Author Topic: is this forum dying?  (Read 7326 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
is this forum dying?
« on: December 17, 2015, 08:07:56 AM »
I guess I'm wondering if the forum is dying. Many ladies who used to post seem to have vanished. Is there a new forum that they have gone to that I'm not aware of? I say this because I put myself on the Christmas card exchange list and I haven't heard anything and it's too late now. I also see a Christmas package exchange that looks like nothing happened with. I guess I'm wondering if there is a new place where the ladies are going. I'm thinking it's not just the busyness of the Christmas season since it seems to have been drying up for a longer time than just the season. Maybe everyones life is just plain changing and the forum no longer fits their needs. Maybe we just don't have interesting things in our lives anymore. I know for me, my kids have pretty much grown up and I no longer have as many issues with them that I once sought opinions and suggestions on. I also know that life just seems to have accelerated and the older I get the faster things happen.

I sure would love to hear some updates on some of the former contributors. I miss you guys! Where are you all?

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: is this forum dying?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 11:22:38 AM »
Maybe so.  I check in now and then but miss the lively thread discussions we used to have when we were a large group and there were lots of ideas and opinions to weigh in.  Plus, many of the ladies that I felt I had really built relationships with are also on facebook so we keep up with each others' lives that way.  It's a bit sad to see the forum die off, though.  As with anything.  :(

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 07:50:04 PM »
I sure hope it doesn't die.  Even though I am on Facebook I still prefer the board over it.  I know I'm not an exciting person but I try to post regularly. :)  It's disheartening to feel like you're talking to yourself.

I also miss the discussions we used to have and sharing ideas and such.  Just yesterday I was looking back over the 'Ingredient of the Day' threads for ideas on some things.  I wish we could revive those types of threads.

Anybody have suggestions? 
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 09:20:45 AM »
Maybe so.  I check in now and then but miss the lively thread discussions we used to have when we were a large group and there were lots of ideas and opinions to weigh in.  Plus, many of the ladies that I felt I had really built relationships with are also on facebook so we keep up with each others' lives that way.  It's a bit sad to see the forum die off, though.  As with anything.  :(

I agree.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 01:51:52 PM »
I will totally miss everyone if this forum isn't here!  This the only forum I get on and don't do Facebook.  Been only having time to read on here lately (what little was on here to read), and not time to actually sit down and compose a post.  I miss some that used to be here too.  Could some of you ladies that use the other site maybe invite some of those ladies from the original group over here so there might be more lively conversation again?  Just an idea? ???

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 03:47:48 PM »
Maybe we could ask people to post something just as a suggestion to "liven things up" and see if we can't get some more subjects and and conversation going. I miss the "chatter" so much and I'm just wondering where everyone went.  I am guilty also for not posting so often but I read every single day.  I am a boring person right now just trying to slide through under the radar so I'll try to up my posts.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 05:34:27 PM »
I asked Laurie (honbug) if she'd like to join us.  I hope she does and I hope the ones that were already here start posting again.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 03:26:18 PM »
I asked Laurie (honbug) if she'd like to join us.  I hope she does and I hope the ones that were already here start posting again.
Yay!  I don't know Laurie, but remember reading her posts on the other forum.  :)  Tell her we love HomeDepot over here! ;) :)  I also miss Leah, Shelley, Cathy (lovinmydogs), Winona, Susan (she has a youtube channel though), Norma, Mandy, Bobbie, and things are always fun when Miss Cathie drops in,  and I am sure there are more! :)  Wish they would all come back.

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 05:02:34 PM »
Susan has a YouTube channel?  She's my FB friend.. how did I not know that?

Offline Rooney

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 05:20:50 PM »
The channel is (I think) sandlappersue01.  Maybe not the same Susan? ???

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 05:43:57 PM »
I miss all of them too.  I hear from some of them on FB, but it's not the same.

I don't watch many videos on YouTube and I had forgotten about Susan's channel.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 12:39:56 AM »
The channel is (I think) sandlappersue01.  Maybe not the same Susan? ???

thats her.. very cool!

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 08:26:40 AM »
I would hate to see the site go and will try to post more often. I have started working daily for the first time in 14 years and I'm just exhausted. I do read often when my class is laying down for nap but usually don't have time to reply. Will try to do better. Merry Christmas everyone.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 08:57:42 AM »
I sure hope it doesn't die.  Even though I am on Facebook I still prefer the board over it.  I know I'm not an exciting person but I try to post regularly. :)  It's disheartening to feel like you're talking to yourself.

I also miss the discussions we used to have and sharing ideas and such.  Just yesterday I was looking back over the 'Ingredient of the Day' threads for ideas on some things.  I wish we could revive those types of threads.

Anybody have suggestions?

Yes!  I find that kind of thread helpful as well.  Particularly as we can target items that are very inexpensive seasonally, such as cabbage, sweet potatoes, potatoes, etc... .  I've been trying to come up with uses for the items Aldi has super cheap at times.  Need to do MORE of it.  Got lots of places I'd like to travel next year and the money has to come from somewhere.  :P

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 11:14:57 AM »
I guess the answer would be for us that are here to revive those things.  There are many members here so maybe others will join in if we start them.  ;)

Also, I think inviting people that we know or those that may have forgotten about the forum may be a good idea.