Author Topic: New Years Eve and Day Foods  (Read 1384 times)

shedrinkzcoffee

New Years Eve and Day Foods
« on: December 29, 2015, 05:34:20 PM »
Does anyone have anything special for meals on these days?

On New Years Eve we usually just have snacky type foods and on New Years Day we usually have pork along with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes.

I am thinking of Hawaiian meatballs, chips and salsa, maybe another type of dip, a small veggie tray and I think I want to try making Butter Beer (not alcoholic :) ) and maybe making some coffee ice cream.  Menu is subject to change though  ;)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: New Years Eve and Day Foods
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 07:11:54 PM »
We also do snacky foods, though they change somewhat from year to year.  The only "for-sure" thing I know I plan to make so far is that hot spinach/artichoke dip.  Will have to think about the rest, soon!

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 11:33:21 AM »
We always do black-eyed peas on New Years Day, usually with ham bits and/or a ham bone.  This year we're meeting our friends out for lunch, so we will do the beans and ham for dinner.

For New Years Eve, it sounds like we're going to go to a party in our neighborhood, but not late or for very long, so I'm hoping we can still break out the deep fryer and make some yummy treats to go with our cheap champagne.  After all that, who knows if we'll make it till midnight ;D!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 11:41:44 AM »
We usually do snacky foods on NYE, too.  I haven't decided what we will have yet.  Doug, Molly and I are seeing the new Star Wars movie in the afternoon.  I better figure out what we are going to have.

I haven't figured out New Year's Day either.  This virus or whatever I have has really knocked me for a loop.  There is plenty of food here so we won't starve.  😊

Denise

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 01:53:29 PM »
Hope you feel better , Denise!! :)