Author Topic: Monday, January 4  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Cheryl

Monday, January 4
« on: January 04, 2016, 03:48:45 AM »
Good morning!

I'm up early to have my coffee before getting a shower.  I have to take Lily, my cat, back to the vet today and I'd like to get that done as soon as they open.  After that I will get Emily started on her school work while I get some work done in the house.  I want to box up some more things to drop off at the thrift store the next time we head in that direction.

Supper tonight is easy - hotdogs and baked beans.  I'm still cleaning out my freezer and meal planning around what we have instead of buying more. 

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline sbdriver

Re: Monday, January 4
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 06:50:20 AM »
Uuuggggg first day back to work so was up at 6. Always fun especially when the kids are coming back off a 2 week sugar high.

Also back to walking to and from work. Had the car for almost 2 months so I could drive my daughter and son, things she usually does before she got hurt.

Not that I feel like it now but once back home want to do some of my decluttering today. Aiming for an area in my home each day till it's done.

Hope you all have a great one!!
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 07:00:34 AM »
Good Morning Cheryl Laurie and all who follow!
Hope the vet visit is a quick, easy and inexpensive one for you today, Cheryl!
Laurie: I'm sure you will get right back into the swing of things!!

I have a low key day planned.  Have to take son to neurologist, so that is the only reason I will be leaving the house today.  His appointment is at 11, and I figure will probably be done fairly quickly.  It's usually akin to a roadside drunk driving test. -- "close your eyes & touch your finger to your nose" and  such.  We do have to talk to the Dr about switching his meds.  He recently switched to one that he only has to take once a day instead of twice a day.  Turns out that this med is almost 3x the cost of the twice a day med. Yikes!!  So instead of paying out of pocket around $140 for 3 months we paid something like $447 for 3 months.  It's the same medication with just convenience. I talked to him, and he said heck no, switch back!  We have about 2 months worth here and had refilled it on 12/31, so he won't need a new prescription for a few months anyway.  Had they told us the price diff, we would have never switched him over in the first place!!

Once we get back, Zane will be packing up and heading back to his apartment.  Our nest will be empty again.  I'm sure it will seem really quiet for a while and will be something to get used to.  Our middle son talked about moving back home to save money, but he is kind of waffling about that now.  I am going to work on re-organizing and painting the room he would move into if he did decide to come back.  It needs to be done anyway, so no time like the present! 

I need to get our laundry done.  Only 2 or 3 loads.  I did son's yesterday, but I kept his separate so it would be easier to sort. I washed his comforter that he brought home as well, so that is good.

Well, I had better get going and pull myself together!
Hope everyone has a great day!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 10:26:15 AM »
Good Morning!

Early day for us, too.  After getting Jean all set up and on the road I went back to bed and watched the news on the iPad for a bit before getting up for good.  I hit the gym before my yoga class, then stopped by the grocery store for produce on the way home. 

Left to take care of today:
*Laundry
*Make bed
*Go over both bathrooms
*NSA work
*Empty/reload dishwasher

Dinner tonight is orange chicken (errr...turkey) meatballs over rice with salad.  Jean is finishing up his job in a bit and heading to pick up the flooring for our basement (Woooo! It's getting there!), so dinner won't be too late.

Have a great day!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 11:53:51 AM »
Well made it to the bus and see an ambulance pulling into our bus yard. One driver didn't have a good start to his day and New Year...... slipped and broke his ankle.

Both loads of my kids loaded on sugar from the last 2 weeks.... need I say more  :o  :o  :o
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 12:52:44 PM »
Good afternoon everyone!  All of you are so busy today!

We are about to head out to pick up our Azure order for the month here in an hour or so.  Also need to run by the organic market, Schnucks for my smoothie yogurt, and then Walmart.  Forgot to clean out the refrigerators so will have to do that before we fill them up, but on the plus side been eating from freezers so they are pretty clean already.  Tonight need to figure out Vitacost and Amazon order for everything else household-wise for the month, so I can get that finished tomorrow. 

Dinner tonight will be something super easy.

Have a great day!

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 01:29:24 PM »
Good afternoon, ladies.

Its been a pretty busy morning.  Probably would have been less hectic if I would have gotten up earlier but we made it through the morning. 

First day back with school for us and it was challenging for my youngest but he got through what he needed to do.  He's back to swim team practices today.  With our vacation and then Christmas break, he has had a month off.  He's not too excited about that either but I am sure he will be fine once he gets there and sees his friends. 

I ran a few things to Goodwill this morning and ran to the store for a couple things and I am staying home the rest of the day.  I want to get some things packed and come cleaning done.  Still get wore out easily which is a drag. Post op is Thursday.

The owners of our home live 4 hours away and a potential renter wants to see the home on Thursday morning and we have agreed to show it for them.  They have several prospects but this one is the most promising for them so we want to make sure that they can see it and that its clean and pretty.  Kinda hard to do with packing and boxes and I am sure they are going to understand.. we were when we looked at the house and it was fine.  Stressful though, for sure!

Dinner is in the crockpot... chicken bacon crockpot chowder.  I'll probably make a salad to go with it and maybe some biscuits too.

Happy Monday!

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 02:18:14 PM »
Thanks for the reminder Erica! -- I need to make a salad to go with dinner here! 
We are doing a baked potato bar of sorts.  We have homemade refried beans leftover, so we will use those, black beans, corn, cheese, and such.  But I wanted to make a salad to supplement.
Hubby sometimes feels like this type of dinner isn't enough.  He says he wants to give up meat for Lent in Feb.  :o  So, I am trying to come up with some non meat meals and incorporate them into our menu so he isn't struggling come the time!  (such problems, eh???)

Son's Dr's appointment was good. I like this new neurologist.  He is the chief of the department at the local hospital, with a specialty in epilepsy, so I feel confident in his opinion.  Long appointment because he is a new patient, but we should be good for a year.  Yay! 

Back to an empty empty empty nest now since son left about 15 minutes after we returned from his appointment!  He hadn't seen his girlfriend since Dec. 22nd, so I think he was wanting to get back to spend time with her before they start their next semester next week.

Have a good evening!  Watching last night's episode of Downton Abbey that we have recorded tonight.  Looking forward to it!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25