Author Topic: Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2015  (Read 915 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2015
« on: September 29, 2015, 07:00:52 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2015
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 07:14:56 AM »
Yesterday went really well.  I got my bedroom thoroughly cleaned.  I put all the stuff that didn't belong in a basket to be sorted later.  I dusted all the furniture and moved everything to vacuum.  I dusted the ceiling fan.  I washed my bedding (even the mattress pad!) and remade my bed.  It felt so good to sleep last night.  I started with a dry cough the other night, which I have learned is caused by dust floating around in the air.  The coughing wakes me up at night and then it's hard to fall back asleep.  It's usually worse in the winter when the air is very dry but I hadn't dusted my bedroom for longer than I care to admit, plus all the stuff in there probably wasn't helping.  So it was time to get everything cleared out and cleaned up!  So that was a nice big project to tick off the old "to do" list!

Today I'm going to work on the living room.  I moved all the stuff that didn't belong in my room into the living room.  I'll take out the recycling, put away the books, sort and put away the stuff in the boxes, tidy the living room and dust and vacuum.  Then that room will be fall-cleaned. 

I will also work on the stuff from yesterday's list that didn't get done since I was determined to get my bedroom done.

I am child-caring for the twins again.  Last year, they were in an afternoon preschool.  Their mom started working at a school so she works school hours.  Their dad goes to work at 11.  Preschool started at 1.  So I had them for 2 hours M-H.  This year they're in afternoon kindergarten, which is the same schedule, except that they do go to school on Fridays, but that's their dad's day off so he takes them.  Also this year, one of their grandmas takes them on Wednesdays.  So I have them M, T and H.  Yesterday was parent teacher conferences for kindergarten, which is done all day so no kindy. 

This afternoon is parent teacher conference for Alex.  Immediately after I have to run over to the high school to get Christie.  Play practice ends early today for PT conferences.  Alex has soccer practice at 5:30, then at 6:30 I'll run back to the high school to get Jordan from football.  Luckily the high school and rec center are only about 1.5 miles apart. 

After 6:30 nothing is scheduled so we'll do homework, scripture reading and relax.

Enjoy your day!

Merilee

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 07:47:27 AM »
I am home today. Kinda  I have parent teachers conferences starting at 3:30 .  I have 2 assigned times then in high school you just wait in line. I am working on bookwork 1st thing. I have servants going but I really need to clean off this desk.  We will be taking calves in to feed and some will come this week. I need to make broccoli cheese soup for crockpot. And maybe some buns or homemade bread anyways. I need a snack to for them to munch on after school. Nothing to exciting here. I thought I was going to have to go to a city for a tarp for our silage but we our neighbor had 1 we could buy. So that saved me a day of driving. Better make good use of my time.

Janice
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 08:52:05 AM by wrancher »

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 10:47:08 AM »
   Well, I know I typed a post a few days ago, but must have forgotten to hit post. LOL At least it isn't showing up.  :-\ We have been spring cleaning as well. We took the ac out today. Our highs are for the 60s for the next week. After that it will be late enough for heat not to last.  :D I have my counter all cleaned off, and the cabinets rearranged.
   Our fridge died last Friday. That was such a bummer. Thankfully I had enough saved to go buy a new one. I went to Lowe's, picked one out and told them to deliver it. They delivered on Sunday and picked up the old one. We waited the required time to plug it in. Then I spent the rest of Sunday taking stuff out of our ice chests and the freezer and getting everything organized. I didn't measure the new fridge. It is 2 inches wider than the old one, which meant moving 2 cabinets over. Luckily my hubby didn't get upset, just did it. Of course that meant unloading everything from the cabinets. It was a full day. I was glad to be off. I only have one day off in the next 10 so I will be busy, but I have a much lighter schedule during the last half of Oct.
   Well, need to get back to work. You all have a great day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie