Author Topic: Tuesday, January 12, 2015  (Read 1798 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday, January 12, 2015
« on: January 12, 2016, 06:17:22 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Tuesday, January 12, 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 06:23:07 AM »
We get the strangest weather in SD. Yesterday started off nice then wind started blowing and roads were a mess. I brought little kids home after school and planned on going back in but they canceled practice. Ashleys car lights weren't working properly so Ross went after her. Lane said by the time he came home he could hardly see. He needs new tires on his pickup so not sure what we will send them to school in. It is 15 right now and should be 31 today hopefully. After chores will be bookwork. That's all you will hear from me till we go to accountant. Of course normal housework but no deep clean. I do get side tracked easily though so you never know

have a great day
Janice

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 06:33:31 AM »
Good morning!

Well, my list yesterday turned out to be rather ambitious--even though I was busy all day long I didn't get everything done.  I did get most of the laundry done--meaning washed, dried and put away.  I did get the kitchen cleaned up--I ran the dishwasher 3 times to get all the dishes done!  That tells you how bad it was!  ;D  I did get my menu made up and went to one grocery store. I paid some bills and balanced my checkbook.  I put the flannel sheets on my bed so I didn't have to wait for the sheets to be done to make my bed.  And I did cook dinner.  ;D

I had plans to get more done yesterday evening but a lady from my congregation needed some help so I did that instead.

So, for today, everything that didn't get done yesterday gets put on today's list.  I have the boys' laundry and sheets to do and that will finish laundry.  I will work on ironing through the day--I find it's easier to do ironing if I do 5 items, then go do something else for awhile, then come back and do 5 more, and keep this pattern going through the day.  I really want to vacuum so I will fit that in.

Dinner tonight is baked pork chops, mashed butternut squash, peas, green salad and fruit.  All stuff from the pantry and freezer--the only thing I bought was the apples yesterday.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 06:45:06 AM »
Good Morning Janice, Merilee and all who follow.

We are in a deep freeze here.  Real feel 1 below zero, and snowed all night with lots more to come.  Most schools are closed in the area.  I had already planned not to leave home, so I am good with that.  Hubby had to go into the office for some meetings.  Was hoping he could work from home today too. 

Today I need to finish the laundry that I started yesterday.  I probably should run the vacuum cleaner as well.  Not too much else to do here.  I could look around and find something to organize I'm sure!  I have a few piles of papers that need to be dealt with too. 

Our menu says white bean soup for dinner, but I think I will make chicken and rice soup instead.  I feel like I am coming down with a cold, so I think the chicken soup might be a better option for today.  I will get that going in the crockpot this morning so it can simmer all day.

Hope everyone has a great day, and that you all keep warm and cozy!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 08:04:37 AM »
Good morning!

Having some eggs and bacon after getting everyone to school.  Heading to a mom's group study through our church shortly--we are doing Seamless, which sounds good.

Waiting to hear back from Earl if he's okay with us fostering another dog.  Our foster dog was adopted Sunday and this little guy is cute.

I've got a chicken thawing for dinner.  Will get that in after I come home. 

My ear feels some better today, but my throat is still scratchy...hoping to kick this soon.

Pam, hope you get to feeling better.  That snow sounds lovely.

Merilee, your dinner sounds delicious!

Janice, glad you all got home safely!

Catherine

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 08:55:41 AM »
Good morning all and Happy Tuesday!

I am having some coffee and getting ready to head out and go sign the closing paperwork on our house.  Hoping the owners make it in to town today to sign so that it can record tomorrow but it may possibly be Thursday.  We're really hoping and praying to get the keys tomorrow though because that will give us some time to get the garage shelving in and we can start taking boxes over before the  big move on Saturday.  We're cleaning here and shampooing the carpet on Monday and should be all done here then.  If you all could keep us in your prayers this week, we would appreciate it. 

So, once the papers are signed I'll be heading home and then some friends and I are going to go to a new home decorating store here.  I could use the friend time.  I'm an introvert my nature but time with a couple friends, doing something that fun instead of packing or cleaning sounds delightful.

and then its the walk through of the house at 2pm, running to the store after that for a couple things, cleaning the refrigerator and getting Trev to scouts.  The hubs has a meeting that is a few hours from here for work and won't be home until late so I get to do the scout run.

