Author Topic: Thursday, Nov. 5  (Read 870 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Thursday, Nov. 5
« on: November 05, 2015, 06:54:56 AM »
Good morning!

I don't know if I've mentioned this but Jordan tried out for the basketball team for his junior high.  They had open gym last week and tryouts the first three days of this week.  This was done before school started--at 6 am so for the past week and a half I've been waking up at 5:30 a.m.  I know for you farm people that's no big deal but for me it was!  Sadly, he didn't make the team so today I slept in til almost 6.  Feeling really good! :)

Temperatures are around freezing right now and aren't going to get higher than mid-40s.  No rain is forecast but it'll be cloudy.

Last night I put fresh washed sheets on my bed, and my quilt. Boy, did that feel good!  I really think that if you're not sleeping well, wash your bedding and put on fresh pajamas and you'll feel great! :)  It may not solve all problems but it feels good! 

I have laundry to do today and while I'm at the task of putting away clothes, I'm going to hang the younger boy's long sleeve shirts.  I also need to inventory and see if I need to buy more jeans.  I'm pretty sure Nathan needs some--4 was about the age that I didn't really save jeans anymore from the older boys because they got worn out before they were outgrown.  Alex should be OK--he got some for his birthday.  Let's see what else--if it's dry enough outside I'll finish weeding and cutting back plants.  House pickup.  More cookie baking for the musical bake sale.  My kitchen floor is bad, so I'll move everything out and sweep really well and mop.  Continue working on Christmas lists.  Continue working on the office.  I worked in my bedroom yesterday so it's pretty good but there's a few more areas to work on.  As always, I'll check my ongoing to-dos and check things off here and there.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Thursday, Nov. 5
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 06:56:14 AM »
Forgot to add that dinner tonight is pork chops,rice pilaf,  roasted butternut squash, steamed cabbage, and fruit.

;D

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 07:42:43 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

My day will be mostly running errands.  Oldest son & his girlfriend fly in tomorrow, so I need to go pick up a few things for the meal we will be having on Saturday.  I have a list for shopping, and hope to make quick work of it!  I would much rather be home!

I need to put my kitchen back together as well.  The paint is finally done, and dry, so I can get that all put back together.  I need to wash rugs, and mop floor too.

Hubby will be home for dinner, so I need to make a plan for that.  Would like to go out, but with all the other expenses for the weekend, it doesn't seem to be in the cards for tonight. 

I guess I had better get myself around and ready to hit the road!
Hope everyone has a great day!  Our last warm one before the cold front blows in!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 08:42:43 AM »
Merilee, this one's for you. My dinner last night had a lot of what you're having tonight.

I fried my pork steaks (I cut boneless cutlets from a semi-boneless roast I bought a couple of weeks ago) and when they were browned, I removed them from the pan and got rid of the fat. From there I deglazed the pan with plain old water and put in one sliced onion and two sliced apples. I snuggled the pork back in there and added some sage, cinnamon and brown sugar and let them simmer for a while adding a bit of water as needed. They were fork tender and the apple/onion sauce was so good. I served that over homemade rice-a-roni. My husband forgot to save the extra portion meant for his lunch today and gobbled it all down last night. I have been reading recipes online but just made this one up based on what i read. It is for sure a keeper.

Hubby ran into a wonderful sale on big pork roasts a few weeks ago at 79 cents a lb. so we bought 4 big roasts and portioned them out. We now have the perfect recipe to use all those pork roasts instead of having pulled pork all the time. We also had some mixed veggies and applesauce for those who wanted that.

Tonight will be homemade pizza.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats