The Kitchen Table Visiting Corner > Anything Goes!

Anyone found anything nasty in their pantry lately?

(1/2) > >>

MoWin:
Or am I the only one? LOL

Ladies, I had been smelling something and having these little bugs that are kind of like fruit flies, but dart instead of just flying around. Well, I finally found the culprit today.  :o  Part of a sack of rotten potatoes.  :-[ Uggg, it was so nasty. (shuddering) Oh well, at least they are now out of the house and things smell better in here.  ::)

I really must do a better job at keeping on top of this. We just can't afford to let things spoil.  :'(

Blessings,
Winona

Alice:
Yup, Winona! We also had that same bad smell and it also was a couple of bad potatoes that were responsible. We also had the flies but they are gone now that the potatoes are gone. These were potatoes we bought at the store and they got bad quicker than we ate them so they must have been old at the store already. I think I'll skip buying potatoes for a while until the weather gets a bit cooler. We get so much other goodies from my dad that I think going without potatoes for while won't hurt us at all.

Alice

Leahsgarden:
Any time we cook a whole chicken in the crockpot and make broth afterwards, we attract about 20 flies. Most of them get trapped between the screen door and back door. It's a death wish to open it from inside, we have to go around and open the screen door first. And despite all the care, half a dozen flies still manage to find their way inside.

Can you tell that there's some broth simmering right now? :P

Rooney:
Well not flies on potatoes, but instead mice on rice. (yuck!) :P  This was in a storage room we don't get into often and I actually forgot that rice was in there.  But they managed to ruin three 25 pound bags of it.  I hate wasting stuff. (Stupid me left it in bags instead of putting it in buckets) :(  But this had to be disposed of.  Anyone else having mice issues?  It must be a problem because most of our local stores are out of traps. :P

calicogirl:
I had a small bag of the fingerling potatoes go bad. I hate rotten potato smell! And the flies left when I threw the bag away and cleaned out the potato bin.

Lindsay,  we have little field mice try to make a home in the house during winter months, but with 4 cats, we don't have too big of a problem.

Teresa

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version