Dinner tonight.. I have a recipe for an easy 4 ingredient broccoli soup so I am thinking of making that and quesadillas. 

Have a great day, ladies!

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 11:46:24 AM »
Just a quick hi ladies so I can make my appearance. Still fighting this cold and it's knocked me on my you know what. Need to lay down for a bit so I can make it through my school run this afternoon. Hopefully tomorrow I can post more on the other categories
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline wrancher

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 12:41:21 PM »
Erica- How exciting on getting closer to your own home.

Laurie- I hope you start feeling better soon! Rest!!

Catherine-  You are 1 brave lady fostering animals. HA Kinda funny that I live on a ranch and not a big animal lover. Only cows because they hopefully can make money.LOL

Pam-Keep that cold weather. Hard to adjust to this snow and cold after Mexico!

Merilee- Many times I have days that go like that. I am on a roll right now of just getting a few extra things done that I didn't put on list but knew I had to get done soon!

Offline wrancher

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 12:42:09 PM »
Alice-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! ;) :D

Offline Linda G.

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 01:10:24 PM »
Good afternoon.. sounds like everyone is busy today... I worked this morning,then got home and worked on cleaning up the back yard...Not to bad out 38, and sunny...also got the Christmas inflatables out of the front yard.. they were frozen to the ground up till Sunday.
 I was going to go to the grocery store but called Gary and he would like to go with me.. only because i am driving to a town over from us and they have a Starbucks in the store.lol
This afternoon i will be cleaning some more in the pantry... things that are outdated are being tossed and new stuff brought in.

Sis, i hope you feel better
Catherine, is this the puppy i want?

Have a great day Everyone.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 02:06:02 PM »
Good afternoon.. sounds like everyone is busy today... I worked this morning,then got home and worked on cleaning up the back yard...Not to bad out 38, and sunny...also got the Christmas inflatables out of the front yard.. they were frozen to the ground up till Sunday.
 I was going to go to the grocery store but called Gary and he would like to go with me.. only because i am driving to a town over from us and they have a Starbucks in the store.lol
This afternoon i will be cleaning some more in the pantry... things that are outdated are being tossed and new stuff brought in.

Sis, i hope you feel better
Catherine, is this the puppy i want?

Have a great day Everyone.

No.  That little girl is in a foster home, awaiting a "fur-ever" home.  This is a new little guy, maybe a poodle mix.  I get him about 4:15 so we'll see what we think when we pick him up.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 02:48:58 PM »
Good afternoon everyone.  :)

It is a snowy, icy, slick, mess around these parts. :P  Closings everywhere in a 50 mile radius the last 2 days.  We are just finishing school up for the day and doing some decluttering later.  We are doing a unit in science right now on volcanoes and are learning about them today, and tomorrow building a replica and making it "erupt" with the food coloring baking soda and vinegar mixure.  We will see how imaginative the guys get with the volcano setup ;).  Other than that just trying to stay warm both in here and in the greenhouse.  I am really surprised that we have peppers flourishing out there with these temps :o, but I'll take it!   

Planning to try to get in the basement tonight and start cleaning out the back for the flooring to be put down.  I am really looking forward to having a space dedicated to working out again. 

Dinner tonight, is chicken and some sides, of which I haven't decided on yet.

Erica, hoping the move is going well.  Your new house is really pretty. :)

Catherine, so sweet of you to help all of the animals the way you do.

Pam, stay warm.  We are in the deep freeze as well.

Lindsay

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 04:25:48 PM »
I looked at the date and it says 2015! No, no, it's 2016! I still do this at work too and I will probably for two months or so.

The weather is just awful here. It has been snowing all night last night, all day today and though it will slow down, it's not over yet. The wind is blowing and I worked all day but I still had to snowblow my driveway twice already. I don't like winter.

Alice

P.S. Wrancher, thanks for the birthday greeting. It's a low profile day for sure.
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 06:50:22 PM »
Happy birthday, Alice!  Sorry it's not nicer weather.

Ladies, I have been hit hard with a cold.  All I want to do is stay in bed, but I can't relax for thinking about everything that I need to be doing. 
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn