Author Topic: Monday, Nov. 12  (Read 753 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Monday, Nov. 12
« on: November 09, 2015, 08:28:44 AM »
Good morning!

It's a cloudy day outside--I think we are supposed to get rain today.

Right now I'm batch-making waffles to freeze.  I haven't been doing very well with breakfast lately--just letting my children have cereal or yogurt.  So over the weekend I made a breakfast menu.  Mondays will be waffles and pancakes.  I can make those and freeze then just thaw in the toaster.  Tuesdays will be a cooking day--breakfast burritos, sandwiches, etc.  Wednesdays will be quick breads or muffins--again, I can make those and freeze.  Thursdays will be overnight oatmeal--put it together Wednesday night then it's ready to serve Thursday morning.  I've never done overnight oatmeal before so we'll see how it turns out.  Fridays will be breakfast casseroles--I can put those together Thursday night then all I have to do Friday is bake them.  Saturday and Sunday will be "leftovers"--I hope to have extras of the muffins, quick breads, waffles etc. that the family can choose from.  If necessary, I'll add Saturday/Sunday to the menu.

I'm going to spend the morning in the kitchen.  I have some meat I need to prep for freezing in FoodSaver bags.  I'm going to go ahead and do dinner prep--we are having chicken pepper stir fry today so I'll cut up the peppers, onions and chicken and put them in bowls in the fridge, and make the sauce.  I'll also prep the green salad.  I want to make granola to eat with our yogurt and I have some ripe bananas to make into banana muffins or bread.

While things are baking and I'm not needed in the kitchen, I'll work on laundry, house pickup and the office.  That should pretty much fill up my day. :)

Hope you all have wonderful days!

Merilee

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, Nov. 12
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 09:21:32 AM »
Good Morning Merilee and All

See if I actually get this posted before I lose it.  I finally have dishwasher working properly. I should have looked at it this weekend and then I wouldn't be behind on dishes.  I lost my voice Saturday night and still don't have it back. I have a cold. ugh  I really don't feel that bad though. I am waiting for crop insurance lady this morning then want to head out and haul hay. The kids have a veterans day concert tonight instead of a Christmas concert. I miss the days of real Christmas concerts. Our music teacher calls them Holiday concerts. I want CHRISTmas!!  So all the kids come home afterschool.  I do need them to help me with a few things outside like hauling away the dead vines and just clean up yard. I kinda have house picked up although getting ready to sweep floors real quick. Laundry and dishes are going but I will need several more loads of each.  Nothing exiting. Just doing some bookwork to get ready for accountant apt the 19th. 

Have a great day
Janice