Author Topic: Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2015  (Read 877 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2015
« on: October 13, 2015, 06:17:01 AM »
Good morning!

I've started working on developing a new habit of waking up at 5:45 am so I will have time to either shower before my high schoolers need to or getting breakfast started.  Too many times lately  my daughter has been going to school without breakfast (she doesn't like cold cereal) and my boys have been eating cereal for breakfast.  Then the youngest one comes to me complaining about being hungry.  So I decided I needed to get back to making breakfast so they'll all start their day with tummies that are full and will stay full.  On days that are more simple or have something in the oven, I can shower while the baking is happening.  I've gotten into some really bad habits and I need to change.

I accomplished my goal of getting all the laundry done, all the way to folding and putting away!  I even washed a load of towels and got those folded and put away!  It sure feels good to have that done.

Today's work includes ironing, mending (if I find anything), cleaning the microwave, working on cleaning up the garage, putting away stuff for the winter and getting out what we need for winter (shovels, ice melt).  I'll also keep working on my to do list of little things.

I'm not sure if I'll have the twins today since they didn't come yesterday (they are two of 5 boys) and one of the 5 boys was sick, so their mom stayed home.

This afternoon Jordan has his final home game.  It's been a tough season for them but he's had a good time playing so I'm grateful for that.

Hope you all have a great day!

Merilee

Offline wrancher

Re: Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 09:19:52 AM »
Good Morning

Busiest best day of the year. Paycheck day even if it is only 1/2. We are selling some steer calves today. They are starting to gather and trucks will be here at noon. I have garage kinda straightened but need to finish this house and dishes. I didn't do any yesterday and I have already did 3 huge sinkfulls. My dishwasher is still leaking.  I am fixin to make chocolate chip cookies, dishes and clean off my desk. Then I might haul 1 load of hay if I have time.  I helped Ross all day yesterday and we were busy up until we had to leave for Lanes game. They lost too. ugh So need to go finish burning garbage as wind blew horrible yesterday. I am just making a sandwich for everyone for lunch with chips and cookies. I made peanut butter cookies yesterday but hey are almost gone. Better run

Janice

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2015
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 10:36:37 AM »
Oh my I am slow getting going today!! 

I got a ton done yesterday, so today I am at a loss for what I should be doing.  I didn't make a to do list before going to bed. I always have so much more direction when I make my list at night.  I should know better! 

Need to keep working on preparations for my girls weekend.  Mainly little things now. 

I also need to start reading a new book.  I am on the launch team for "Hoodwinked - Ten Myths Moms Believe & Why We All Need to Knock It Off"  It is by Karen Ehman & Ruth Schwenk.  It looks to be a really great read.  I need to get on top of that so I can be somewhat helpful during discussions!  :)

The cold front has come in, and our beautiful warmth has moved on.  :(  Need to pull out my fall/winter clothes and see what I have. 

Hope everyone has an amazing day!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25