Author Topic: Monday, Oct. 12, 2015  (Read 889 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Monday, Oct. 12, 2015
« on: October 12, 2015, 09:12:51 AM »
Good morning!

We had a really nice weekend.  It was a busy one--especially Saturday--but still a nice weekend.  Alex and Nathan had their last soccer games.  My church ladies' conference went really well.  We did a Wizard of Oz theme and one of the women helping out had a lot of Oz decor--including handmade costumes of the five main characters.  That added an element of fun to the whole thing.

Yesterday was a nice relaxing Sunday.  We went to church and my parents came for a visit to celebrate Alex's birthday.

Today my main goal is to do laundry.  All the way from washing to putting away.  If I accomplish nothing else today, I WILL CONQUER MY LAUNDRY.  I will have the twins today.  I have a whole list of things I'd like to do and will work on it in bits and pieces as I can.

Hope you all have a great day.

Merilee

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Re: Monday, Oct. 12, 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 10:40:17 AM »
Good morning,
   I have to work later, but I am feeling relaxed. I had Thurs. and Fri. off, worked Sat. and had Sun. off. So I have done lots of goofing. LOL It is a gorgeous day here, 72* with strong winds. The wind helps to keep the nasty bean bugs under control. Those things have been horrible, they stink and bite. I am hoping that when they cut the beans across the road from us, it is either a windy day or a cool day. Those are the only things that keep them from swarming us every time we go outside. LOL
   I have a 3 day weekend off coming up and I am excited. I also just agreed to switch shifts on Thurs. So I will have from 1:30 p.m. Thurs until 4 p.m. Monday off. This has not happened since I started working. We have already made plans to have a weenie roast for the grandkids. I have also made plans to have lunch with a friend who doesn't work at the care center any more. Aww, it should be a good weekend!
    I have been doing a bit of crocheting. I am working on a shawl. I have 5 rows left, plus 3 rows of edging. This will be the 3rd shawl I have ready. Then I only need to make 1 more and I should have enough for my daughters and soon to be DIL. I knitted scarves for the sons and SILs. The grandchildren will be getting either cash or gift cards this year. Just don't have time to make 10 of something, plus have no ideas on what to make. LOL  By the way, I am talking about Christmas gifts here. LOL Nothing like rambling on and not even letting you know what I am rambling about. LOL  ::)
   I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. It is with a doctor I have never met. This is the second time in a year I have had to change doctors. I hope Dr. Amber is here for a while. She has already been in the area for over a year, and has started her family, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I hate doctor's appointments, but I need to do this. Almost out of meds.  :( Sure hoping my A1c is down.
   Well, I'd better get a few things done around here. You all have a great day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, Oct. 12, 2015
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 03:13:57 PM »
Sounds like great weekends ladies!!

It was beautiful weather here, and we sure enjoyed it.  Saw quite a bit of our college son.  He came to town with his girlfriend to go to the art fest downtown, and then we went down to his game yesterday.

Today I have spent doing food prep for our college girlfriends reunion coming up this weekend.  I volunteered to put together a partial menu and do the cooking so we didn't have to eat out all weekend.  I have everything pretty much ready to go, except I need to make breakfast burritos for one morning.  That won't take too long once I get the tortillas.  All the tortillas of all sizes were pulled from the Aldi shelves. (or two stores were just sold out, but I kinda doubt that).  I will run pick those up at Gordon's tomorrow and finish that up.

Tonight I am working on my contribution to our "swag bags".  We are all bringing something to put in.  I have friends who own an iconic bar on Mackinac Island, and they gave me hats, pins, koozies, and magnets for the girls.  I also have those 80's rubber bracelets that I am going to sort out and ribbon together.  One of my son's put together 80's playlist
cds, so I need to make a cover sticker for those as well. 
Looking forward to being together with these girls again!  It's probably been well over 20 years!  (yikes!!)

Hope everyone has a nice evening!  Our temps are suppose to drop sharply after today, so I probably will have to kick on the furnace pretty soon.   :(
Pam

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25