Author Topic: Early Start  (Read 11212 times)

Offline sbdriver

Re: Early Start
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 05:01:26 PM »
I'd so be there if I lived closer  :)

Mandy you should take a pic now then we can see the during construction and the finished project at the end.
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2016, 10:45:03 AM »
I will do my best, but at the moment I can't even get down the stairs - they're half gone so Jean can replace the drywall (attachment)!

Mandy

Edited: The first photo was HUGE!  I've resized it :)

Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2016, 11:06:15 AM »
Hey I need one of those ladders to paint my stairwell  ;D
Laurie

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2016, 11:22:10 AM »
Hey I need one of those ladders to paint my stairwell  ;D

We just bought one of those "little" Giant ladders at Costco.  Kinda pricey but very versatile!

Offline Cathie

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2016, 08:36:57 AM »
Mandy -

Bar items is an awesome idea!
Perhaps some items that make it look like an Irish pub? Drink book? Pub food cook book? Irish alcohol?

The whole basement is designed after an irish cottage - dark woods, stone, earth tones, fireplace, lots of books...very cozy all around :)

And yes, I decided to go with bar items, and I bought the first one today!  Woohoo!  I was browsing around Target and they had a bunch of bar gifts on clearance, so I bought one of those ice molds that makes the big, round ice balls for whiskey.  It's Sharper Image brand, and makes two of the ice balls (2.5" diameter each) for less than $7.  I'll take it!

Mandy

NICE!!

I can't wait to see pictures :-*

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2016, 12:37:31 PM »
Erica I have been putting off painting my stairwell for a few months now. Last time I did it, in order to reach the top I had to tape my paint brush to an extended pole and VERY carefully do my cutting in. Takes forever as you can imagine lol. I may have to check into one of those ladders, could be worth it's weight in gold  ;)
Laurie

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2016, 12:39:14 PM »
Mandy if you post pics, Cathy and I can pick out where we'd like to have our spots to sit for when we come to visit  ;D  ;D

I'll take the bigger spot so my Grimm can sit with me  :o  :o
Laurie

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2016, 10:58:37 AM »
Mandy if you post pics, Cathy and I can pick out where we'd like to have our spots to sit for when we come to visit  ;D  ;D

I'll take the bigger spot so my Grimm can sit with me  :o  :o

We bought a couch with a chaise, and the whole thing becomes a queen bed, so there should be plenty of room for all!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2016, 11:13:18 AM »
Oh yay, keep my spot warm Grimm  ;D  ;D
Laurie

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2016, 10:52:36 AM »
I have an idea for my 3 kids for next christmas. I'd like to do a personalized calendar for each of them with appropriate pics each month and hopefully all bdays etc marked on the pages.

Do any of you know is this something I could do on the computer or do I need to go to a photo place to get this done?
Laurie

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2016, 11:35:24 AM »
I have an idea for my 3 kids for next christmas. I'd like to do a personalized calendar for each of them with appropriate pics each month and hopefully all bdays etc marked on the pages.

Do any of you know is this something I could do on the computer or do I need to go to a photo place to get this done?

I think a website like Shutterfly would be your best bet.  It will be cheap, easy, and high-quality.  Search around for promo codes or sign up for their emails as well, as they are ALWAYS sending out deals and discounts.

Mandy

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2016, 01:55:17 PM »
Thanks Mandy! I'll look them up and see what we can do. I'm not too techno savvy  ??? lol
Laurie

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2016, 03:06:22 PM »
Laurie:
I did a calendar like this on Vista Print. It was quite simple, and had ways to add birthdays etc. on dates.  It was quick.

www.vistaprint.com 

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2016, 05:47:00 PM »
Thanks Pam, I'll check this one out too  :)
Laurie

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2016, 10:26:14 AM »
Alana is starting to wear the scarves more since she has lots of business meetings etc.

I saw when that was given as a gift at xmas that was made by an elderly lady that I know. As soon as I saw it I knew Alana would love it. Have already given her some money for the yarn and her labor to get it started. The yarn arrived the other day and another one of my xmas gifts is being made as I speak lol
Laurie