Author Topic: Tuesday, January 19, 2016  (Read 1088 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Tuesday, January 19, 2016
« on: January 19, 2016, 07:25:43 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Tuesday, January 19, 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 07:31:31 AM »
Hello all!

Well, the van problem turned out to be that acid had built up around the battery terminals so there wasn't a good connection, so the battery was weak.  Steven cleaned off the terminals, jump-started the van and drove around a little to make sure it was good and that solved the problem!  Yay!  We were thinking maybe the starter or alternator had gone bad.  So happy we didn't have to pay repair costs, and so happy for Google!  I know you can't trust everything you read on the internet but I looked at several websites and they all said basically the same thing(clicking noise = not good electrical flow to battery terminals) so we figured we'd try that first.

Last night I took my two teenagers to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens.  We enjoyed it a lot, though there was one part that was kind of shocking.  No spoilers here so I won't say but if you've seen it, you probably know what I'm talking about.  ;D

No twins today since they have some sick family members.  I do have a meeting at 11 but it's here at home so today's pretty much an at home day.  I'll put away the laundry I did yesterday, continue working on decluttering and deep cleaning the living room, continue working on the office, hopefully do some sewing.  Oh, I just remembered, the van needs an oil change badly so I'll take care of that today.

Dinner tonight is spaghetti and green salad.

Have a good day!

Merilee

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 07:36:47 AM »
Good morning

Warming up. Ha. 14 above instead of below. Heading out to do chores. Then help Ross load some cows for the sale. It might take 2 loads. Hoping for 1. Then I absolutely have to work on bookwork. Mother in law still hasn't gotten me January's bank statements from last year so haven't even started on hers.  I need to get my 1099s out. Lane has game tonight at home. Levi might have practice. Ashley's car still isn't done from just checking her lights. Ugh I think I need to make phone call to owner. So need to make hair appointment for myself Friday. I made 1 for Ashley. Then keep playing phone tag with insurance. They must screen all their calls with voicemail as they never answer the phone. Ugh.

Coffee on the go
Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 08:59:18 AM »
Good morning!

Got the kids to school, came home, and had to go back because Mallory forgot her violin.  I thought of not taking it but orchestra wouldn't go so well without it.  Kept Morgan home because she says her tummy hurts.  She's watching the Kit Kittredge American Girl movie for now after having chicken noodle soup.  I was in the mood for a baked potato so did a micro one, fully loaded, along with some chicken with BBQ sauce.  Yeah, weird breakfast but it was healthy and tasted good.  :)

Sheets are in the washer, a load of lights in the dryer, and I need to sweep floors.  We have AHG tonight so I need to have dinner prepped on time.  I've got chicken baking and will do a chicken/broccoli/rice casserole for dinner.  Also need to work on Bible study homework and maybe get some seeds started.  We brought in the shelf with lights yesterday so it's back in the dining room...no other good place to put it.  :/

Catherine

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 09:54:19 AM »
Morning ladies,

Finished work for the morning, went up to feed Alana's cat as she's gone again for a couple of days, home to feed my dog and now have to call to make 3 dentist app'ts for Zachary. He went yesterday and over the next 3 trips it's going to cost $2700. to $3000. for the work he needs  :o  :o To say I was in shock is putting it mildly. It will have to go on my credit card I'm afraid :'( and Alana has offered to help with it as well. I feel so bad as she already helps me by paying on his school fees. She is so helpful when it comes to her brother and not wanting to burden me.

Oh well, we always make it through. Guess I'll really be checking out that topic "little things" now looking for new ideas.

Hope you all have a great day!
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 10:07:44 AM »
Morning ladies,

Finished work for the morning, went up to feed Alana's cat as she's gone again for a couple of days, home to feed my dog and now have to call to make 3 dentist app'ts for Zachary. He went yesterday and over the next 3 trips it's going to cost $2700. to $3000. for the work he needs  :o  :o To say I was in shock is putting it mildly. It will have to go on my credit card I'm afraid :'( and Alana has offered to help with it as well. I feel so bad as she already helps me by paying on his school fees. She is so helpful when it comes to her brother and not wanting to burden me.

Oh well, we always make it through. Guess I'll really be checking out that topic "little things" now looking for new ideas.

Hope you all have a great day!

Just goes to show that you raised her right...so nice that she is willing to help!  I'm sorry you have such a big cost coming up, though.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 11:11:51 AM »
Laurie

Terrible about Zachs bill. We have this insurance we can buy called delta dental and it covers all 7 of us. I bought it right before a daughters oral surgery and it helped cover 50% of the cost. Not sure if you have something like that there but worth checking out dental insurance. Even if you have to reschedule appointments it might be worth it if it is an option. just google dental insurance

good luck

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 02:24:36 PM »
Good afternoon and Happy Tuesday!

I am finally coming up for air after a crazy weekend!  Currently, I am having some coffee and sitting down for a few minutes.  We are moved in and getting settled.  We still have a few things in the garage of the old house but its only a car load.  We just need to organize here before we bring it.  The garage is stuffed full with just a walking path so once we get a handle on that we can get the last of it.  The old house is cleaned, carpets are shampooed and vacuumed and I am so ready to be DONE there!

I am loving our home and I am having fun unpacking and deciding where to put things. I am doing lots of laundry because things just got stuffed in suitcases and brought over.  I don't mind that though. 

A friend came over this morning and we talked about where to put a few things and ways to organize and decorate.  She is very good at making things beautiful and functional.  The rest of the day will be laundry and unpacking.

Dinner tonight... I am not sure yet.  The menu isn't planned this week.