Author Topic: Monday, December 21st, 2015  (Read 1547 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Monday, December 21st, 2015
« on: December 21, 2015, 06:31:00 AM »
Good morning!

First official day of Winter Break and yet we're all up and getting ready.  Normally I would be driving Maddy to school right now.  Instead, the kids are going hiking with me (some reluctantly).  It will be a shorter hike today, probably only about 3 miles, but with some boulders and steep stuff so still decent exercise.

Not really a whole lot planned other than that.  We'll probably be home by 2 or 2:30.  Taking a chicken out to thaw for dinner tonight, then I'll be able to make some broth for a meal later this week.  Gotta keep thinking ahead to keep this crew fed 24/7. 

I have a small bit of wrapping yet to do.  Might get in some baking.  Other than that, we plan to enjoy the time off school, do some hiking, maybe play games and watch movies...a leisurely week.

Happy Monday!
Catherine

Offline Cheryl

Re: Monday, December 21st, 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 06:40:38 AM »
Good morning, Catherine and all who follow.

I am waiting for the vet's office to open so I can make an appointment for our Lily cat.  She is passing blood again and I need some answers.  Treating her for an UTI does not seem to work and I will feel better seeing the vet since they're going to be closed for Christmas later this week.  I've learned over the years that pets are a lot like kids in the way they seem to get sick over weekends and holidays when the doctor's office is closed.

Later today I want to bake the cookies I didn't get around to yesterday.  I did manage to get the house clean so that's a plus.  I guess we're having leftovers for supper tonight.  I put 2 pork roasts on the smoker Saturday and we still have quite a bit of meat left from those.

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 06:43:55 AM »
Oh, Cheryl, so sorry to hear she is still dealing with this (and you!)  No fun for any of you.  :(  And yes, we seem to have the same issues with them having problems when the vet is closed.  Sassy has been fighting a massive sinus infection for some time now and I took her back in on Friday for yet another round of a stronger antibiotic to hopefully get it cleared up.  But if she isn't seeming MUCH better by Wednesday, I'll be calling yet again.  :/

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 06:45:35 AM »
After having a super busy weekend, I actually slept well last night. I don't normally sleep well anymore--not sure why. But today I'm back at work to relax. Sounds crazy but sometimes it's more relaxing to go to work than to stay home and do all the running around for errands for kids, myself, hubby, etc. I have a three day week then a nice long weekend bur surely it won't be "relaxing" at all. 

No dinner plans made yet. I've got to get out of this rut as well. Lately, I just can't seem to get my plans in order for the evening dinner so when I come home from work, nothing is planned and nothing is thawed and then I have to scramble.  Not liking that at all. 

Have a nice day everyone.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 07:05:27 AM »
Good morning. I didn't sleep a wink last night oldest son was up sick all night and then I forgot to turn my school/work alarm off so I am up for good now. Daughter went to Dr  on 17th and got a shot and Zack for bronchitis but says her lungs really hurt now so will call the Dr in a few see if they can see her. I'm all done with shopping except for hubby and may do that later today depending on how kids are feeling. I got all the kids stuff wrapped last night bc I want a few day to just relax and enjoy oh and snuggle and take care of Trenten bc he is having ear drum surgery again in the morning to cyst removed. We'll it's 8 now so I need to call the Dr, have a great day everyone.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 07:14:26 AM »
Good morning all!

So nice to see so much to catch up on.  What a great Christmas present.

So we are on official Christmas break.  Everyone is getting up to do our usual chores outside. Since everyone is home I don't have to go outside I have plenty to finish inside.  I first need to pay some bills and get them to the mailbox of the ones I don't pay online. Then I HAVE to make a boot frame mirror that I have sold. I will start usual dishes and laundry as I am running around the house. Lane has a game in town today and has to be there by 2. He is waiting for EEG report to come back hopefully today so he can be cleared on sports and PE. He is still having issues with his low blood sugar.  Cant wait till we have the answer and know that we are just dealing with low blood sugar so we can learn to live with it.  I still need to wrap packages too. I have them stored at my moms and she is gone today so I may wait till tomorrow but I would like to go get it done. 

super foggy here this morning.  Very winter like.  Well I have quite 

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 07:24:29 AM »
Good morning!

