Author Topic: Poll: Are you a night person or morning person?  (Read 5693 times)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Re: Poll: Are you a night person or morning person?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 04:24:54 PM »
Leah,

I remember when you were cranking out quilts like crazy. I would see them on your blog and be in awe of them. LOL I first 'met' you on another board. I think it was called Prairie Homemaker. Just hang in there. Your kids will get more independent as they get older. That will free up a bit of time for you. Of course, then you will be in the soccer/football/ basketball practices or music lessons. LOL You will get there, though.  ;D

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline hen41500

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 07:38:19 AM »
There are 6 in our family. 3 of us LOVE morning time and 3 of us (hubby included) like to stay up at night. We have what we call "late nights" for our kids. Since there are 4 of them, they have all chosen a night of the week to stay up 45 mins past their bedtime to spend time with mom and dad. We do the "thing" of their choice (build with lego's, play a board game,eat a special snack and talk)...It is trickier during the school year but we are making it! This has MADE me stay up a little later than I naturally would like but I'm growing. Also I have been able to spend time with hubby in the garage or on a project he is working on in the house b/c I'm getting used to it. I love the mornings, the QUIET, the dew,the freshness in the air and always have but I have learned that I can be" a night-owl wanna be" and still have enough get up and go for the next day :D     

~Heather~

Offline Chasing grace

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 11:02:05 AM »
I have always been a morning person, but having children who are morning people make me getting up even earlier than I prefer! :)
Mother to two little blessings
Claire-7/21/10
Hannah-7/3/12

Offline Mountain Mama

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2013, 10:57:38 AM »
I am of the thought that sunsets were created for those of us who never see a sunrise.  I just don't do mornings well.  Hubby on the other hand grew up watching for the milkman at 4:00 in the morning.  Opposites truly do attract. 

~Blessings~
  Cindy

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2013, 11:13:49 AM »
I thought for sure I would answer 'morning person', but now I'm not sure!  I answered 'depends on the day'. 

About half the time I will set my first alarm for 4:15AM, get up at 4:30AM, and get Jean out the door around 5-5:15AM.  About half of those days I will stay up, half I will go back to bed.  The rest of the weekdays he's either working in town or off, so we sleep in a little later (getting up around 7:30 instead).  Most nights we are in bed/asleep by 10-11PM regardless of when we need to get up.

I remember the days when we first started dating that we would go out to gigs (either friends of ours or ones he was playing) at night, then go eat or go to 'our place' in the city (Freedom Plaza) to chat and look at the stars, sometimes staying up all night and still going to work the next day!  Now I have a hard time going to church choir practice Wednesday nights because it's not over until 8:15 and we still have to eat dinner  :o ;D.

I will admit, as a childless person who works only part time and always just from home, I am incredibly flexible with sleep.  Last night I was out with church ladies until 12:30, up until 2AM, and slept in until 9:45AM.  Tomorrow we will be out of the house by 7:20AM.  It all depends on what we have going on the next day and what Jean needs for work.  Even our dog will sleep in as long as we're in bed  ::) ;D 8).

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Alana

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 06:37:27 AM »
I'm a morning person now but I wasn't always!  Part of that has been from the daycare, when you have kids showing up at your door at 6am you had better be awake :D
My hours are later now but I find I still like to be up around 5:30. It gives me time to relax and plan for my day. Also since my kids are getting older and they are going to bed later it is my only 'alone' time that I get in the day 
Loving the country life in Canada!
Married to Sean
Mom of Brandon 20, Joshua 16, Evan 14 & Alyssa 11
Daycare 'mom' to 5 toddlers

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2013, 07:42:54 AM »
I am like Mandy - it depends on the day.  During the weekdays of the school year, I am up at 5:00 so I am showered and dressed and ready to go by the time I get the girls up for school.  I find I get more accomplished during the day if I start right in and don't have to stop to shower.  I go to bed those nights by 10:00 at the latest unless something comes up.

On the weekends, I am usually up by 8:00 but sometimes sleep until 9:00 if I have not gotten enough sleep during the week.  I am generally in bed by 11:00 or 11:30.

In the summer, I get up by 7:30 during the week but keep the same weekend schedule.  I usually get up around the same time when the girls have off from school.

I also remember when Doug and I were younger and we stayed out all night, went home, showered and went to work.  That would kill me now!

Denise

Offline Noora

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 08:46:05 PM »
Night person. I think I could thrive on the "graveyard shift".  ;) My best times were the "jetlags", coming back to the States from Germany -- six hours time difference. Felt about right. LOL
However, I have to be up and going when the boys are up and going... end of story.