Author Topic: For fun, what is your....  (Read 6977 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

For fun, what is your....
« on: December 31, 2015, 06:39:00 AM »
something new you want to learn in the New Year?

We may be nuts, but Earl and I have enjoyed watching our girls clog (two of them now), and we decided to join the adult class and learn ourselves.  Earl is a natural when it comes to dancing, and I am quite the klutz, but am hoping my hiking will have helped me improve a bit in balance and coordination.  And, if we love it, it will be nice to have a form of indoor exercise to especially during hot months or on cold days that are too icy to hike.

The clogging style done here is a blend of Irish Step, Canadian Step, and good old Appalachian dancing.

Offline pamgonzo

Re: For fun, what is your....
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 06:53:45 AM »
That sounds fun Catherine!

I think for me, I want to learn how to use my camera better.  I have a nice camera, and I can take good photos on the auto setting and on the sports setting, but I would like to learn how to use some of the manual settings.  I have skimmed info on-line in the past, but I really need to dig in and experiment a little.

Considering taking a class to really get the hang of it.

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 08:55:19 AM »
I would like to learn how to knit color work (fair isle, etc).

Fun thread!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Cathie

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 11:04:22 AM »

We may be nuts, but Earl and I have enjoyed watching our girls clog (two of them now), and we decided to join the adult class and learn ourselves.  Earl is a natural when it comes to dancing, and I am quite the klutz, but am hoping my hiking will have helped me improve a bit in balance and coordination.  And, if we love it, it will be nice to have a form of indoor exercise to especially during hot months or on cold days that are too icy to hike.

The clogging style done here is a blend of Irish Step, Canadian Step, and good old Appalachian dancing.

That is so friggin awesome!!!!

I took highland dancing growing up. You are going to have awesome legs mama!!

Offline Cathie

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 11:05:22 AM »
That sounds fun Catherine!

I think for me, I want to learn how to use my camera better.  I have a nice camera, and I can take good photos on the auto setting and on the sports setting, but I would like to learn how to use some of the manual settings.  I have skimmed info on-line in the past, but I really need to dig in and experiment a little.

Considering taking a class to really get the hang of it.

Pam

What an awesome one Pam!
I would love that too!

Offline Cathie

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 11:06:04 AM »
I would like to learn how to knit color work (fair isle, etc).

Fun thread!

Mandy

That is so awesome Mandy. 
Love to see your work!

Offline Cathie

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 11:30:14 AM »
I'd like to do A LOT this year  ;)

January:
Yoga - I'm working on getting back into a yoga schedule - I'm starting with beginners I'm way way way off lately
Walking - I'm plan on walking 30 minutes -  1 hour everyday
French - I use to be so good at speaking French. My plan is to work on my audio CDs 4 days a week
Vacation - I'm going on vacation in January and I need to get back in a health plan. If love to say oh I'm gonna loose 50 pounds but more realistic I don't want to be flabby.  😂😂😂 I want to be healthy and happy a could care less about a number anymore. I have been very discouraged with the weight number and get so very frustrated because it doesn't go down so mentally I need a new plan.

I will be breaking this down by month and report on how I'm doing 😬

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 12:00:48 PM »
I am going to go with the same thing I have said for a few years and have not done.  I want to learn to knit or crochet.  I'm not sure why I haven't followed through with it... probably a combination of busy and lazy, lol.

Once we get moved, I really want to learn more about having a good and productive garden as well as learning more about composting and sustainability.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2015, 12:34:43 PM »

Oh good!  They need some toning.   :D

That is so friggin awesome!!!!

I took highland dancing growing up. You are going to have awesome legs mama!!

Offline Cathie

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2015, 12:48:11 PM »
Hahahahahha Cath!

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 02:04:23 PM »
I'd like to do A LOT this year  ;)

January:
Yoga - I'm working on getting back into a yoga schedule - I'm starting with beginners I'm way way way off lately
Walking - I'm plan on walking 30 minutes -  1 hour everyday
French - I use to be so good at speaking French. My plan is to work on my audio CDs 4 days a week
Vacation - I'm going on vacation in January and I need to get back in a health plan. If love to say oh I'm gonna loose 50 pounds but more realistic I don't want to be flabby.  😂😂😂 I want to be healthy and happy a could care less about a number anymore. I have been very discouraged with the weight number and get so very frustrated because it doesn't go down so mentally I need a new plan.

I will be breaking this down by month and report on how I'm doing 😬

Goodness!  You will need that vacation to rest up from all you've learned!  Sounds like a great plan, though.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2016, 05:54:47 PM »
Cathie and Erica - Why don't you two come for a visit?  I'll teach you how to knit AND you can go to my yoga class?  Plus, you know, wine ;D.

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 06:18:10 PM »
Cathie and Erica - Why don't you two come for a visit?  I'll teach you how to knit AND you can go to my yoga class?  Plus, you know, wine ;D.

Mandy

No gallbladder means that I can drink wine again!  WOOT WOOT  8)

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2016, 01:25:17 AM »
Where are you moving Erica?

I have had a really nice Nikon camera sitting here for a few years now. Takes great pics but after 3 or 4 I get fuzzy ones for some reason. My friend that is great with pics said to just keep practicing with it so that's what I'd like to do too. Actually use my good camera lol
Laurie
Many hands make light work

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2016, 01:02:00 PM »
Where are you moving Erica?

I have had a really nice Nikon camera sitting here for a few years now. Takes great pics but after 3 or 4 I get fuzzy ones for some reason. My friend that is great with pics said to just keep practicing with it so that's what I'd like to do too. Actually use my good camera lol

Laurie.. we bought a home here.   :)