Author Topic: Saturday, January 2nd, 2016  (Read 1124 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Saturday, January 2nd, 2016
« on: January 02, 2016, 06:14:38 AM »
Seems weird to be typing 2016!

Good morning!  Up, dressed, and have my coffee fixed.  Enjoying the Christmas tree lights one last morning as I think we'll get it taken down today.  We plan to blitz the house this morning, once everyone is up and moving.  It needs after having so many of us home most of the time for over 2 weeks, then all the wet slushy stuff causing the dogs to track in footprints.

Yesterday was great, perfect way to begin a New Year.  Our easy (on a trail) 6 mile hike was good exercise and a lot of fun.  And I had to chuckle to myself remembering the first time I did that, almost 2.5 years ago now...it felt SO hard then.  I'm thankful to be seeing improvement.  Also, a gal I rarely hike with (she is super fast and not scared of much) was hiking with us yesterday and told me I've come a long way since the first time she hiked with me...that meant a lot.  I think maybe she has somewhat avoided hiking with me because of knowing how slow and scared I was, so maybe this will open up the opportunity to hike with her more this year.

Well, guess I will drink that coffee before it's cold.  Have a great weekend!
Catherine

Offline Cheryl

Re: Saturday, January 2nd, 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 06:27:01 AM »
Catherine, it sounds like you have a lot of fun hiking and see some beautiful sights. 

Well, I'm up, have had my coffee and breakfast, so now it's time to get a shower.  My house could use a little work today too.  The question is will I find the motivation to do it?  Hopefully. ;)

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 10:14:21 AM »
Good morning,

I did have to buy new rugs for my kitchen yesterday. I had been noticing for a while that the rubber backing had lost its grip and they were moving all over the floor. I didn't want any of us nor my parents to slip and end up with a broken hip, leg, ankle, etc. So when hubby mentioned it yesterday I knew it was the day to address the issue. I really wanted to spend less but on the first day of the new year I had to spend money  >:(. Today I went through the pantry with all the baking items. I have two small pantry's--one for baking and cooking close to the stove and one closer to the dining area with canned goods and cereals. I went through the baking one and there was nothing in there that was questionable and nothing that had to be thrown out.

I did decide to make some bread, gluten free cookies, pea soup and green bean casserole. I'm taking the beans to a late Christmas party this afternoon but the rest is for the family. Tomorrow I'm baking a pork roast for dinner so that is thawing.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 01:23:58 PM »
Well, good late afternoon ladies!

Sounds like you had an amazing time hiking Catherine!  Good for you! I would love to get out and walk, but I don't do outdoor walking in the cold temps we are having.  It is just not enjoyable!

I have been trying to get myself organized today.  Making lots of lists! To do's, menus, goals and the like.  I feel like I may have more of a handle on what I want to do this year.  I also got all the birthdays put on my new 2016 calendar and got that put up on in the kitchen.

Hubby and son went to the movies.  Went to see "Concussion".  Something I didn't really care to see, so I opted for a quiet afternoon at home!  It has been really nice.

I made a large batch of taco seasoning as well.  I was getting low, so figured I have been needing to get that done.  It would be more like me to wait until I was all out and then go to use it and get frustrated with myself!  So, that is taken care of.

Not much else happening here in my world.  Trying to get back on a better eating plan for myself as well.  I have been monitoring my weight for the past week, and I really need to reign it in and focus on eating more healthfully.  Having kids home has been part of the challenge.  I have been making them some of their favorites, and that is not helpful to me in the least!!

Hope everyone has a great rest of your day and evening!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 02:54:37 PM »
I understand,  Pam.  If it gets below the 20's I won't be out there, either.  Fortunately, yesterday morning was 30's and probably 40 by the time we finished.

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 03:23:52 PM »
Good afternoon.

I am taking a quick break from some decluttering.  I have some things to take to Goodwill soon and want to get some more ready.  May as well make it worth the trip.  Starbucks is by the donation center too so I think I will use my gift cards and get a treat.

I left the house for the first time today since Tuesday, lol.  I ran to TJ Maxx for hairspray (an't beat their prices for a hairspray that doesn't leave icky residue), to Kohls to exchange a pair of leggings that I got that had a hole in the leg (they didn't have my size so  just returned them), and to Target to get some things with gift cards. 

Dinner this evening is up in the air... better get that planned as well as the dinner menu for the week.  I was planning breakfast, lunches and dinners and that is just too much.  If I can just get dinners planned, I will be happy.