Author Topic: February 1, 2016  (Read 966 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
February 1, 2016
« on: February 01, 2016, 05:57:30 AM »
Welcome to February!

We're getting closer to spring! I can't wait!

Not much on the agenda today or this month for the grocery and food part but plenty on the agenda for Dr. visits and medical issues. Hope to have all the issues ironed out or at least a plan to deal with them during this month.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: February 1, 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 06:21:29 AM »
Good morning!

Woke up exhausted this morning and am sure hoping this cup of coffee helps.  But I'm afraid if I don't get back out there hiking I will get out of the habit.  Between sick kids and sick me, I haven't been since last Monday.  Maybe fresh air and sunshine will do me some good, anyhow.  This is the virus that never ends, it seems.  Earl and I both noticed that you feel some better midday, but worse in the morning and worse at night.

Supposed to be pretty again today, high around 64.  Then a cold front moves in and we'll have highs in low 40's the next few days.

Got a few lettuce plants started Saturday night.  Feeling behind on all this seed starting.  Maybe Thursday?

Earl made it safely to Kentucky last night.  Maybe adding to the sense of overwhelm is having to pick kids up from school, which he usually does as he gets off work at 3:30 (goes in at 7).  I HATE the stupid driving of people in the school area....it's like nobody remembers the rules and they all think their child is an exception and can cross NOT in the crosswalk or be pulled up to the door in the bus lane.  Argh.  Anyway, Earl contributes to my sanity my doing the afternoon version, which is worse, IMO.  At least in the morning, people are dropping off over 20-30 minutes so they're not all there at once.  My mental state can handle that much, LOL.

Dinner tonight is ribeyes and baked potatoes, only because I thawed the steaks Saturday and then was so tired with this bug that we ate ice cream for dinner.  I have clogging class but Maddy will do the baked potatoes and I'll have the steaks marinating and will broil them when I get home.  Should be a pretty easy dinner.

Better get moving...got to drop Maddy off shortly.

Have a great Monday!
Catherine

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 07:19:41 AM »
Good Morning

Feel likes 7 out. brr But suppose to be 36. Pretty good this time of year. Fixin to head out and do chores. Kids just left for school. I have a few extra things I want to do outside but otherwise work on bookwork. Last week I was feeling confident on bookwork. Now I keep remembering a few things I need to do.  I just got MIL bookwork yesterday. So just practices tonight. Lane goes to stock show with FFA for petting zoo. They are back after school. I think I might grill hamburgers tonight unless I come up with something else. We still use traeger grill even in the winter. Love to cook outside. Well haven't started the servants so better get going.

Coffee time
Janice

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 08:02:19 AM »
My goodness!!  I had a post almost done, and poof, it disappeared!!

Here is my to do list for the day:

I need to find some paperwork for my doctor's appointment tomorrow. 

Need to sort through tax info/forms/papers to get that going.  I prepare our taxes as well as our middle son's so I need to get all of the paperwork sorted and ready to go.  Son is anxious to get his return.  Hoping it comes out good for him.  His are super simple, so as soon as I have all of his W-2's I can get his done.

I really need to menu plan!  I keep saying this, but have had little inspiration, so have kind of avoided it.  Well, here it is February, and -- nothing!  I will get that going this morning.  No, really -- I will!!   ;)

I am planning on chicken stir fry for dinner tonight, so yay! - Day one done!!   ;D

I also need to color my hair.  Hubby and I are going for a walk later this afternoon since it is suppose to be about 40 and sunny!
Hope everyone has a great day!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 11:21:35 AM »
Good morning and Happy Monday.

I am having some coffee and watching the DIY channel on Sling.  I need to decompress a bit.  Our hot water heater is broken so I am playing the pioneer in some ways.  We are filing a claim with home warranty and hope they can get it fixed soon!  You don't realize how much you appreciate hot water until you don't have any! we have company coming this weekend too.   But, we have a home warranty and if anything is going to break it may as well do it this year, lol.  Ahhhh, home ownership.  ;)

Our real estate agent is coming over this afternoon to take a picture of us with a SOLD sign, lol.  Thankfully, my hair doesn't look too bad.  I washed it in a very quick and cold shower on Saturday.  Brrrrrrrrrrrr!  I am planning on going to the gym later while Trevor swims.  I'll workout and then I can shower there.

Dinner is in the crockpot.  15 bean soup with a ham hock is cooking and I was thinking of making corn bread but I have no corn meal so I will just make biscuits.  We'll have a salad with it too.

Hope you all have a nice 1st day of February.

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 03:41:00 PM »
Good evening ladies,
   Well, the weather people have done it to us again. We started out a few days ago with blizzard like conditions predicted. Then it went to 6-8 inches of snow, down to 4-6 inches, then 1-3 inches. Now they are saying it will be an all rain event for us. Uggg! So I guess I will stay home and take the chance that they are actually right this time. LOL  I hope my brother didn't buy some special stuff for us to eat. If it changes tomorrow, I will still try to go to his house to stay since I work Wednesday, but as of now it looks like I will be fine here at home.
   Kevin and I went to town for a bit today. It was nice to get out together for a while. We just went to Menards and Dollar Tree, but we still were able to visit while driving.  :D I have had a short nap, now Kevin is taking one. We seem to need more rest as we have gotten older.
   We now have all the stuff we need, or have it ordered, to get things ready for our big generator in case of a power outage. Kevin has spent lots of time researching how to hook this up which will be separate from our main electric. It will have its own plugs and should run for 12 hours on a tank of gas. I don't understand enough about electric to tell you much about it, but he did say it would run the fridge, a couple of lights and a heater. Of course we also have a kerosene heater and just bought 10 gallons of kerosene. So in case of a power outage, we should be good to go.  :)
   That is about it for now. I think I will start on Lexy's afghan this evening. You all have a great day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 11:49:05 PM »
I can still say good evening ladies since there's 13 minutes left till midnight  ;D

Catherine I deal with that everyday at both my schools. Try pulling in to park a school bus with all the parents whipping in front of you to drop the kids in OUR bus zone or thinking they're invincable and dragging their kids in front of our buses. Talk about nerve wracking!

Had today off for a professional day so did my errands, took Roxy up this aft to get her nails cut and cut Zachary's hair after I got home. What happened to my day off lol.

Hope you all had a good day!
Laurie
Many hands make light work