Author Topic: Monday,January 11, 2015  (Read 1779 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday,January 11, 2015
« on: January 11, 2016, 06:07:14 AM »
Good Morning

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Monday,January 11, 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 06:13:10 AM »
Good morning, Janice and all after!

Having coffee...my lunch is packed and in the fridge till right before I leave.  Got my hiking gear on--bought a pair of the men's canvas workpants at TSC the other day (like a generic Carharrt) and will start the van momentarily to warm it up to take Maddy to school.  It's 30, so not too bad, but a warm vehicle feels nice.  :)  I feel like I'm fighting an ear infection.  I've got Thieves on the outside (around) and have been taking oregano oil in capsules.  We have good insurance but it's always such a wait at my regular doc, and more so if you are "fit in" so I'd like to avoid it if ta all possible.  Anyway, I have my ear warmer on already.

Dinner-haha--I will think of a plan at some point. 

Catherine

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 06:24:13 AM »
Well back to reality here. Megan is back at college and I am on chore duty. I was gone this weekend for Allisons bball tourney. They were headed to championship and lost by 5. They played ok. We will be done with tourneys Feb 14th.  Ross and Levi came up to city on Saturday to watch game and pick up 4 wheeler that had been worked on as well as bought a calf shelter. They had quite the load going home. Levi got his bow. He was so excited. We bought from a business instead of a chain store. So happy with that decision.  The dealer went out of his way to make sure he was fitted correctly and shooting it right. Since we were from out of town he got everything ready for us and just great customer service. Why cant more people be like that.   I have lots of job security in house to do today. I didn't do anything when I got home last night. I went to bed early.  Waiting this week to see what Lanes blood test show for his low blood sugar.  They had to mail off for 3 special tests. 1 is for Insulinoma. Just hoping for an answer so we can deal with it.  I will be working every spare minute on bookwork as we go to accountant the 9th but lots to finish. I have 4 accounts of my mother in laws I haven't even started :o If I just make time I can do it I should be done with chores by noon. I think.

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 06:38:24 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

Hope all had a nice weekend and are up and ready for a great week ahead!

We were up north at a ski resort for the weekend.  We had a nice time.  We don't ski, but did do some snowshoeing, and Saturday evening went on a sleigh ride out to a wilderness cabin for a beautiful dinner.  We enjoyed our time away.  It was really relaxing.  Now, back to regularly scheduled programming!

Today holds a long to do list.  Number one: keep warm!!  It is so cold, and we are in for days of snow. Meh!  I went over and over in my mind if I needed anything from the store on the way home yesterday.  I decided we can totally get by with what we have, and I really don't HAVE to leave my house again until Friday!!  Weight Watchers Wednesday is iffy for me this week.  Especially if we get the snow that is expected. 
Number two: Laundry.  I need to get downstairs and sort and start the wash.  Probably only have 3 or 4 loads, so that can get done today.
Number three: Dishwasher.  There is a stack of dishes in the sink from cleaning out the fridge last night.  Today is garbage day, so I went through the fridge last night to get rid of any leftovers that didn't get used. We did pretty good using things up, but there is always a little that ends up being left behind by weeks end.   :P  Will get clean put away and refill with dirty dishes.
Number four: Dinner.  Tonight is baked spaghetti with broccoli and garlic toast.  Will get the sauce going this morning.  The longer it cooks the better it is!  Will get that in the crockpot this morning.

Hope everyone enjoys your days, and that you all get a lot accomplished (or not, if you need a day off!!)
Maybe I will grab a book and start reading.  I need to do more of that this year.  Or, I will work on one of my adult coloring books.
Lifting you all in prayer!
Hoping for answers for you with Lane Janice.
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 07:51:01 AM »
Good morning!

I'm back!  I was filming some new shows for Sign It! all last week.  We started at 8 am and finished between 6 and 6:30 pm.  Needless to say, I was tired when I got home so not very much homekeeping went on last week!

Today will be busy!  I have laundry to do, including sheets and towels.  Normally I alternate them but they all need to be done, so they will be done!  I need to clean my kitchen and scrub the bathrooms.  I took down the Christmas decorations New Year's weekend and I want to dust before I put up my Winter decor.  My floors need attention also.  I've already balanced my checkbook and paid the bills that need to be paid.  I made a menu during one of the film breaks last week so I will take another look at it today and tweak it as needed, then make up a grocery shopping list.  I will have the twins today, so I will do the grocery shopping and other errands after I drop them off at school.  I'm also going to work on reconfiguring the office.  Last week I was called to be the Relief Society (LDS Church's organization for women) President for my ward (congregation) and I will be spending a lot of time on the phone, so I want to create a little play space for Nathan so when I'm on the phone, he can play near me.  I use a videophone (similar concept to Skype) so I can't move around and talk at the same time.

Let's see.  What else?  Oh, yeah, Jordan starts football workouts today.  Not football practice, but weight room workouts and running to keep in shape during the offseason.  So Mondays and Wednesdays I will pick him and a friend up and drop them off at the high school (they are both in 9th grade, which is technically high school, but the 9th grade is housed in the junior high building).  Tuesdays and Thursdays the friend's mom will pick them up.  I'm not quite sure how Fridays are going to work out yet, since that's early out for the junior high (12:30 pm) but the high school is still in session until 2:10 pm.  He may just go later.

Hope you all have a great day! 

Merilee

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 08:19:32 AM »
Good morning!

Sounds like we're all busy today.  I have a load of sheets washing, and when they're done I will start on the towels.  I'm changing out the bedding in my room and will be putting out a quilt made by my grandmother many years ago.  I love having something she made.  I have so many memories of her and her quilts.

Guess I need to get Emily started on her math, so I'll check in here later.  Hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 11:09:14 AM »
Morning ladies. It's cold here but what else is new for here lol. Back to work and fighting a cold so went and picked up some cold pills. Think all I'm going to do is lay down before I have to go back to work. Hate when I feel crappy.

Hope you all have a great day and don't keep yourselves too busy!
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 11:11:16 AM »
Good Afternoon!

I was up and out early to meet a friend at the gym.  Her daughter is getting married in August and she wants to look and feel better for the wedding, so I introduced her to my trainer, who got her all set up for an assessment.  After I did my weights I head upstairs to yoga class, then just came home afterwards.

Since then I've had breakfast and done a bunch of NSA work.  Also, for some reason Grimm was afraid to cross the threshold into our kitchen from the living room, so he would stand at the entry and whine (LOUDLY!), so I worked with him a bit to nip that behavior. He slid out right in that spot a few days ago, but he was fine crossing that area right afterwards, so not sure why he was being so weird today. 

Left today is:

*Make bed (Jean was still in it when I left 8))
*Sweep floors
*Prep snacks for the week
*Go over both bathrooms
*Vacuum living room

I'm sure there's more that I'll find to get into along the way.  Until then, lunch time!

Dinner tonight is Buffalo Chicken Chowder. I should probably get that going before I do anything else!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Rooney

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 02:17:58 PM »
Morning ladies. It's cold here but what else is new for here lol. Back to work and fighting a cold so went and picked up some cold pills. Think all I'm going to do is lay down before I have to go back to work. Hate when I feel crappy.

Hope you all have a great day and don't keep yourselves too busy!

Feel better, Laurie!! :)

Offline Linda G.

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 06:35:15 PM »
Hope you feel better Sis..

Been a nice day here... we broke 10degree's today... ended up at 38.. i opened up the front window for a while as the sun was shining..
I made a quick trip to Walmart, it can get very loud here when the kitties are out of food...
Hoping by Thursday to have the outside Christmas lights down but we will see how it goes.... Have a wonderful evening everyone.