Author Topic: Monday, September 23, 2013  (Read 2303 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, September 23, 2013
« on: September 23, 2013, 06:45:05 AM »
Good Morning

Had a great weekend.  My mom was gone and I have been wanting to get this landscaping job done. My sister and her DH and new DIL came and my family and a friend of the family who happens to own the equipment dealership right up on the hill from mom and dad. We got a good start but ran out of block. each one weighs 2200 lbs. .It will be nice when finished. Next weekend is a bday party for my relative so we will finish that day.  I cant wait till mom gets home either tonight or tomorrow. She has no idea  that we were doing this.  So today we hope to load air seeder and haul hay. I still need to do bookwork but there is a high chance of rain so if it does  I can come in and do bookwork.  My battery is gonna die

Have a good day
Janice

Offline luv2bmom

Re: Monday, September 23, 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 07:08:17 AM »
Good morning,

Burr....it's cold this morning and I broke down and turned the furnace on to knock the chill away!

I have some housework to take of this morning and i'm thinking of going to Goodwill before dh wakes up.

Dinner is something with chicken breasts, i'm feeling uninspired in the kitchen....

This time next week dh and I will be on the beach in Florida!  We are looking forward to it very much! 

My goal this week is to purge my pantry and remove everything thats not food related.  I have a linen closet in our 1/2 bath beside the pantry that i've cleaned out and all my paper products and extras I will store in there.

Hope everyone has a nice day, take care and God Bless!

Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 07:12:58 AM »
Pixie,

For some reason if my pantry is organized and clean the whole house runs better.  I'm not sure why because it is just a storage closet and no one uses it but me (except to throw stuff in that they don't know where it goes  >:()  In this house, my pantry is the calm in the storm  :D

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 07:15:49 AM »
Good morning,
Its a cool 57 here but suppose to get up to 80 today, so nice to have the windows open but afraid it wont be long will be 88 by the end of the week and with cooking the house warms up too much for no ac to be on. Kids are off to school but have to pick up Trent and take to Dr at 1030 bc his meds are gone but he is still swollen some. Once I get home needs to clean the floors and kitchen cabinets while I do some baking and put taco meat in crock pot to stay warm bc of sons football today. Have a great day everyone!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 07:33:10 AM »
Good morning!

It is a beautiful fall morning and will be beautiful all day.  It is so nice to have both the AC and the fan off and just enjoy the air coming in the windows.  I am also happy that it is still warm enough to keep on my flip flops!  The saddest day of the year to me is the day I have to drag out the socks and shoes!

We had a very nice weekend.  The girls stayed at my in laws on Friday night so they could help with their garage sale on Saturday morning.  Doug and I went out for a bite to eat and some frozen yogurt and then went home and just relaxed.  On Saturday, we got the girls around noon and drove up to visit Corey and take him to lunch.  After we ate, we took him back to campus and sat outside catching up for a bit.  It was great to see him and we will see him again in two weeks because he has a cross country meet that Doug and I plan on attending.  For the rest of the weekend, we just relaxed and did a few piddly things around the house.

My to do list is a mile long this week!  I have already made good progress on the list for today, but the list for this week needs a lot more working on today.  Since our cable box in the living room is not working for some reason, I guess I have no reason not to get a lot finished today!  Doug is going to leave work a bit early and take both that box and the one from our bedroom over to the office and exchange them for ones that actually work correctly!

Dinner tonight is eggs, potatoes and peaches.

Have a beautiful day!

Denise

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 08:02:49 AM »
Beth!  I agree!!

My pantry is a catch me all for everything!!  It's embarrassing and I wouldn't want anyone to see it right now!!  the thing is i'm the one who does it!  lol  oh well  :o

I was at Aldi's and their can goods are $.49 each, i'm going back to buy several more flats and i've gotta make room!!! 
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 08:54:20 AM »
Good morning ladies! :)

My plan is to get all the cloth diaper supplies cleaned and "ready". I won't be cloth diapering the baby for a couple weeks, but I'll more likely start it up again if everything is set to go. I'm also stripping the diapers, never done that before! First wash: soap and half a cup of baking soda. Second wash: half a cup of baking soda. And then as many washings as it needs to smell clean.

It'd be nice if I could get the bathroom clean... but not counting on it. Logan has been a rascal lately and at every chance, he'll dip his hands into the toilet. The living room got a "free" mopping because Logan pulled over Chris's milk at dinner. Last week he opened the oven, stood on the door and "stirred" a pot of water that Caleb had filled. I think he just wants to be a big boy more than anything. :)
...Leah
wife to Chris
Mommy to Caleb, Logan, & Josie

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 10:27:49 AM »
Good afternoon.  It has been a cool morning here.  Our high for today was suppose to be around 80* but so far, it's just reached mid 60's.  We had the windows opened in the house but the cross breeze was so chilly, we closed them.  It's 68* in the living room so we won't be using the AC or the fans.  Yea  ;D

Aaron and I got the garden cleaned out this morningwhile the boys slept.  All that's left out there is a few pepper plants.  I got all the twine and wire out that we had used to tie up beans and tomatoes and Aaron got all the t-posts out and I mowed it all down.  Now we're ready to start piling leaves on it as we rake this fall.  I'll probably put a bag of lime on it before the leaves though.  It sure does look better out there.

I have a load of clothes on the line but I would like to wash the throw rugs and get them hung out too.  I have some wood to move and stack and a banana pudding and Pioneer Woman's cream corn to make to take to a covered dish supper my Sunday school class is having this evening.  I also need to get Lainey from school at 2:45.  Shaping up to be a busy afternoon! 

I guess I need to get up from here and get busy.  I hope everyone has a great evening!

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 11:33:36 AM »
Good afternoon ladies,

Just now getting on the computer. It has been a busy day for me. I got all my chores done, then sliced about 15 bananas for the dehydrator. Kevin wants some banana chips for his lunch later this week. Then I washed, cored, and pureed enough tomatoes to fill my roaster. I am going to let it cook down a bit, then add some onion, peppers, garlic, and spices. I will let it cook down about half, then cool, and package for the freezer. I can use this for most any kind of tomato dish this winter.

I put the last stitch in Shadowy Stars last night while watching SG-1 with Kevin. Not sure why I like that show, but I do.  ;D I hope to have time to soak the quilt today to get the blue marks off it. Then I need to bind it and it will be done.  8) I would also like to get the little quilt sandwiched for Becky (SIL), but not sure I will have time for that.

I am thinking about buying a bushel of apples to dehydrate. Do any of you do this? I used to do it when the kids were home, but it has been years. I am thinking dried apples will be a good snack and to use on cereal. Not sure yet, but it is in the thought process.  ;)

I have some kale, celery, cucumbers, lemon, green apples, and just a bit of ginger root, so I would like to make a mean green juice, but might not get that done with  so many other appliances going. Just about every flat space is occupied. LOL

You all have a great day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 11:39:57 AM »
There's always the floor, Winona! ;) I know, a pet would knock it over. :P
...Leah
wife to Chris
Mommy to Caleb, Logan, & Josie

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 11:53:24 AM »
Oh Leah,

I am getting too old to either bend down or get on my knees on the floor. LOL If I don't get the juice made today, I will do it tomorrow.  ;)

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie