Author Topic: Small weekly goals  (Read 2505 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Small weekly goals
« on: October 19, 2015, 08:10:03 AM »
Lately I've been feeling like I spend all my time doing the things that have to be done and not much time doing the things I want to do.  I know part of this is my own lack of planning to get the "have-tos" done with enough time to do the "want tos".  So I'm going to try something.  I have 13 areas that I will set one small, easily achieved goal in that I hope to accomplish this week.  So here they are:

HOME:  declutter/deep clean/organize living room.  Shouldn't be too hard as we don't keep toys, etc. in the room.  Decluttering will be the bookshelves.  Deep cleaning will be cleaning under the cushions, vacuuming the entire floor, especially under furniture and by walls, wiping down baseboards, dusting picture frames and knocking down cobwebs.

CHURCH:  do visiting teaching. 

SPIRITUAL:  study one General Conference talk a day.

MENTAL:  read "Mere Christianity".  This book was quoted in our church classes yesterday so I want to read it.

PHYSICAL: exercise daily.  Plan:  MWF AM--yoga.  TH AM--walk.  MWF PM--C25K run  TH PM--weights.  I'll be happy if I only walk each day but I'm going to try for the plan.

SOCIAL:  go to Deaf Center's Family Fall Festival.

OUTDOORS:  weed and mulch front flower bed.  Did a lot of it last week so just need to finish.

FINANCIAL:  check bank balances daily and keep checkbook balanced.  Did this on Friday so just need to maintain.

SCRAPBOOKING: finish Colorado pages and send for printing.  Mostly done.  I'm using an app (Project Life) which allows me to input pictures and type text, then send for printing.  Easy peasy.

SEWING: Find and finish an unfinished project.  I'll have to look at what I have but I'll pick a project that's almost done.

CRAFTY: Make gratitude/Christmas countdown board.  I'm combining these two ideas:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/87116574011471288/ and https://www.pinterest.com/pin/11681280253069364/.  The gratitude board will be on one side, the Christmas activity countdown on the other.  I've got the envelopes and the Christmas activity cards ready.  One side of the board has been painted.  So I need to paint the other side brown, decide how I'm going to hang it, and glue the envelopes on.

HOUSE PROJECT: Get bids for tree removal

FOOD STORAGE/EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS: Make inventory of food storage that we can mark off as we use up food.

Hope I can accomplish all these projects!  Some may just need to get a good start.

Merilee

Offline wrancher

Re: Small weekly goals
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 08:52:37 AM »
Merilee- Great ideas! Keep up the great work!

Janice