Author Topic: Vacations and car rental  (Read 2776 times)

Offline fishermanwife

Vacations and car rental
« on: January 03, 2016, 12:17:49 PM »
Has anyone stayed at a hotel/indoor waterpark that is between oklahoma and the minnesota/Wisconsin area.  We might stay at the Grand Country Resort in Branson but I'm seeing mixed reviews about it. There seems to be nicer but more expensive indoor water parks up north probably bc it's colder longer.  If we go farther than branson I would prefer to rent a car to not put more stress on ours and so far Budget car rental is looking to be best price wise, has anyone used them?
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

shedrinkzcoffee

Re: Vacations and car rental
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 12:21:37 PM »
is the one you are asking about a Great Wolf Lodge?

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 12:28:58 PM »
Grand country isnt. Is Great wolf in Kansas? I looked at their site, they seem kinda pricey is it worth it?
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 01:00:22 PM »
I have only heard wonderful things about Great Wolf. 

We use Budget when we need to rent a car and have been pleased with them.

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 01:13:03 PM »
One of the ladies on here has stayed at Great Wolf have they not? Catherine maybe?
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 02:34:39 PM »
So my Bil and Sil sold their house and have to move asap, so we had to change plans. I think I'm more excited now though than before! We are going to go stay hopefully with them or a hotel where they live in Minnesota woohoo. I have never been and it's going to be great to just hang out for a whole week. Now I'm shopping for snow boots and gloves bc we have had a really mild winter so far but the kids are really hopi g to go ice fishing.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 02:56:44 PM »
We have used Alamo for car rental.  And yes, we went to Great Wolf in Grapevine, down near Dallas.  Loads of fun.  The hotel food is pricy but you have a fridge, microwave, and kitchen sink area in your room so it's easy to take your own foods and save that way.