Author Topic: Trader Joe's  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Trader Joe's
« on: September 30, 2015, 08:20:34 AM »
We have a new Trader Joe's in town!

I'm not really able to shop there regularly but I will stop in once in a while. My budget just is too tight right now. If you could suggest just one thing that would be worth getting what would that be? Snacks, cereal, main dish item--anything is game for my one item.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Trader Joe's
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 10:50:23 AM »
COOKIE BUTTER!!!!

I prefer the crunchy cookie butter, but both are so yummy! 

They have a lot of great items! The roasted corn in the frozen section is good too.  I also like a lot of their sauces, dressings, hummus'.

Also love the soy chorizo. It is much less fatty, but still has great flavor, and tastes like meat. 

(I might be back to add to this list later!)  ;)
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 10:55:05 AM »
I decided to take an off-premise lunch today and went there to look around. I got the cookie butter even before you posted to get that! I also bought something I haven't seen since my college years--corn nuts!  I also decided to try their artisan bread since I'm out at home and can't get to making bread until the weekend.  It was fairly busy and as I waited in line a cashier asked me step into his line and I was in and out in about 20 minutes. That was really fast.

Some things are really expensive and other things seem inexpensive to me. I'm not one for lingering around a store but I'll get back there a few more times as the rush calms down a bit.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 01:22:01 PM »
When they were in season, they had the most amazing oranges in the big bags I have ever bought anywhere.  I got like six bags and had I known how good they were, I would have gotten six more.  I think that the quality of in-season fruit is very good period. 

They carry pita chips that I believe only have 2 ingredients that are really good.  The chocolate chunks are the same way, super yummy and very few ingredients. Really good in cookies. 

The dried cranberries are really good.

I get lots of the organic tortilla chips.  The bags are big for the price.

I know some of the items that others seem to rave about are the New Zealand cheese, speculous butters, and the almond milk.

There is another thread somewhere on here where everyone lists lots of stuff if you want to look for it, I think it may be in the To Market thread.

You can also go on youtube and type in Trader Joe's Hauls to get some ideas of what is good.

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 05:27:30 PM »
The veggies and fruits are great and the pre-made salads are good in a pinch or for a treat.  The pecan pumpkin oatmeal is delicious and its only there for a few months so try it while its there.  The pumpkin cream cheese is good.. use the cinnamon sugar pitas to dip in it.  We love the cheeses too.

Offline Alice

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 09:14:56 AM »
We have been treating ourselves to that one single jar of cookie butter this past week and it's half gone already!  I have found it to be very good if I put about 1/2 tsp. into my cooked oatmeal in the morning.  Just enough to get the flavor throughout without being too sweet. It is really good. I zap my quick oats in the microwave, then add a splash of milk and then the cookie butter.

My daughter likes it on toast. Well, my husband just plain likes it on a spoon. Gotta watch him a bit more!

I'm not sure how good it is for you but sometimes those little treats make life happy.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats