Author Topic: Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2015  (Read 762 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2015
« on: December 15, 2015, 07:40:29 AM »
Good snowy morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 07:47:07 AM »
Snow fell all night.  My area didn't get much more than a couple of inches but it was still enough to shovel.  So pretty to be out at 6 am, shoveling snow by the light of the house lights and streetlights.  Millions of tiny glitters in pure white, unadulterated snow.  Love that.  We need water desperately and snow in winter is what gives us that so I am grateful!

I didn't mention yesterday that Christie had her Christmas concert last night.  All the different choirs and bands sang/played.  It was nice. 

Not much going on today, which is a good thing because the storm continues today.  I have the twins and Christie has church youth group tonight (if they don't cancel) and that's it.  Soccer practice was cancelled.  I do want to take my kids sledding at a nearby park after school.

Got a lot done on my to do list yesterday.  Today is more of the same.  I will focus on my garage.  I have a couple loads of laundry to put away and two to wash.  The ironing basket has filled up again so I'll iron while watching a movie or something.  Weekly kitchen cleaning tasks are the microwave and fridge/freezer.  It's a good day to do that because the fridge is pretty empty.  I'll be doing a major grocery shopping trip tomorrow, I hope.  Depends on weather.  :)

And of course, the list of little to-dos that can be done in between the bigger jobs.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2015
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 05:35:14 PM »
Hope everyone has had a nice day!

Had my stress test this afternoon.  Got results from my dr. within 3 hours via the "myhealth" website they use.  All was normal, heart looked good.  So that was a relief.  Seems my chest discomfort is definitely stress/nerves.  Need to find a way to minimize stress and find a coping mechanism to deal with it.  Something to work on!  Feeling good about the whole situation now knowing my heart is good. (until the bill comes in!! LOL!)

Merilee: glad you got the snow you were hoping for!  We don't have any here, but may get a little lake effect toward the end of the week.  We shall see.  I'm good with it either way.

Tonight I am making lists to figure out what I still need to do and buy.  Sent a text to my 3 boys with which treats/cookies they really want this year.  They came up with 4 that are all pretty easy, so that will make a huge difference in time/effort for me!  I am happy about that.  Will get supplies later this week, and probably do those up on Saturday. 
It was nice to get an idea of what the boys would miss if I didn't do, and what they didn't really care about.  De-stressing as we speak!

Hope everyone has a great night, and a good start to your day tomorrow.  I will be out and about until afternoon, so will try to check in then.
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25