, a nature scene, and some other things.  You get the idea.  I've been able to use up a lot of felt.  I've had fun doing that.  Today I'll recruit the family to help tidy up.  If everyone works together we'll be done in an hour or less.

Hope you all have a great day today!  Stay cool, enjoy your 4th of July celebrations and stay safe!

Merilee

Offline wrancher

Re: Happy 4th of July, 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 09:49:46 AM »
Good Morning and Happy 4th of July,

We stayed overnight in the camper. Ross got up made us coffee and we visited a bit with friends. Then we are home to do our work, then back in this evening after we get done. It looks like we should get to hay earlier today. There was no dew but the humidity level is still intense. 71%. Too high for baling. Ross will call me when I need to go out. I am at house catching up on a few things.  I need to make some food for tonight. Not sure what yet. I have a dip started that I needed a few ingredients for. Trying to come up with some inspiration.  Megan is home for weekend so she is getting her laundry caught up.  I finally got some good baling in yesterday for about 3 hrs.

Enjoy your day
Janice

Offline gaggleofseven

Re: Happy 4th of July, 2015
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 09:59:47 AM »
Hi Merilee, Janice, and all! Happy 4th of July! I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday with friends and family. My day has started off as a typical Saturday--laundry and cleaning the kitchen! Not sure if we'll go to fireworks. I'm not a big fan, but others in the family are!  ;) Have a lovely day!
Blessings,
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!