Author Topic: December 31, 2015  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Cathie

December 31, 2015
« on: December 31, 2015, 05:14:29 AM »
Oh I so can't believe it's the end of the year!  I have had a good year but honestly I am so happy to see 2015 leave.
This has been quite a year and a lot has happened and I am praying for no broken bones on any of my children for 2016!!!!!

Today I am home cleaning this morning, then my hubby and I have an appointment with the financial planner - need to get more aggressive with retirement planning although that scares me to death. We went over the budget last night and except groceries he feels all the numbers are good.  He thinks it might be too low but I am going to see if I can make it for January and then evaluate from there.

I am still working on all my other goals - I have decided to break them down by month.  I will post them in the private board.

Jay bought me a new laptop for Christmas and I haven't even set it up yet.  I want an antivirus program and I am wondering what you ladies feel is the best one - I would love all your opinions!

I need to get my food ready or tonight too - fondue bread and veggies, steak bites and I think maybe buffalo chicken dip too.  I have candy as treats and I think I will run to the store and buy really good icecream to have espresso poured over as my dessert  ;)  And I have Rose ice cuvee from Canada already here (It's like champagne but it has ice wine in it ;)  )

Wishing you all the best in 2016!!! :-*

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: December 31, 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 06:07:53 AM »
Hi Cathie,

My daughter had a lot of trouble with viruses on her laptop using a free antivirus. She needed the computer brought in for fixing and they suggested Eset which is about $50 per year but catches almost everything. We have that at work also. I was never one for buying antivirus but now I have changed my mind.

Happy New Year's Eve everyone. I'm working all day since I work in a bank I have all kinds of yearend processing that needs to take place. Hopefully all will go smoothly and then I'll try to get out at 3 pm!  We have nothing planned at home tonight since hubby also works until 8 pm. We probably will just go to bed early like always.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 06:34:22 AM »
Good morning!

Got the dishwasher unloaded and am enjoying my coffee before I have a bit of breakfast and run to Aldi.  Since I didn't plan ahead well for New Year's Eve, we need a few items for our snacky supper. 

Today will mostly be an at-home day for me--good thing 'cause I'm going on a 6-miler New Year's Day hike tomorrow.  :D  Gotta get my work done today so I can play tomorrow.  I have a load of darks to fold that I washed yesterday, some straightening to do, and may take the tree down.  Also some cooking, including finally making that cheesecake, I think.  Earl and the kids are going to a friend's this afternoon to watch the game, so I will have a bit of quiet time to read.  This year, I chose a chronological Bible reading plan and will finish that up today.  Need to figure out what I'm doing for next year.  Also need to return some library books--because they are ILL it's a $1 a day fine so I want to get them in on time.

Also need to call the vet about Sassy--she is still wheezy and congested, despite two rounds of two different antibiotics.  I'm sure that will be more $$$.  But we have to get her well.

Earl is off at 11, just working a half-day today.  He received the good news that Monday will not be charged as  a vacation day because the post was closed due to weather anyway.  He will be off tomorrow for the holiday, and took next Monday off since the kids are off school.  I think we will ALL be hiking that day.  :)

Hope you all have a wonderful day, and close out 2015 on a good note.
Catherine

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 07:14:35 AM »
I have a pretty quiet day planned ahead.  I do need to go to Aldi and maybe Sam's club this morning.  I want to go as early as possible, because the later I wait, the crazier it will be I'm sure.  I considered going yesterday, but I just wasn't feeling it.  Now I don't have the option of waiting!  Just need a few things for today and tomorrow.

We will be watching football for sure!  We are longstanding Michigan State fans, so are looking forward to the game.  Our SC son's girlfriend is a born and raised Clemson fan, so this could be a real test of their relationship if both teams were to end up in the championship! They each have adopted the other's team as their 2nd favorite, so hopefully at least one of them will be happy in the end!! **(go green! go white!)

I really need to take some quiet time to consider my 2016 goals and resolutions!  I feel like I have been saying to myself "I'll think about that later" way too much.  It is time to really think about it!  I also have been telling myself that I need to do some menu planning, so I should get on that as well!  I have been kind of flying by the seat of my pants, because hubby and college son have been a little fickle as of late! (I can blame my procrastination on them, can't I???)  Lately I have been such a sense of discombobulation.  Like I know I have a million things and projects that I need to be doing, but I can't grasp where I need to start, or what I should be doing first.  So, not much has been getting accomplished.

I guess I should pull myself together and get moving.  I need to go over my list and make sure I have everything I need on it and hit the road!  Hopefully son will be up and moving when I get back so he can unload the car for me!!  :)

Hope everyone has a nice day, a fun night and a smooth transition into 2016!!
Bless you all!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 07:20:28 AM »
Cathie, Earl chooses McAfee.