I don't post on the weekends but I do read and it's fun to see so many here!

I had a great weekend.  Saturday we drove up to my parents' house for our Christmas party. We had a great time with my family.

Yesterday was the Christmas program in church that I was in charge of.  It went beautifully.  It was very inspiring and Spirit-bringing.  Quite a few people complimented me on it.  But I know it was the Lord's blessing that it all came together.  We did work hard and did our part but the Lord blessed us too.

We too are on Christmas break now.  Today will be a busy day as I want to finish as much shopping as possible.  Gifts, food, whatever else I need to do.  Then I can  just stay home the rest of the week and enjoy final Christmas preparations.

I've made up my menu for the rest of December (will post in the Cook House--hopefully it'll spark some ideas?).  I've made the list of Christmas activities my children still want to do.  Some of them we may do after Christmas.  :D

I got the family together to help tidy the house last night so there's just a few things here and there that I need to do myself/finish up.  I've also got laundry to do.

Hope you all have a great day!

Merilee

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 08:26:09 AM »
Good morning ladies!

No break for us here!  Not yet at least.  I had my group of church girlfriends over on Friday night for our monthly get-together.  I host every year at Christmas and it's so much fun! I make a ham and a speciality drink, everyone brings a side dish, and then we have a cookie exchange and ornament exchange.  Then on Saturday we drove up to Annapolis (about 2 hours each way) to visit my Nana in her gorgeous new assisted living facility, yesterday our friends and their 2-year old came down from New York on their way to family and stayed with us overnight, and next up is hosting a Christmas Eve brunch for Grimm's birthday.  Busy, busy!  Jean has also been working nonstop for the past month or so to finish a kitchen gut job.  Thankfully he will be done for Christmas, and plans on taking most of January off.  I can't wait to sleep in!

Today started off a bit chaotic, but should be slow enough to catch up this afternoon.  Jean and I woke up at our normal time so he could get out the door and on the road by about 5AM.  Our friends wanted to get on the road around 7AM, so after breakfast and packing them up, they were off as well.  Their tiny dog Daisy is staying with us while they are with family, and she's so sweet to have around.  Her wee chihuahua body is quite different from the 160-pound Grimm that we're used to :o.  They seem to get along with (or at least tolerate!) each other though.

Today I need to:
*Work out.  I skipped yoga since our friends were here, so I'll likely hop on the treadmill.
*Go over the kitchen
*Go over the hall/guest bathroom
*Plan our weekly menu
*Wrap a few stocking items
*Upload yesterday's '12 Days of Vlogmas' video to our YouTube channel
*Maybe go on a quick walk with the pups if it warms up a bit before the rain comes

I've missed posting, and will be making a conscious effort to do so more often.  Have a great day, ladies!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Rooney

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 08:59:01 AM »
Good morning ladies!

No break for us here!  Not yet at least.  I had my group of church girlfriends over on Friday night for our monthly get-together.  I host every year at Christmas and it's so much fun! I make a ham and a speciality drink, everyone brings a side dish, and then we have a cookie exchange and ornament exchange.  Then on Saturday we drove up to Annapolis (about 2 hours each way) to visit my Nana in her gorgeous new assisted living facility, yesterday our friends and their 2-year old came down from New York on their way to family and stayed with us overnight, and next up is hosting a Christmas Eve brunch for Grimm's birthday.  Busy, busy!  Jean has also been working nonstop for the past month or so to finish a kitchen gut job.  Thankfully he will be done for Christmas, and plans on taking most of January off.  I can't wait to sleep in!

Today started off a bit chaotic, but should be slow enough to catch up this afternoon.  Jean and I woke up at our normal time so he could get out the door and on the road by about 5AM.  Our friends wanted to get on the road around 7AM, so after breakfast and packing them up, they were off as well.  Their tiny dog Daisy is staying with us while they are with family, and she's so sweet to have around.  Her wee chihuahua body is quite different from the 160-pound Grimm that we're used to :o.  They seem to get along with (or at least tolerate!) each other though.

Today I need to:
*Work out.  I skipped yoga since our friends were here, so I'll likely hop on the treadmill.
*Go over the kitchen
*Go over the hall/guest bathroom
*Plan our weekly menu
*Wrap a few stocking items
*Upload yesterday's '12 Days of Vlogmas' video to our YouTube channel
*Maybe go on a quick walk with the pups if it warms up a bit before the rain comes

I've missed posting, and will be making a conscious effort to do so more often.  Have a great day, ladies!

Mandy :)

I have been watching them! :)  What a fun idea! :)  You have inspired me to try this for Steve next year.  Seems like it would be fun to have to come up with 12 small things your spouse would enjoy getting.  You are so good at the production of your videos too.  It is such good quality, that it seems like you must have been doing it for years.  You definitely have a gift for it.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 09:03:39 AM »

I have been watching them! :)  What a fun idea! :)  You have inspired me to try this for Steve next year.  Seems like it would be fun to have to come up with 12 small things your spouse would enjoy getting.  You are so good at the production of your videos too.  It is such good quality, that it seems like you must have been doing it for years.  You definitely have a gift for it.

Oh my goodness, you are too kind!  I have definitely NOT been creating these videos for years, but we sure do have a lot of fun with it.  Thank you!
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 12:38:06 PM »
Wow Ladies!  Everyone sounds like they sure have full days!

Here it is afternoon and I am just getting on.  I ran all the rest of my errands this morning, so I shouldn't have to go back into the stores until at least sometime next week.  I am hoping for the first of the year, but we will see how it goes.  Mostly had to do grocery shopping for this week and all of our special meals and treats.
I did have to pick up a few last minute gift cards and stocking stuffers, so that is done and done!  I will wrap the few gifts I still have this afternoon, and be done with that! 

Hopefully I can get a start on a few cookies/treats this evening.  Hubby has gone to pick up oldest son from airport.  He flies into Detroit because it is massively cheaper to fly there than into our local airport.  It is a 2 plus hour drive, but still worth it.  They are driving to our youngest son's apartment and spending the night there.  He has a college visit tomorrow meeting with the baseball coach, and since our oldest works for a recruiting service and has been doing a lot of contacting, etc. for our youngest, they wanted to both be there for the visit. 

Tomorrow is my baking/cooking day.  Whatever I don't do tonight, will get done tomorrow.

Also, plumber is coming tonight to put our downstairs bathroom sink in.  It shouldn't take him too long.  I will be glad to finally have that done.  It has been a long road getting this bathroom done from drywall to painting & flooring in.  It has been kind of a thorn in my side this past month!! 

Hope everyone has a great evening!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 03:30:37 PM »
Well, I feel like a slacker compared to you all today.  ;D

It was a busy morning.  I got up and got dinner in the crockpot, went to the gym, ran some errands (my umbrella is MIA so I got a new one, that LAST one that Target had of the smaller ones.  Its been pouring rain here.  I'll find my old one now, for sure. but I would rather have 2 than none, lol) , went to the chiropractor, drove by the new house (I do that on occasion  ;) ) came home and delivered the neighbors Christmas treats and then ran back out to the store for a few things.

So, now I am sitting here with some lunch and a cup of coffee.  I think I may watch the last episode of season two of When Calls the Heart while I wait on the dishwasher to run.  I am going to make a batch of fudge for the hubs to take to work tomorrow.

Christmas is all ready here.  Its thinner this year with the purchase of our house but our boys are super easy and don't have a lot of wants.  I am grateful.  We have 12 gifts here for all of us.  ;D  I think everyone will like what they got and I KNOW I will because I was with my hubs when it was purchased.  We have become the "shop for what you want and have the other wrap it" couple.  Actually, the hubs is getting a new pair of shoes and I think he will be very surprised.  The boys and I went in together on the purchase (mom pays most if it, they chip in).  When did men's dress shoes get to be so expensive???  Oh well, he won't buy them for himself and he needs them for work. 

Dinner this evening is pork roast, rice and a salad.

Have a Happy Monday, everyone!  So nice to see so many here!