Author Topic: Spring Cleaning  (Read 4940 times)

Offline gaggleofseven

Spring Cleaning
« on: January 23, 2016, 11:32:02 AM »
This year I plan on doing a thorough Spring Cleaning. Though it isn't Spring yet, I am getting a jump start this weekend by committing to decluttering one kitchen cabinet.

I found Martha Stewart's article on Spring Cleaning: http://www.marthastewart.com/267295/spring-cleaning-checklist which also includes a handy checklist: http://images.marthastewart.com/images/content/web/pdfs/2007Q2/la_0407_spring_cleaning.pdf.

Anyone want to join me in Spring Cleaning plans? Do you have a checklist that you follow and would like to share?

Blessings,
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Linda G.

Re: Spring Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 12:15:08 PM »
no check list, but i may start some this weekend.... suppose to be in the 60's... will start with my walls first...and they are dirty...

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 01:29:41 PM »
My life has been one big Spring Cleaning event for the past 2 months.   ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;)

That said.. I am always in for something like this.  Even since we have moved there is more going out to be donated. 

So.Many.Books!

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 01:02:53 PM »
I'm in. We're getting ready to sell the house and move cross country, so I've already started a bit, but you all can help keep me going  :)
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 07:36:07 AM »
Shelly--you're moving?  Back to North Carolina?

I am planning a kitchen refresh so my spring cleaning will be first done in the kitchen.

I'm just doing a brain dump here so this is not necessarily in order.

*Clean each cupboard and drawer inside and out. Especially clean the accumulated grease and dust buildup.
*Declutter each cupboard/drawer.  Get rid of stuff I don't use.  Match lids to containers and get rid of items without mates.  Find alternate storage places for seasonal items or things I want to keep but don't use everyday.
*Clean each appliance thoroughly.
*Remove wallpaper remnants from bulkhead that was formerly covered by a drop light.
*Sand/smooth/fix/whatever the portion of ceiling that was formerly covered by the drop light.
*Paint ceiling.
*Paint walls.
*Repair/caulk/paint baseboards and trim.
*Prime/paint/install crown molding.
*Paint pantry door.
*Pull out refrigerator and clean behind and under it.
*Pull out stove and clean behind and under it.
*Clean entire tile floor.
*Clean table, chairs and swivel bar stools with wood cleaner.
*Clean ceiling fan.
*Clean and put back kitchen decor.

I don't have any particular deadline for this but I do want to get it done as soon as I can.

Merilee
*Replace door/drawer pulls.

Offline Cathie

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 08:14:29 AM »
good morning ladies ~

I just visited the Martha Stewart site and printed off the spring cleaning and clean checklist 

I haven't personalized it but I will be working through it to see how it goes.

Good luck everyone!

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 10:21:28 AM »
good morning ladies ~

I just visited the Martha Stewart site and printed off the spring cleaning and clean checklist 

I haven't personalized it but I will be working through it to see how it goes.

Good luck everyone!

I am printing it off too. :)

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 08:04:47 AM »
Microwave deep clean last night just before bed, just because I noticed yet again how badly it needed it and I decided to just "get 'er done" as they say around here.