Author Topic: Hello ladies!  (Read 1569 times)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Hello ladies!
« on: August 09, 2015, 08:23:45 AM »
   Wow! It has been a long time.  :-[ Sorry to just disappear like that. I just seemed to never have much free time, then I wanted to wait till I could update. Well, today is the day. LOL When I started the care partner job, it was supposed to be part time and I am considered part time, yet I always work full time. In fact, I just did my first double yesterday. I made it, but my feet felt like they were going to fall off by 7:30 last night. LOL I worked from 6:15 a.m. till 8 p.m. I was working with a 16 year old girl. She is a sweet kid and such a good worker, but I will have to say, I did much better than she did. Poor girl was just dead on her feet. She said she is never working a double again. Me, I am working another double on Tuesday. LOL Probably won't work any more unless it is an emergency.  ::) Our state inspectors are due, so they think they will be there this week. Our administrator wanted 2 care partners on each shift. We only had one on the early shift so she asked if I would work a double. It is ok, because I get time and a half after 8 hours.  ;) I still love my job. I  have gotten so attached to the residents. They are like my grandparents. Remember the lady that was so mean to me when I worked as a dietary aid? Her name is Jean. Well, they put us together working as a team. Can you believe it, we are now quite good friends and Jean asks to work with me. LOL How about that? So things are going great at work.
    As I said, I have been working lots of hours, so don't have much free time. I have been on Facebook when I get on the computer because that is where all my kids, cousins, brothers, etc. are. LOL I can keep up with all of them at once. I will try to do better about checking in. Once I get through this week, I am hoping things slow down a bit.
  Now for the rest of my update: The garden did not work this year. We just had too much rain and the temps fluctuated too much. Veggies didn't do much. Hardly any of my bean seeds even came up, same with corn. So Kevin mowed the garden down. I am taking a break from it this summer.  :)
   I have lost my sewing and quilting mojo. Just don't have the desire to work on anything. I haven't done any significant quilting since last August when I finished hand quilting my niece's queen size wedding quilt.  I still crochet and knit a bit, but haven't even done that in a few weeks.
    My chickens and ducks are doing great. I bought 5 Rouen ducks. I ended up with 3 drakes and 2 hens. So I need to do something with 2 of the drakes.  I have 17 chickens left. A predator got 3 of them. Of those 17, about 7 are pullets and the rest roosters.  :( So I will be butchering about 8 or 9 roosters once it cools down. Need to decide who to keep as my head rooster.
   Now on to our family. Kevin is doing pretty good. He still struggles with depression. I think losing his mom really hit him hard. He stays busy around here. All the kids are doing well. Hazel is getting married to a nice Christian man on August 29. He loves  her and loves her kids. She makes sure they get to spend time with their dad, but they do lots of things with Ryan. Ryan has a 6 year old son, so they will be a family of 5. Cathryn is ready to start teaching 4th grade again. I think this is her 3rd year. Carolyn is still a hospice nurse. She ran a 5 K this spring and is training for a 10 K in Sept.  :o Jon was made a plant foreman where he works. He is a good dependable worker and knows how to run every machine in the plant. They came to him and asked him if he was interested in the position. Proud of our boy. Isaiah is in Houston, TX right now. His job is based in Kansas City, but he gets sent to lots of different places. His company is awesome, though, in that they furnish him a plane ticket back to KC every other weekend so he can see  his daughter. He laughs because they sent him to Denver all last winter and as soon as summer got here, they sent him to
Texas. LOL He says it is hot down there. So as you can see, we are all doing well. I am very proud of our kids. They have all done well for themselves. Oh, almost forgot, Hazel just has a year left in collage till she will  have her accounting degree. Very proud of her. Not easy to work a full time job, school full time, and raise two kids, but she is doing it.  ;D
   Now that I have all of my bragging out of my system, let me hear how you all are doing. I will try to catch up on here some today since I am off, but it will take me a while. I have never forgotten about you wonderful ladies. Just because I am not posting on here much, doesn't mean I don't care or have forgotten you. Love you all!

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Cheryl

Re: Hello ladies!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 09:37:25 AM »
It's so good to hear from you!  I've thought about you many times over the past few weeks and I am glad to hear everything is going great with you.   :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 05:26:11 PM »
Yay, Winona is back!  I, too, think of you often.  It is SO GOOD to read your update, especially since it's so positive!

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 07:08:15 PM »
So good to read this update!  Love hearing the great things happening in your life and in your kids loves.  I'll keep Kevin in my prayers.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 07:50:05 AM »
Awesome to hear from you Winona. I know how hard it is to post some days. We love hearing about you and your family. We miss you!

Janice

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 08:45:16 AM »
Oh yay!!!  :D  :D Welcome back my friend!
Laurie
Many hands make light work