Author Topic: Finding light in dark times  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
Finding light in dark times
« on: September 17, 2013, 01:34:25 PM »
I was reading a blog I just barely found this afternoon and this post here stood out to me. 

http://makingahome-pa.blogspot.com/search/label/anxiety%3B%20depression

I have suffered with depression nearly my entire life.  It's been worse since I became an adult, much worse.  I've added anxiety since becoming an adult as well.  Because of this, this post really spoke to me.  I'd like to highlight a scripture reference she made:

1 Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Psalm 144:1-2

I cross referenced it to this:

32 For who is God, save the Lord? and who is a rock, save our God?

33 God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.

34 He maketh my feet like hinds’ feet: and setteth me upon my high places.

35 He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.

36 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy gentleness hath made me great.

2 Samuel 22:32-36

I had never thought that maybe this trial I've had for most of my life might be preparing me for something, a way to see light even in dark times or a way to learn how to put trust in the Lord when everything feels impossible.  And maybe it's not for me; it could be another lesson entirely.  This is something I will be praying about and listening for over the next few days.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 01:03:44 PM by Shelly »
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline fishermanwife

Re: Finding light in dark times
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 12:22:08 PM »
Thank you I will be reading this, I will also send my prayers to you, I suffer from depression and anxiety and it has gotten much worse with age and having children who I worry about.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.