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 10:05:51 AM »
Good morning and Happy New Year's Eve!

This morning I had a FaceTime meeting with my Sign It! collaborator.  We got the vocabulary and sentence translations squared away so later on this afternoon I need to make a tutorial video for those who will be in the shows to study so we're all on the same page as to how to sign words.  Just like voices, ASL has regional accents so some areas will sign something differently and we want to use the most universal signs.  Plus we'll save a lot of time on set if we don't have to discuss how to sign something.

Now I'm cleaning up the kitchen and preparing to take down Christmas.  I'm leaving the tree up for now because I have a photography project I want to do first but everything else is coming down.

Our tree is unique to our family.  All the ornaments are "heirloom" ornaments, starting with mine and Steven's.  My mom started a tradition of giving each of us 4 kids an ornament that represented something significant from that year or something that represented us that year.  I've continued the tradition with my own children.  This year's ornaments were from our family vacation to Colorado (Breckenridge).  I want to take pictures of each ornament and write down the story behind the ornament.  I have an iPhone app called Project Life that lets me slide pictures into pre-designed templates and add pre-designed digital cards that are either for decoration or I can type in journaling.  I've used the app for other scrapbook projects and I love it.  I think I can get this ornament story project done by the end of January.  That's my goal anyway.  I got a good camera for my birthday/Christmas, along with a tripod so I'm excited to see what I can do with it.

Also on the agenda for today:  I bought a whole bunch of sparkling apple cider bottles to give as New Year's neighbor gifts since I was way too busy before Christmas to do Christmas gifts.  I found a cute tag that says Have a Sparkling New Year so I'll cut those out (they're circles), punch holes and use shiny gold and silver ribbon to tie the tags to the bottles, then this afternoon we'll take them around.

Tonight we're going to hang out at home, eat, watch movies and play games.  I don't think Alex and Nathan will last to midnight, so at 8:55 we'll go outside with sparklers, count down to "midnight" (hey, it's midnight SOMEWHERE at 9 pm Mountain time, LOL), wave our sparklers and "ring in the new year" with them.  Then we'll put them to bed and do the same thing again at midnight with Christie and Jordan.

Hope you all have fun celebrations tonight, whatever you are doing!

Merilee

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 12:30:24 PM »
Good morning and Happy New Years Eve to all.

I am moving slowly today.  Just took a couple Advil, had my coffee and some toast.  Today was a big day for me.. I was able to take a shower!   ;D  That no shower for a few days after surgery was icky. 

Today, I am doing some laundry and some light cleaning. I'll get the meatballs in the crockpot for this evening and decide what else we're having.  It won't be too much. I need to get some decluttering done to take to Goodwill and I have a feeling the hubs will get some packing done over the holiday weekend.

Hope everyone has a wonderful New years Eve!

Offline Cathie

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 12:48:51 PM »
[/quote

Thanks Earl! 😬

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2015, 02:05:13 PM »
[/quote

Thanks Earl! 😬

You're welcome!  Apparently, I can't do quotes from my phone without messing them up.   ???

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2015, 03:26:32 PM »
Can we just call it a day and start the new year right now?

This last day of 2015 isn't going so great.  My 11 year old is driving me up the wall with all her pre-teen drama, my cat needs to go back to the vet, and to top it all, I have been pooped on by blackbirds flying over, not once but TWO TIMES!!  >:(  :'(  :o
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 04:34:03 PM »
Can we just call it a day and start the new year right now?

This last day of 2015 isn't going so great.  My 11 year old is driving me up the wall with all her pre-teen drama, my cat needs to go back to the vet, and to top it all, I have been pooped on by blackbirds flying over, not once but TWO TIMES!!  >:(  :'(  :o

Oh my!  I hope the new year starts off wonderfully for you, Cheryl!

Offline Rooney

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2015, 04:46:09 PM »
So sorry, Cheryl! :P  In this part of the country we have a saying.  "Some days ya step in it, some days ya don't."  You rarely "step in it" two days in a row, so......tomorrow should be better for you! ;)

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015, 07:10:43 PM »
So sorry, Cheryl! :P  In this part of the country we have a saying.  "Some days ya step in it, some days ya don't."  You rarely "step in it" two days in a row, so......tomorrow should be better for you! ;)

hahaha

Offline Cathie

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2016, 06:49:49 AM »

Hahahhahahhaa

Cheryl - it's very good luck in Italy and twice man that is super good luck!!!  ;D