Author Topic: Coffee maker  (Read 2737 times)

Offline Cheryl

Coffee maker
« on: October 09, 2015, 05:29:04 AM »
After 2 years I think my Keurig is dying.  It sounds bad to say, but I am glad.  I have never liked this thing but couldn't tell my husband that since he bought it for me. :-\

Now I need to find a replacement.  I think I have a small one packed away somewhere, but I would like recommendations on buying a new one.  I don't need anything fancy, just something to brew a good, hot cup of coffee.  Any suggestions?
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Coffee maker
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 07:11:12 PM »
Did you want another Keurig or just a regular coffee maker? I love my Bunn. It makes coffee fast. I had a leak in it one and they replaced it for free.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 07:41:56 PM »
I'd prefer a regular coffee maker.  I'll look into the Bunn.  Sounds like they have good customer service.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline RenKnitter

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 05:12:31 AM »
We have a Black and Decker from Target.  The only requirement we have is an automatic timer, so this is the cheapest one we could get with that.  If you do not need the timer, there is an even cheaper model.  We are not that particular about our coffee, so this does for us. 

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 05:23:52 AM »
One without a timer would be fine.  I have a cat that gets me up every morning around 3:30-4:00, so I usually get my coffee going then.

My only requirement is that it makes hot coffee. :)  I know some people like Keurig but I didn't like this one from the beginning.   Now it's spitting and sputtering even after being cleaned and coffee comes out in a slow trickle.  I wish it would hurry up and just die.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 12:27:26 PM »
One without a timer would be fine.  I have a cat that gets me up every morning around 3:30-4:00, so I usually get my coffee going then.

My only requirement is that it makes hot coffee. :)  I know some people like Keurig but I didn't like this one from the beginning.   Now it's spitting and sputtering even after being cleaned and coffee comes out in a slow trickle.  I wish it would hurry up and just die.

Take the water chamber off and turn the machine upside down and bang on it (like burping it).  Also, when mine trickles its because of the grind of coffee.  Mine does great with a coarser grind  :)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 07:36:38 AM »
Cheryl,

Did you ever get your new coffee maker? I'm curious what kind you finally decided on getting.

Now, I have a question. My daughter started a new job and received a welcome package that included a mug and a bunch of Keurig cups. We don't have a keurig so we can't use the cups. I would some ideas on how we can use them. Anyone? There are hot chocolate, flavored coffees and maybe a tea. We won't buy a keurig just to use these either.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Anne Ofalamo

• ~never lose your JOY
    • anne of alamo blog
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 08:36:32 AM »
I love love love my BUNN! I have a double decker one! Industrial!
BuNN! love!
married 25 years
7kids
boys; 19(married), 17, 10, 8, and 7
twin girls 16
2 dogs
blogging our life here

Offline wrancher

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 08:43:02 AM »
We have the Keurig but I miss my Bunn!! If this one breaks I will buy Bunn. I probably drink less coffee with Keuirg though.

Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 11:15:21 AM »
I still have my Keurig and I still don't like it. ;)  When this goes I'll probably do a happy dance.

Alice, with the keurig coffee cups you could cut them open and use the coffee in a regular coffee maker.  I know someone who did this when she was given a lot of k-cups and didn't have a keurig. 
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn