Author Topic: Monday December 29  (Read 2565 times)

Offline gaggleofseven

Re: Monday December 29
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2015, 12:00:39 PM »
Praying for you today, Erica, and as you recover.

We've had blowing heavy rain today. Thinking of you all who are experiencing dangerous weather conditions.

Today I'm tidying my kitchen and organizing some paperwork. I bought three pieces of fabrc yesterday at Joanns for 40% off plus an extra 20%. I'm going to cut out a throw-size quilt which might end up being the first start of next year's Christmas presents!!

Dinner tonight is fried ham and potatoes with scrambled eggs.

Stay safe!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 03:15:35 PM »
Good Evening!

I'm way late in posting today.  Better late than never, as they say, right?  I started the day back at yoga, and even took Jean with me.  We dropped off the trash on the way home, then came home and PUT AWAY CHRISTMAAAAAAAS!!  I LOVE Christmas, and I love when our house is all decorated, but boy does it feel good to put it away and clean up in time for the new year.  So, the house is back to normal now, save for one box which will hold the icicle lights that are still on the outside of the house for a few more days.

Switching out the Christmas and cleaning up took most of the day, but I also got in a load of laundry and some NSA work.  Jean has just left for the gym, so I've got a bit of time before I need to start dinner (chicken enchilada skillet).

Hope you've all had wonderful days, especially our patient, Erica!!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Rooney

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 04:22:14 PM »
Well, today has been unproductive, but fun.  I love Christmas break.  The older kids have been busy creating things from legos and knex.  The younger ones playing with new things that make noise.  We have been watching Scooby Doo, our favorite, of course.  I am telling you, if I could I would have a mural of Scooby and the gang painted permanently on my wall. lol  I have just been catching up on laundry, cooking and got enough ironing done to not have to drag out the ironing board again for 2 weeks.  Also trying to get my food order finalized as cut off is tomorrow.  I am in serious need of inspiration with new meal ideas!  I need some new things to make that you can make a lot of at once.  Am trying to come up with some so I can tweak my order accordingly.

Today is always a kind of somber day for me, so it was nice that the kids kept things so lively with all their new toys and such.  Today would have been my very best friend's 38th birthday.  She passed away from a congenital heart defect that she had since birth 7 years ago December 5th.  We had been best friends since 12 years old, so today is always kind of a downer. It has been difficult for me to make new friends since then, or really even try, for that matter. 

Need to get supper started.  A simple spaghetti bake for the kids with a salad from the greenhouse.  For us, leftover chicken tenderloins, baked fries and a small salad.  Better get to it.

Today is just the 28th, right?  Cathie are you trying to get us to NEXT Christmas quicker?! ;D

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2015, 04:26:07 PM »
So, we were all sent home from work at 3 pm due to dangerous weather. I got a couple of non-perishable grocery items on the way home. Had a plan for dinner but the power went out shortly after I got home. It came back on within minutes so I decided to get the dinner cooked quickly. I was making Pioneer Woman Thai beef with peppers which is all stove top and quick.

I just got it cooked and the power went off again, this time for an hour. I cleaned up in the dark and when the power returned I finished the clean up and told everyone to hit the toilets! Hubby doesn't get done with work until 7 and then an icy drive home. Praying he gets home safely pretty soon.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats