Author Topic: Sunday, January 3rd, 2016  (Read 1525 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Sunday, January 3rd, 2016
« on: January 03, 2016, 06:13:34 AM »
Good morning!

Woke up way too early and eventually decided to just go ahead and get up.  Had a headache and hoped my coffee would help.  My old lady cat Tabitha (16) likes to sleep right on top of me and makes growly sounds when I move.  I'd like to think she loves me but she probably just loves the warmth, haha.  Anyway, she followed me out here and is lying on my legs now that I'm on the couch/ottoman.

It will be good to have church this morning.  Last week was cancelled due to the ice storm.  Maddy's "friend" is coming home with us after church and I will take him and Maddy hiking after we eat dinner.  She is not allowed to date till she's 16, but we are experimenting with letting them do some activities if a parent or other approved adult is along.  He's a nice kid, also previously-homeschooled (in fact, he was in the science classes I taught and his mom was my helper one semester), and now attends the same school as Maddy.

Earl and I spent a little time yesterday evening doing some talking about and measuring out in the back yard.  Trying to figure what all we want to accomplish this year in expanding the garden, making it more pleasant a place to hang out in, etc... .  We're also considering changing over to all ducks rather than having some chickens.

Well, better get a move on.  Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

Catherine

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
Re: Sunday, January 3rd, 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 08:29:43 AM »
Good Morning!

Catherine: Remind me again how old Maddy is now?  15?  Glad she's found a nice kid with whom you are familiar!

Nothing major on tap for today.  Jean had a late gig last night and is finishing up a client's backsplash today, so he stayed in town last night and will come home tonight.  In the meantime, today I would like to:

*Put away one folded load of laundry
*Start another load
*Continue decluttering!  I'm thinking one of the bathrooms or my shoes
*Go over the master bathroom
*Read

Dinner tonight is steak and egg over homemade noodles...if I can be bothered to make the noodles ;D.

Have a wonderful Sunday, ladies!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 09:14:21 AM »
Good Morning!

Catherine: Remind me again how old Maddy is now?  15?  Glad she's found a nice kid with whom you are familiar!

Nothing major on tap for today.  Jean had a late gig last night and is finishing up a client's backsplash today, so he stayed in town last night and will come home tonight.  In the meantime, today I would like to:

*Put away one folded load of laundry
*Start another load
*Continue decluttering!  I'm thinking one of the bathrooms or my shoes
*Go over the master bathroom
*Read

Dinner tonight is steak and egg over homemade noodles...if I can be bothered to make the noodles ;D.

Have a wonderful Sunday, ladies!

Mandy :)

Yep, 15!  Where does time go?  She can get her learner's permit in March.   :o

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 09:56:56 AM »
I am trying out the new air fryer I got for Christmas and so far I love it.  Today I'm frying chicken thighs in it and they're coming out crispy on the outside and just about perfect.  We were supposed to have them for supper but I guess it'll be our lunch. 

Later I'd like to see if I can pare down the amount of clothes in my closet.  I did this last spring, but I'm sure I can find more that I hardly wear and just get rid of them.  Someday I hope to have only the things I truly like left in this house. :D. To get to that point I can see that I really need to stop the unwanted stuff from creeping back in. 

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 10:58:05 AM »
Happy Sunday to all of you ladies!!

We went to church early. 8:30 Mass, so we could get a lot of things done today.  Hubby and son stayed to help my brother in law with an Epiphany event.  It is a luncheon, and since I am trying desperately to get back to my "safe" weight watchers weight, I chose to come on home and do some things I need to get done.

First, I stopped at the dollar store to grab a few things.  My son is headed back to his apartment tomorrow afternoon.  He has a neurologist appointment in the morning, or he would have left by now!  (He has epilepsy, but it is controlled by medication.  Since he has turned 18 -- *19 now, he can't go to the pediatric neurologist anymore. So this is just a check in and meet the new Dr who will be handling his case now.)
Anywho -- He requested I make a couple of treats for him to take back with him to share with his girlfriend.  Scotcharoos and peanut butter crackers covered in chocolate. (He calls them girl scout cookies). I needed a couple of containers to send back with him that I wouldn't need back. Grabbed him some toothpaste and a couple of other things he could use.

