Author Topic: Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2015  (Read 928 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2015
« on: December 16, 2015, 06:15:30 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 06:25:17 AM »
Cold morning.  We got a dusting of snow overnight--nothing that needs to be shoveled.  More snow is predicted for this afternoon.

Yesterday I took Alex and Nathan sledding.  It was fun!  We got hardly any snow last year so it was great to be able to sled and to see so many other people taking advantage of it.

I also got the garage cleaned up!  I was in charge of three major church events this month and the stuff from those events got dropped in the garage.  I got everything that needed to go in the house, inside and got everything else put away.  Now Steven can park his car in the garage.  He only parks inside during the winter because during warm weather, with bikes and scooters and the lawnmower, etc. there's not enough room.  Now when snow falls, he doesn't have to clean off his car, and when snow doesn't fall, he doesn't have to defrost his windshield.

Today is preschool group with Nathan.  Immediately after I will have the twins.  Then after I drop them off at school, I have two ladies coming over to practice a song for our Christmas church program on Sunday.  Jordan has Boy Scouts tonight.

Today's to dos are: finish laundry, pick up house, finish sorting through all the stuff I brought in from the garage, make a menu, shop for groceries, run other errands, buy Christmas presents, finish writing thank you cards for the people who helped with the church activities, and I'm sure I will think of/find other things to do.

I'd like to make some sugar cookies for us to decorate today and to take to our neighbors.

Have a wonderful day!

Merilee

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 07:38:45 AM »
Good morning

8-10" of snow here. Kids haven't been to school for 2 days. Right now no electricity. Went off in night and stayed off.  Hoping we don't have to bring up generator. Lane finally has appointment for EEG on Friday. He has a prescription to get a glucose meter. He had blood checked at hospital yesterday and he is still low. I have a ton to do but need electricity. Better save my battery. Might have go charge phone in tractor.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 09:57:13 AM »
Good morning.

Janice, I hope your electricity is back on soon.  Do they think low blood sugar is the cause of Lane's seizure?  Hopefully you'll get it all figured out and he won't have to be on anti-seizure medication.  I had a seizure when I was 19 and was put on Dilantin.  I wasn't allowed to drive for 6 months.  I had EEG, cat scans, and other tests.  They never did determine what caused it.  Best guess was stress and lack of sleep.

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 01:47:22 PM »
Good Late afternoon ladies!

I have been on the go all day.  Middle son had car trouble, so he has my hubby's car for now.  That leaves us with one car, which for the most part shouldn't be a problem.  Today I dropped him off downtown and then headed to my weight watchers meeting.  Weighed in (over safe weight by 0.4#)  :-\  I did lose 2.8 for the week, so at least there's that!
Walked and lunched with my friend, and then ran to a few stores for a couple of gifts and a couple of groceries.  Then, I picked hubby up and we ran to the bank.

Tonight we are meeting up with some friends for a little holiday celebration.  Shouldn't be too late of a night.  Just a quick dinner and visit.

I need to pull together a couple of gifts for hubby to take in to the radio station in the morning.  Guess I should get that going so it is ready and I won't have to mess with it when we get home.
Always something to do!

Hope everyone has a great evening and get as much done as possible!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25