Author Topic: Low carb recipes  (Read 1463 times)

Offline gaggleofseven

Low carb recipes
« on: July 25, 2015, 11:13:01 PM »
I'm trying to reduce my carbs intake. Do you have some tried-and-true low carb recipes to share? I'm looking for lunch and dinner ideas primarily, especially those which can be prepared ahead or frozen. Lunchbox ideas would be great too!

Thanks in advance!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

shedrinkzcoffee

Re: Low carb recipes
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 02:26:45 PM »
here is one of my favorite site for low crab recipes.  I have her cookbooks too.

http://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/recipes

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 02:58:03 PM »
I have been a low-carbie for most of my adult life.  Mainly because even though I love pastas, breads and rice, my stomach does not.  Recipes I cook for the family are definitely not low carb, so I try to keep it really simple for my meals.  I will cook up a lot of chicken breasts and freeze in individual warm- up packs.  I do the same with grass fed beef patties and hopefully soon some of our fish.  All the meats I cook and freeze are baked, even the hamburger.  I just add vegetable sides with that.  Usually salad, green beans, squash, carrots or sweet peas or whatever I can do to change it up a little.  And because we all have to have SOME carbs, I try and opt for using sweet potatoes instead of white. And I also do some carbs in healthy snacks like tortilla chips or something similar.  So in other words, for my meals, all I have to do is heat up a meat packet and fix a veggie side of my choice.  For lunches, I will use a warm-up meat packet and in place of bread use kale or lettuce leaves.  This works for me because I am not a three big meals a day person.  I prefer to do more smaller meals and snacks. The only "recipe" I guess I use, and it is really more of a substitution, is I use sprouted wheat tortillas sometimes in place of pizza crust because I still love pizza.

Sorry, I am no help on the actual recipe part.  This just helps me keep it simple, since I am not cooking low carb for everyone.

Lindsay

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 06:11:21 AM »
Great suggestions--thank you!! Lindsay, how do you package your meat packets so they are ready to re-heat?

Erica, I will browse through the website--everything looks good!

Thanks again,
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 11:19:03 AM »
Great suggestions--thank you!! Lindsay, how do you package your meat packets so they are ready to re-heat?

Erica, I will browse through the website--everything looks good!

Thanks again,
Jennie

Jennie, you can package them however you like best.  I sometimes do mine in little aluminum foil packets, so that they can be tossed directly in the oven for a quick reheat.  I really only like to bake in glass though, so most of the time I will put them in ziplocs and just reheat in a glass pan.  Only thing that matters is that I package them up with the correct amounts in them.  Like if I am making them fpr me, I will put one chicken breast or hamburger or whatever in a packet.  If it is for a quick meat addition for a meal for hubby if he is working late or something, I will do some with 2 in them, and then I do some that are big family packs as well.