Later this afternoon we will take a trip to Aldi to load him up on groceries.  He should be good for at least a couple of weeks then.  He doesn't go back to school until the 11th, but I think he has had enough "family" time, and is ready to have some time on his own!  :)
He will probably be out the door as soon as the appointment is done! 

I am working on some laundry today, and might see if hubby wants to go downtown to the skywalk to get a walk in.  Otherwise, I might just go on my own.  I could go to the gym with him, but the treadmill just bores me to to tears, and I have such a hard time going for very long!! 

Hope everyone has a nice relaxing day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 12:58:01 PM »
Good morning and Happy Sunday!

I am having some coffee and watching our church service online.  I am still sore and wanting to hibernate a bit so I am glad that they stream the service.  The hubs is taking things off the walls and getting them patched up and touch up painted for our move out and to make it pretty for the next tenant, whoever that may be.

I have some laundry going and I am going to work on packing up some things after the service.  Not sure what I will work on bu I am leaning towards the master bathroom or the bookshelves.. maybe both, depending on my energy level.  Can't wait to be completely healed and back to my normal energy level.  I am missing the gym too.  So anyway, those are the big plans for the day. 

We start back with school tomorrow. We will work on Bible, Math and Science and get our planners organized and paperwork caught up.  I've only had a few weeks off to do that and haven't done it.  In my defense.. we were out of town and have had a lot going on.  How's that for justification???   8) :o

Good news is that our Language and History classes that are on Monday and Wednesday don't pick back up until Wednesday.  I am glad that we don't have to jump back in to everything on a Monday, lol.

Catherine - eeeekkkkkk!  a "friend" for Maddy!  Doesn't seem possible!  Brandon is 16 now but he is "terrified" of girls, lol.

Mandy - steak and eggs are good... forget the trouble of the noodles  ;)

Cheryl - I was wondering how the air fryer works.  Sounds like it may be something good to look in to.

Pam - enjoy your morning with your boy.  So sweet of you to make treats for him to take back.

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 01:07:12 PM »
Good afternoon ladies  :)

So far today I have bathed the dog and washed by hand my sons backpack. It's hanging to dry but he doesn't need it for a bit yet.

Mandy I'm into the decluttering now too. Going through all my christmas decorations as I was putting things away and getting rid of what I don't use or want anymore. Only 2 boxes left to go through and I'll be done. Everything else is all back on the shelf too. I'm really looking at things now that if they don't bring me joy I don't need them in my house. I'm liking simple  :)

Maybe we should start a thread on decluttering where we can post our progress, what do you think Mandy..... ladies?

I'm back to work tomorrow and so dreading it. Wish I could stay home all the time but that will never happen since I'm the head of the house here lol.

Hope you all have a great Sunday!!
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 02:09:25 PM »
Good afternoon ladies  :)

So far today I have bathed the dog and washed by hand my sons backpack. It's hanging to dry but he doesn't need it for a bit yet.

Mandy I'm into the decluttering now too. Going through all my christmas decorations as I was putting things away and getting rid of what I don't use or want anymore. Only 2 boxes left to go through and I'll be done. Everything else is all back on the shelf too. I'm really looking at things now that if they don't bring me joy I don't need them in my house. I'm liking simple  :)

Maybe we should start a thread on decluttering where we can post our progress, what do you think Mandy..... ladies?

I'm back to work tomorrow and so dreading it. Wish I could stay home all the time but that will never happen since I'm the head of the house here lol.

Hope you all have a great Sunday!!

I'm all for it.  Great idea!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 03:33:36 PM »
I'll go start one for this month.  I like things like this as a monthly thread so they are easier to keep up with.. hope thats ok.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 04:47:10 PM »
I'll go start one for this month.  I like things like this as a monthly thread so they are easier to keep up with.. hope thats ok.
Yay!  I am SO in for this one! :)