Author Topic: Wednesday, October 14, 2015  (Read 987 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Wednesday, October 14, 2015
« on: October 14, 2015, 06:55:54 AM »
Good morning!

I'm on day 3 of waking at 5:45 am and it's going well!  I am doing better at getting breakfasts ready and also lunches!  Yay!

Yesterday was a good day.  I got some ironing done and cleaned the microwave.  It wasn't as bad as it has been before but still needed to be cleaned.

Went to Jordan's final home game.  It was fun but a little sad because the other team isn't much better than ours but they still won by rather a lot.  Oh well.  Each other game had been such a blowout that the second half was "mercy-ruled" so the boys actually were getting tired--not being used to playing an "entire" football game.  Also, with 1:30 left in the game, the other team intercepted the ball, and in the process of play, two players (one from each team) collided head first.  The other team's player didn't get up from the field.  At first I thought they were just doing a concussion protocol but the more time that went on, and the longer the player stayed down without moving, the more I started to realize something was seriously wrong.  The game was called and an ambulance was summoned.  My parents-in-law were watching the game with us and my MIL texted me later that on her way to her car, she saw one of the refs and talked with him.  He said that the player could move all extremities so they were just being extra careful.  I was relieved to hear that.  We definitely remembered him in our prayers last night.

We had a normal evening at home up until about 8:30 when we got a text message that a young man who is in our church ward and a friend of my teenagers had been hurt badly and his mom was asking for two men to come to the hospital to give him a blessing.  Steven and I headed out after getting another man to come (we believe that two men  must be present to give a blessing).  I went along as the representative for our women's group (called the Relief Society.  I'm the second counselor (assistant) in the presidency).  Fortunately the young man will be OK.  We'll check up on the family today to see how things are going. 

So rather an exciting afternoon/evening!

Today is the last day of school before our fall break.  I am excited because we have two days off from school and we'll be doing some of our fall/Halloween activities.  There's a cute little shopping center near us called Gardner Village that is located where an old mill used to be (the mill building is now a country furniture store and restaurant) and the stores are in historical buildings--mostly homes--that were relocated to the shopping center.  Every October they do a Witch Scavenger Hunt--they decorate the entire shopping center with pumpkins and jack o lanterns and witches then they give you a paper with descriptions of the witches and you find them.  They do a similar thing at Christmas with elves.  This will be our third year doing the witch hunt. It's lots of fun.  Also I heard about another mill in a town about 30 minutes away that does a Pumpkin Walk.  Different groups decorate pumpkins and create scenes based on on the overall theme.  My hometown does a Pumpkin Walk and I grew up going to it so I thought it would be fun to check out the mill and see the pumpkins. 

Today Nathan and I are going to our preschool co-op.  I also have the twins today.  Today's an early out day due to fall break so I'll only have them for about 30 minutes. :)  I need to check over my menu and my food supplies and do grocery shopping and run errands.  I'd like to do some more ironing (I haven't seen the bottom of my ironing basket for months!).  The garage needs to be cleaned up.  I want to finish weeding the front flower bed so I can put down mulch.  And of course, in the little pockets of time here and there I'll keep working on whittling down the to do list.  Tonight Christie and Alex are going to our local MLS team's game.  Jordan may dress for the varsity game--if he does, I'll go to the game.  If not, I'll just drop him off. 

Enjoy your days!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wednesday, October 14, 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 09:27:03 AM »
Wow Merilee! You sure have a lot going on!  Good for you for getting up early and getting everyone off to a great start.  I don't think I could be as faithful to that as you have been already.  I'll bet that your family really appreciates it even if they don't voice it to you.

I have been out to my weight watchers meeting and ran to the store really quickly.  I usually walk with my friend, but today we both had other things going on and just ditched on it.   :-[
She is having a pampered chef party tonight that I will go to, so she needed to finish up prep for that.  I have my girls' weekend coming up and need to make breakfast burritos for the gang, so I will get on that in a few minutes and pop them in the freezer.  I would have done them on my "cooking" day Monday, but I needed to pick up the tortillas this morning to get them done. 

So, I will be putting those together, and will need to do a few other little things around the house before dinner and heading out for the evening.

I have been so tired as of late.  I feel like I am getting a good night's sleep, and have been taking vitamins, so I don't know what is up.  I might need to grab a cat nap later this afternoon.  (maybe time of month is the culprit.  I get low on iron sometimes, so maybe I just need to up the iron intake...)

Hope everyone is doing well today and has a great evening.

I will lift up in prayer the injured that you mentioned Merilee.  Hope they all recover quickly!

Keep Smilin'!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25