Author Topic: 2016 Reading Challenge  (Read 15675 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: 2016 Reading Challenge
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2016, 07:08:09 AM »
Finished the AT book and went right to The Woman in Cabin 10.  It was one of those that was hard to put down.  Read a tiny bit night before last before falling asleep and managed to read the rest of it yesterday, despite a day full of errands and appointments.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2016, 12:41:37 PM »
Finished the AT book and went right to The Woman in Cabin 10.  It was one of those that was hard to put down.  Read a tiny bit night before last before falling asleep and managed to read the rest of it yesterday, despite a day full of errands and appointments.

This week finished The Girl on the Train..............loved it!!!  Only about 40 pages left on The Woman in Cabin 10 and it is SO good too.  Don't spoil the ending for me, Cath! lol ;)  Any recommendations for my next read?  I am likely to end up in a Barnes and Nobles this weekend looking for another good one.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2016, 12:48:28 PM »
I just finished We Were Liars (E. Lockhart), and it was great.  Definitely kept twisting!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2016, 06:53:47 PM »
Picked up The Woman in Cabin 10 yesterday, but haven't started it yet.  I'm currently reading Downfall by J.A. Jance.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2016, 03:27:37 PM »
Went on to The Likeness by Tana French, book #2 in the Dublin Murder Squad mysteries.  Enjoyed it, then read another AT hike book (Marathon's something or other-Marathon being his trail name).  Now am on Faithful Place, book #3 in the Dublin Murder Squad mysteries.  These are dark as well...really liked the second one.  But I keep wanting to speak like they do, LOL.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2016, 11:57:01 AM »
Picked up The Woman in Cabin 10 yesterday, but haven't started it yet.  I'm currently reading Downfall by J.A. Jance.
Cheryl, I enjoyed The Woman in Cabin 10 so much that I went and found the other bestseller from the same author (Ruth Ware).  It is called In a Dark, Dark Wood.  Almost halfway through it after this weekend (not lots of free time, but I am also a slow reader).  I am really loving these British authors and their different lingo. lol

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2016, 01:59:34 PM »
Lindsay, I had to start reading it even though I'm only halfway through my other book.  I think it's going to be good!  I read In a Dark, Dark Wood several months ago and it was good.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2016, 06:13:31 AM »
Cheryl, I enjoyed The Woman in Cabin 10 so much that I went and found the other bestseller from the same author (Ruth Ware).  It is called In a Dark, Dark Wood.  Almost halfway through it after this weekend (not lots of free time, but I am also a slow reader).  I am really loving these British authors and their different lingo. lol

Yeah!  I KNOW I have tried to say "amn't" before and these Irish folk do use it!  I'm not crazy!  Must be my Irish side coming out, lol.  And I find myself wanting to say "bollocks" or "bollix" when something goes wrong.  :P

Offline Rooney

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2016, 11:55:59 AM »

Yeah!  I KNOW I have tried to say "amn't" before and these Irish folk do use it!  I'm not crazy!  Must be my Irish side coming out, lol.  And I find myself wanting to say "bollocks" or "bollix" when something goes wrong.  :P
Yup.  I can just see myself calling everybody 'love' and referring to  a 'bugger' or a pain in the 'arse'. lol ;D

Just finished In a Dark, Dark Wood yesterday.  I love books where you think you have it figured out halfway through, but it ends completely different than you thought.  It was one of those.  Started on What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty last night, but I am already thinking it may not be my style. It is more of a romantic comedy, but I guess I shouldn't make a decision only 10 pages in. Thinking the suspense ones are more fun. 

Mandy, I looked for We Were Liars but couldn't find it.  May look on amazon, I am sure they will have it there. Read the plot summary and it sounded good.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2016, 07:40:42 PM »
I finished The Woman in Cabin 10 and really enjoyed it.  I checked out Home by Harlan Coben to read next.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2016, 04:04:35 PM »
Anyone else reading much?  I have been reading up a storm!  Like on my 14th novel in less than 5 months.  Right now I am reading The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty.  About half way through and it is pretty good.  So weird how I used to do anything to get out of having to read and now I actually really like to read.  What are you reading?

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2016, 04:25:18 PM »
I try to read some every night, but usually fall asleep.  I read a little during the day if I get some time to myself. 

Right now I'm reading a James Patterson book.  I've been reading a few of his lately.  I tend to find an author I like and then try to read everything they've written.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2016, 06:50:26 AM »
I struggle to find time to read as of late.

I was reading A Man Called Ove.  Didn't get through it. Not because of the book or storyline. Just me not setting aside time to read.

Maybe that should be one of my New Year's Goals!

Enjoy!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25