Author Topic: Organization Project Sept. 2015  (Read 3071 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Organization Project Sept. 2015
« on: September 23, 2015, 05:10:14 PM »
I'm taking 2 1/2 days off from work to try to accomplish a bucket list of things. Kids are back to college and now I can do the things that got dirty all summer long.

1. Clean carpets especially in the living room and hallway. It is a very high traffic area in the those two places and they have spots here and there. 

2. Wash rugs in bathroom. Not sure what is the best way because I don't love rugs in the washing machine as they always seem to break apart on the backing and leave debris in the machine.

3. Move a bookcase to my daughters room because as a teacher she has many, many books. I'm sick of looking at them on the floor.

4. Mop floor in the basement where the bookcase was and then continue to do the entire floor.

5. Wash windows inside and outside.

6.  Find something to hold rugs down as they move all over the place when we walk on them. It's a large area rug over an off-white carpet and I'm trying to save the entire carpet from getting dirty!

7.  Do a small cement repair job in the garage on the wall.

8. Clean out a bookshelf in the living room getting rid of books no one wants to read. Many are cookbooks that we probably won't ever use anyway.

That's it for me.  I have started a few of the things already. Might as well tackle these while we are having wonderful weather and carpets can dry nicely with the breeze from open windows!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

Re: Organization Project Sept. 2015
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 06:03:00 PM »
Alice - that's quite a to-do list!  How's it going?  I know you'll enjoy having all those jobs done.  :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 06:13:54 PM »
I got them all done except for wiping the inside of the windows. I just think my carpets just don't look like they were cleaned but the spots are gone for now. I'm wondering how long it will take for them to reappear. At least I know they were cleaned and it smells clean. 

I am using velcro on the underside of the rugs and that seems to keep the sliding rugs in place.

I even scrubbed the oven and microwave as an added bonus.

I made a new vinyl tablecloth with elastic to put on my dining room table. Well, the part I made was sewing a seam and putting in elastic to snap onto the table. 

I made spaghetti sauce from scratch and cleaned a pile of carrots from my dad to freeze for soups this winter.

I think that was it for the day. I have tomorrow off also and now I'm not sure what to do.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 06:53:21 PM »
You have been busy!  It sounds like you got a lot accomplished in such a short time.  Now you can relax tomorrow.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 04:52:47 AM »
We have a new Trader Joe's opening up today in the area!! I think we'll try to stop in there to see what this is all about!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 09:58:00 AM »
Alice: are you telling me you did that WHOLE list, plus more in one day????

Color me impressed!  I think you deserve a day off!!

Have fun if you go to Trader Joe's.  I used to make 3 or 4 trips to Ann Arbor a year to shop there. It will be nice to have one close by! (I for one will wait until the crazy dies down a little!) Maybe next week!  :D

Enjoy your day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 02:39:39 PM »
It sounds like a bigger list than it was. I tackled a lot of it on Wed. afternoon and evening. Especially the carpet cleaning so it could dry overnight. My working daughter asked if I would get up on Thurs. morning like normal with her so her routine wouldn't be disrupted. I thought that was a good idea since I could then start my list. So, yes, I did do a FULL day of chores on Thurs.

Trader Joe's wasn't so busy and quite pleasant.

Now I'm so tired that I'm reading a book. I didn't get the inside windows washed yet, ha ha.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats