Author Topic: Tuesday, January 5th, 2016  (Read 1676 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Tuesday, January 5th, 2016
« on: January 05, 2016, 06:19:47 AM »
Good morning!

Just started the van to warm it up...have to take Maddy to school in about 5 minutes.  Back to school today for all the kids, and I'll help in Micah's classroom this morning instead of Thursday as we have plans for Thursday.  I have pretty much been awake between 5:30 and 6 for all of the break, but it was kind of nice with most of the kids sleeping in the other days.  ;)

In sad news, our little Atlas rat passed away last night.  She didn't look good yesterday evening, but the vet was closed, and she didn't make it through the night.  I am thankful she didn't have an extended illness as Alice did.  We are down to sweet little Minnie, who has three mammary tumors.  With her being so old, we're debating whether to have them removed or not.  It's quite expensive. 

Expecting a call from Animal Control today for our annual chicken coop inspection.  I went in last Thursday but, with the holiday weekend/Friday, figured it would be this week.  Hoping today as I plan to hike tomorrow.

Dinner tonight will be some shredded chicken that's already made, served with BBQ sauce and with buns for the gluten eaters.  Maybe a veggie tray as a side.  Girls and I have AHG tonight so need to eat early.

Have a great Tuesday!
Catherine

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, January 5th, 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 09:32:03 AM »
Good Morning! (still for a little bit here!)

Catherine sorry to hear about your dear pet.  Sounds like you have a busy day.

I am kind of on slow mode today for some reason!  I think because I don't have anything I "have" to do, so I may be floundering a little because of it.  In spite of that, I have started laundry.  Maybe 3 loads to get it done today. 

Lasagna Soup is started in the crockpot.  Will add noodles and maybe some fresh spinach closer to serving time.  Likely a late dinner tonight.  Hubby has a busy day, and will be later getting home. 

I am sorting out and organizing my 2016 "bucket/goals list"  -- maybe I will have this in some sort of semblance by 2017!!  LOL!
I like to pull it all together and make an attractive listing that I can check back on frequently.

I got a couple of books for Christmas, so I am thinking about delving into one of those.

All is quiet here, and it is actually kind of beautiful!  I need to put on a walking video/dvd and get some movement in. 

Hope everyone has a great day!  The sun is shining here, but wow is it cold!! 
Pam 
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 09:58:54 AM »
Morning (still morning here for seven more minutes!)!

I've been to the gym, had my breakfast, and blown the leaves off of the porch, and that may be as productive as I get today ;D.  It is super cold outside (for this area), so I just feel like curling up under our heated blanket on the couch and reading or watching TV.  One of these days I'm going to do that one load of my laundry I keep talking about, but we'll see if today is that day!

Dinner tonight is a new-to-me recipe, Bang Bang Cauliflower (http://kirbiecravings.com/2015/01/bang-bang-cauliflower.html).

Have a great day!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 11:42:02 AM »
Thanks for reminding me to get back downstairs and switching over the laundry Mandy!!

Please let us know how the cauliflower turns out, and if it is hearty enough to stand alone as an entree. 
Like I have mentioned before, hubby is wanting to give up meat for lent, so I am now on the hunt for meat free meals so I don't get super frustrated come Feb/March!!

Stay cozy!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 12:55:19 PM »
Good morning! (there is still 10 minutes left of it here  ;)  )

I have showered, made breakfast, got the dishwasher going and did some school with the kids that is all together and requires mom participation (music appreciation) and now I am sitting here with my coffee and deciding what's next. 

My new planner got here yesterday and I really want to sit down with it BUT someone is coming to see the house on Thursday (we are showing it for the owners who live 4 ours away) and I need to do some cleaning. We have language and history class tomorrow as well as swimming and youth group for Trev so I'll be gone most of the day on Wednesday so I think I need to knock out as much as I can.  I think I'll start with the hall bathroom and then take a break to play with my planner and then do something else.. kind of a mom reward system.

Its been raining here for 2 days with no end in site and the sliding door to the backyard is getting gross... not sure why it gets so dirty when it rains but I absolutely need to clean it.  I also just told Trevor to get his room clean today since he will be gone most of the day tomorrow and he is working on that.  I'll have him vacuum his room when he's done. 

I don't know what we're having for dinner tonight (but I know what we're having tomorrow.. that's helpful, huh.. lol)  I am thinking of hamburgers or salisbury steak, broccoli and rice. 

Happy Tuesday!

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 02:01:21 PM »
Good afternoon ladies.

Made a run to the thrift store today and dropped off what I had ready to go from the house. Out of site now so out of mind lol. Had other errands to run so won't get to declutter something till after work today.

Turning cold here again and they are calling for snow tomorrow.

Picked up a book I put on hold the other day at the library too. Can't wait to start reading it, looks really interesting!

K gotta run and get to work. Enjoy the rest of your day  :)
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline Linda G.

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 02:40:02 PM »
Hi Ladies,  not much going on here today... have worked on my coupons and i am trying to introduce a stray cat in to the household...  Will be going this evening to get my hair cut and colored.. i sure need it... Gary is working tonight, and Nick will be at his Girlfriends home... Have a wonderful evening.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 03:15:40 PM »
Hi Ladies,  not much going on here today... have worked on my coupons and i am trying to introduce a stray cat in to the household...  Will be going this evening to get my hair cut and colored.. i sure need it... Gary is working tonight, and Nick will be at his Girlfriends home... Have a wonderful evening.

Hi Linda, good to see you on.  :)

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 03:33:01 PM »
Hi Linda!!!!

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 05:14:39 PM »
Yay Sis you made it!!!!  :)  :)  :)
Laurie
Many hands make light work