Author Topic: Thursday, October 8, 2015  (Read 784 times)

Offline wrancher

Thursday, October 8, 2015
« on: October 08, 2015, 06:09:05 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Thursday, October 8, 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 06:25:33 AM »
We are having unreal warm weather for October! I was looking at forecast and we have 1 day that will be 84 this weekend. 2 years ago we had a blizzard so severe people lost their whole herds in snow with 3-4 ft of snow. Hard to erase something like that from your mind. It was so sad.
Today Ross and I will head over to our rented pasture and gather our cows and calves and bring them home. We will each bring some home in trailers then at 3 the truck will meet us there. If time I will haul hay and bookwork. I am doing extra and got 1 part of it done yesterday. Allison has an away game that I can't make it to. She also has a tourney away on Saturday that I will miss as we are getting calves ready to sell   1st time really missing games. But she understands but kills me. We are still trying to work on some new corrals hopefully we can hire some friends to help with some work. We could get a lot of corrals built in a short amount of time. We also might cut more silage. We are so blessed to have this work we just need to step back and appreciate it I keep telling people who say they are so busy that they should be thankful. If you weren't busy sinething would be wrong and not very good alternative. Better get kids going for school.

Coffee time
Janice

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 09:13:00 AM »
Back to real life!

Hubby and I had such a nice trip to the upper peninsular of MI.  The colors were spectacular!!  We really hit it just right.  We saw many waterfalls and visited a few lighthouses. It was beautiful seeing God's handiwork!

And, now back to the real world.  I have a pile of laundry that needs to be dealt with.  That will be my focus for the day.
Bathrooms need to be cleaned as well. 

Not sure about dinner, but I am thinking white chicken chili. Maybe I will throw together some cornbread to go with it.  That way the oven can provide a little bit of heat and I won't have to turn the furnace on yet.  To that end, maybe I should make some cookies or brownies or something too. hmmmmm.....!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 07:50:05 PM »
Good evening ladies,
   I finally have a couple of days off. The weather was gorgeous today which means those smelly bean bugs were out in force. We have to get all outside things done before it gets warm or they swarm you. They not only stink, but they bite really hard.  >:(
   Steve's funeral was quite an honor to him. He had been a first responder since he got out of high school. He was also the fire chief of the town he lived in. He had helped so many people over the years. All of the area firetrucks and ambulances led a procession to the cemetery to lay him to rest. It was quite touching. At least 20 big vehicles participated in this. Steve would have been so proud!
   Good news about my brother. They found out that his problem was the interaction of 2 medicines he was taking. The doctors had him take both of them while in the hospital and he started have little seizures again. Once these meds were out of his system, no more problems. He is home now and seems to be doing well. He hopes to go back to work tomorrow. The meds were for gout and Aleve. So if any of you take gout meds, don't take Aleve with them. Thank you all for your prayers.
   I have been eating at the care center. Not good for me. I have been slowly putting weight on, so I have decided to come up with something to take in my lunch. Not sure what yet, but the food served at the care center, although good, is not healthy food. Way too much starch, sugar, and fat in everything. It is kind of sad really because this is the food approved by our state. They don't even like us to use fresh stuff. They want everything to be prepackaged and labeled. Oh well, I know I have been feeling bad again and it is more than likely the gluten in the food I am eating, so I am going to get back with the program. Wish me well. I have a doctors appointment on Tues. so maybe she can give me some more guidelines, although, I know what I am supposed to eat.  ::) :-[
   You all have a great day tomorrow.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie