Author Topic: Tuesday, December 22nd, 2015  (Read 1760 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Tuesday, December 22nd, 2015
« on: December 22, 2015, 06:31:07 AM »
Good morning!

Wow, I'm first three mornings in a row?  That's unusual.  Janice, you okay?

Woke up with a bad headache so I'm sipping coffee and hoping for the best.  Had my weigh-in this morning for a weight loss challenge I've been participating in with other Trim Healthy Mamas from Oklahoma, and I lost the water weight I'd gained last week plus 0.7 lbs over the previous week's low.  Not too bad for this time of year.  :)  Slow and steady is working for me....feeling determined this time around and like I CAN do it.

Had a last-minute invitation to do a great hike today, gorgeous 7 miler, but am going to stay home and try to finish up some things.  Need a quick run to Aldi and Green Acres Market for just a few items, and would like to get the rest of Earl's gifts wrapped.  Also working on laundry, though the kids will certainly be helping with that.  I think the girls plan to do some baking today, and I will get my ground beef thawing in the fridge for the Christmas Day meatballs.  I've got chicken broth simmering on the stove from last night's roast chicken bones, and the Pennies and Pancake Slow Cooker "refried" beans in the crockpot for lunch.  One load of laundry going and will probably do at least one more, plus fold some cleaning cloths and towels that are in the dryer.  Still need to figure out tonight's dinner.  Possibly salmon patties since we have no outside commitments this week (Tuesdays are usually busy evenings so I try for a soup or slowcooker meal).

Hope you all have a lovely day!
Catherine

Offline wrancher

Re: Tuesday, December 22nd, 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 07:39:32 AM »
Good morning

Yeah I am ok.  Just trying to get a few things done each morning before I get on here.  Keep checking website to see if Lanes results are back from EEG.   Not sure where to go from here.  He is still having a time getting blood sugar levels right.  His heart feels funny at times.  I hope to just get an answer. We are to be leaving next Monday evening and be gone for a week in Cancun.  So today is finish the mirror I want done so I can get out of my house and mind.  Otherwise Normal chores and wrap gifts for the other people we give to.  Pay more bills and get in mail.  .

Have a great day
Janice
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 08:09:32 AM by wrancher »

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 08:01:13 AM »
Good morning

Yeah I am ok.  Just trying to get a few things done each morning before I get on here.  Keep checking website to see if Lanes results are back from EEG.   Not sure where to go from here.  He is still having a time getting blood sugar lvels right.  He heart feels funny at times.  I hope to just get an answwr. We are to be leaving next Monday evening and be gone for a week in Cancun.  So today is finish the mirror I want done so I can get out of my house and mind.  Otherwise Normal chores and wrap gifts for the other people we give to.  Pay more bills and get in mail.  .

Have a great day
Janice

That must be stressful!  Praying for good news and for Lane to feel better.  Your trip sounds like fun but I know it is a lot of work to get ready and be gone, let alone with your farm business.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 08:48:40 AM »
Wow I reread my post and tried to fix some of the errors. Heading downstairs to get mirror done!

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 09:18:08 AM »
Good morning!

It's snowing!  Supposed to snow all day today and tomorrow so it looks like we'll have a white Christmas!  Yay!

Today I have an appointment to visit a sister from church and after that the day is wide open.  I do have some Christmas shopping to finish and some bills to pay but otherwise I can do what I want to do when I want to do it.  That sounds like I plan to spend my day reading, watching TV and generally lazing around but that's not my plan!

On my list:  laundry, house pickup, wrap presents, prepare friend/neighbor/church  member gifts (bottles of sparkling cider--will make cute tags to put on them), start working on some small organizational projects, shoveling snow if I need to.

I'll also take some time to relax today!

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 09:37:33 AM »
Good Morning Ladies! *made it under the wire!!

Today is my goodie/baking day!  I have sugar cutout cookies, scotcharoos, peanut butter fudge, m&m cake bars and snickers muddy buddies done so far.
I still have peanut butter cups, peanut clusters and peanut butter cookies to do.  Shouldn't take too long.

Hubby and 2 of my boys are on a college visit in South Bend.  They should be home by late afternoon.  Dinner tonight is oven "fried" chicken and cheesy potatoes.  The potatoes are going in the crockpot, sot dinner will be pretty quick to throw together. 

It will be nice to have my SC boy and college boy home for a while!  3rd son lives with some buddies in the area, so hopefully he will be spending quite a bit of time here as well.  I am looking forward to it!

Well, I had better get back to stirring and pouring!  I want to have this all done and cleaned up by the time they all get here!
Hope everyone has an amazing day!
Enjoy that snow Merilee!  We have no chance of a white Christmas here! 
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 12:06:46 PM »
Good Afternoon!

I just did NOT want to get up this morning!  We've had weeks upon weeks of early mornings and late nights with Jean working almost every day*, and even though I'm not going into a job and doing physical labor like he is, even I'm feeling the effects!  He's been working so hard and so long to finish these two jobs that I decided to surprise him with a little treat.  I had bought all of his Christmas gifts already, but on a whim (yikes!) I decided to buy him the Kindle Fire that he had on his Amazon Wish List.  They are on special for only $50 right now, and it will be so handy for him to have a tablet that he can take to work that isn't our pricey iPad.  I also bought him a gift certificate for a 45-minute massage from the fitness and wellness center where I work out, so I will wrap those up and give them to him tomorrow night after he finishes his last day on the big jobs.

So far today I did manage to get up (woohoo!), get to the gym, and go to a hair appointment.  I've just gotten home, let the pups out, and made myself something to eat.  I need to do a couple of loads of laundry and a little bit of NSA work.  Mom and I are headed to Costco tomorrow for a few last-minute Christmas Eve brunch items, including a cake.  I'm sure it will be a zoo, but it's all in good holiday fun.

Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the day!

Mandy :)

*Helpful tip: If you hire someone to do a full gut/renovation job on your kitchen, tell them that you need it to be done in time to host Christmas dinner before they start the work.  He started this job and everything was going great, then the lady sprang the news on him that he had a super-short time frame, so he's been working literally 6-7 days a week, leaving at 5AM and getting home around 8PM.   ;D >:( :o
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 02:17:24 PM »
Good afternoon, ladies.

Seems like its been busy all day but I haven't got much to show for it.  ;)

I have showered, went to the chiropractor and then drove by where I need to go for pre-op tomorrow to see where it was.  Came home and made some calls for the financing on our new house.  Seems like we're all set to close early to mid January.

Not sure what I have planned for the rest of today.  I feel kind of "draggy" and really just want to sit here with some coffee.  I may take a quick nap and see if that helps. 

Dinner this evening is stir fry chicken, veggies and rice.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 02:25:05 PM »
Good morning!

Woke up with a bad headache so I'm sipping coffee and hoping for the best.  Had my weigh-in this morning for a weight loss challenge I've been participating in with other Trim Healthy Mamas from Oklahoma, and I lost the water weight I'd gained last week plus 0.7 lbs over the previous week's low.  Not too bad for this time of year.  :)  Slow and steady is working for me....feeling determined this time around and like I CAN do it.

Had a last-minute invitation to do a great hike today, gorgeous 7 miler, but am going to stay home and try to finish up some things.  Need a quick run to Aldi and Green Acres Market for just a few items, and would like to get the rest of Earl's gifts wrapped.  Also working on laundry, though the kids will certainly be helping with that.  I think the girls plan to do some baking today, and I will get my ground beef thawing in the fridge for the Christmas Day meatballs.  I've got chicken broth simmering on the stove from last night's roast chicken bones, and the Pennies and Pancake Slow Cooker "refried" beans in the crockpot for lunch.  One load of laundry going and will probably do at least one more, plus fold some cleaning cloths and towels that are in the dryer.  Still need to figure out tonight's dinner.  Possibly salmon patties since we have no outside commitments this week (Tuesdays are usually busy evenings so I try for a soup or slowcooker meal).

Catherine

Whatever happened to her blog?  She just stopped posting. 

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 03:13:53 PM »
Good morning!

Catherine

Whatever happened to her blog?  She just stopped posting.

No idea!  It's not one I check regularly...so frustrating when bloggers just stop like that.

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 03:35:01 PM »
I agree.. it was a good blog too.  No announcement, no nothing.  Her FB page for it is gone too, I believe.  Makes me wonder if all is okay.