Author Topic: Thursday, August 27, 2015  (Read 941 times)

Offline wrancher

Thursday, August 27, 2015
« on: August 27, 2015, 06:31:17 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Thursday, August 27, 2015
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 07:07:23 AM »
We had 1.5" of rain last night. Yeah! So some house time is in order. I have lots of bookwork to do even without my computer.  I always tell the kids the reason God gives us rain is so we have time to catch up on house things. (Besides helping us farmer/ranchers make things grow). We are so blessed! So now I better get the blessings done! Ha. I never picked the peppers yesterday as when I got home after meeting I wanted to get more hay hauled as I thought it might rain.  This afternoon I need to go check cows and get poop samples.  I also need to gather stuff for consignment store as my neighbor will take stuff up to city Saturday. My part came for my oven so will get that in. Then do some baking. It is gonna be nice just to catch up on some things around here.  I need to call down on daughters tuition too.  Looks like a phone calling day.  I also need to make some appointments.

Coffee time
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 07:39:46 AM »
Good morning, Janice and everyone.

For some reason I woke up feeling energized around 5 this morning.  I got up and started a load of laundry and then had to wait for daylight to get it hung on the line. :)  I fed the animals, cooked breakfast, had my coffee, and read my devotional all before my usual time of getting up.  I feel good today!  The cooler weather might be helping.  I am so ready for fall.

I picked a lot of peppers yesterday - bells, jalapenos, and banana peppers.  Today I'm using some them to can up hot pepper butter, except mine won't be too hot since I'm using a mixture.  We like to eat this on sandwiches.

Well, need to get back to my peppers.  Hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 07:59:34 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!!

Cheryl: doesn't it feel good to have so much motivation!?  I had a day like that ...... once....!!  LOL!!

For me today, it will be pretty low key.  I have a couple of ongoing projects that I can work on.  One is getting a bunch of books moved into a new bookshelf so I can get rid of some boxes in the basement.  I want to work on organizing down there. We want to quit the YMCA and get a nice treadmill instead.  It will save us a lot of money in the long run. But, I will need to have somewhere to put it.  With kids moving in and out for school, there are a lot of boxes and totes just kind of put downstairs that need to be gone through and gotten rid of.

That should keep me busy a good part of the day. 

I think I will try to get a good bike ride in later, maybe after dinner.  Hopefully the weather will hold out for that.  It has been unseasonably cool for the past few days.  Quite fall like. Later this week we will be back up in the 90's. 
Even though I love fall, I am not ready to give up on summer just yet. Winter is just tooooooo long!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 11:52:32 AM »
Cheryl
What is hot pepper butter? I have never heard of it. Mind sharing your recipe?

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 12:07:59 PM »
Janice, here's the link to the recipe I used.

www.sbcanning.com/2013/08/hot-pepper-butter-safe-way-to-do-it.html
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn