Author Topic: Friday, February 5th, 2016  (Read 984 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Friday, February 5th, 2016
« on: February 05, 2016, 05:29:38 AM »
Good Morning, All!

I missed posting in the daily the last day or two, but just ran out of time.  Earl arrived home about 8:30 last night, and I am so glad.  Hoping he might do one or two of the school runs this morning.  I didn't realize till yesterday that he's taking today off, so had planned a short 3.5 hour hike for this morning, but went ahead and cancelled.  He was kind of cranky last night so I hope he's more pleasant today or I'll be regretting that move.  :P

Anyway, yesterday was interesting.  I took kids to school, then went right in at the elementary school and worked in Micah's classrooom for almost 2 hours.  After that, I went to W-mart for our monthly cat litter and night time pullups.  These two items are significantly less so I have resigned myself to buying them there.  But then Maddy needed graph paper, and there was a good deal on my favorite TP (I Have been known to buy this for us and use the cheaper kind in the kids' bathroom), and they had "my"chocolate milk in (Fairlife, higher in protein and lower in sugar), and I saw batteries which we needed for smoke detectors, and they were putting out fresh rotisserie chickens so I saved a trip and bought them there.  And so forth, till I had a huge cartful.   ::)

So I ended up being in W-mart for longer than intended and was starving.  Went home and took in the cold stuff only till after I ate, and there was a funny smell.  When I walked in the kitchen, my big bag of nutritional yeast had been emptied ALL OVER the floor.  I like waded through it.  :P  But I was so hungry that I got my lunch going before sweeping it up.  Ate lunch and was feeling just exhausted, so went in my room to lie down just for a bit before bringing in the W-mart stuff and starting school pickups.  When I laid down, Snickerdoodle laid on me and it looked like she had a small twig sticking out of the side of her mouth.  I tried to pull it off, and she made grouchy sounds, so I put my glasses back on and lo and behold it was a fishing hook complete with a few inches of line.  We think she was somehow messing with the fishing poles (which are stored with hooks hooked on the line to avoid people getting hurt) and got herself caught.  So, I'm still exhausted but awake now.  Called the vet who could see her at 2 and we boogied on down.  She had emergency surgery to remove it, I left to pick up Maddy, then we both went back to get Snickerdoodle, straight to pick up Mallory, on to pick up the other three kids, then home for 5 minutes before I took Morgan to dance.  I ended up picking up Arb's on the way home after Mallory got through with dance at 6:30.  Not a frugal day in any way.

Oh well, sorry for the book, but yesterday was interesting, lol.  Today, I am hoping to go out to breakfast with Earl, spend some time cutting dead foliage off the iris plants (did this before but with new growth more needs to come off), do some laundry and cleanup around this place, and then I have to pick Maddy up at school just after 2 because we're going to visit an architect about an hour from here.  This is for one of her badges for scouting but several of the girls are going.  My friend (and co-leader)'s husband is a civil engineer and sometimes works professionally with this group so she made all the arrangements.  Should be interesting.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Friday, February 5th, 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 07:40:05 AM »
Our day was crazy yesterday too but not even close to your busy day, Catherine. Hubby had a dr. appt. to see if he could get some relief with a hip replacement. He is ready, I am ready and he could have/should have had it done a long time ago. We looking at early April. Dr. appointments are exhausting but rellief is in sight for him.

I am cooking from the freezer so shopping trips are limited to only necessities and I will need to get a few of those either tonight or tomorrow. We were so tired last night and almost went out to eat but I made the wise choice of pulling pizza makings out of the freezer to thaw while we went to the dr. When we got home hubby mumbled something about going out to eat but since he saw supper makings on the counter he said that sounded much better anyway. It took a while to get it all ready but had we gone out, the time would have ended up being the same. We put in a DVD of Titanic deleted scenes while we ate our pizza, in our PJs in the comfort of our own home. Nothing could beat that!

Have a good day, everyone.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 08:26:08 AM »
Good morning!

I started to post yesterday then got called away and never made it back.  It was a quiet day doing the usual around the house.  I did get all the stuff for the Relief Society (LDS church's organization for women) that I've been storing here gathered and inventoried and packed into a plastic bin so that's a project done. 

I dropped off Christie at school this morning because her choir group is going to a music educator's conference in a city about 4.5 hours south of us and she didn't want to deal with handling her dress (it's a full length dress), suitcase and bag on the school bus.  Jordan left just before we did and we caught up to him so I dropped him off at school too.  Hope the trip goes safely and she has fun and they perform well.

Today is preschool for Nathan.  Then I need to go downtown to the IRS.  Our 2014 tax refund was never deposited to our bank account.  Because of a security breach at the company that does payroll for Steven's company, tax returns take longer to process.  2013 didn't get deposited until October.  I have been checking at the IRS's "Where's My Refund" app and online and until recently, I always got a message that the refund was being processed.  Then suddenly it changed to "information not available" or something.  I can't say for sure when this happened but I wouldn't be surprised if it was when the calendar year changed over.  Anyway, it was a significant amount of money and we want it, and we have to put some information on this year's taxes so I've got to get that figured out.  After the security breach, the company paid for credit monitoring, and I have been checking our bank accounts and credit card statements religiously and haven't seen anything out of the ordinary so I'm hoping this is a simple oversight and not something more serious.

I have no idea how long I'll be at the IRS so I'm not counting on getting much more done around the house.  If it doesn't take that long, then I'll continue working on all my little projects that I have going on here. 

Dinner tonight is southwestern chicken tortilla soup, guacamole and chips, and southwestern salad.

Catherine--yesterday was sure an adventure for you! :)

Alice--my husband had a hip replacement in his early 30s due to arthritis in both hips as a result of having spinal meningitis when he was almost 2 years old.  His joints had degenerated so much and so badly that all the cartilage was gone.  The xrays showed bone on bone.  His joints were nearly fused together and if he hadn't had surgery when he did, he would have been in a wheelchair within a year or two because of the pain and inability to rotate.  It's been 10 and 12 years and he is doing fantastically.  One interesting thing I noticed after the first hip surgery was that he got sick way less often.  It used to be that a simple little cold in winter would just absolutely knock him over because his body was fighting the pain from the hips so much.  It's not fun to recover from but the long term benefits will be worth it.

Hope you all have a great day!

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 08:47:15 AM »
Thanks Merilee for the information. His car accident was 26 years ago when they reconstructed the pelvis and hip and he has had a very good 26 years and worked as an active police officer during that entire time. He retired 3 years ago and only now is it finally giving him problems--a lot to be thankful for! Bone on bone, arthritis, etc. is presenting itself but thankfully he has had no illnesses that lingered. Though the big problem is finding a job during the past 1 1/2 years that he can tolerate has been a problem. Maybe with a new hip, I'll have a new man!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 10:38:14 AM »
On our way home from appointment and the state play. Lane need blood work this morning after he fasted. They say everything is fine no problems. Hope they are right.  Ashley's play group did really good. We got to listen to the judges critique them. That was really nice. They got great compliments. So as soon as we get home Allison repacks and heads up with a friend to basketball tournament. It is in morning at 8. But 2 hrs from us and they are usually there at least a 1/2 he before it starts. Loving that it is only a 1 day tourney. We should be home around 6 or 7 that night. When I get home do chores then straighten house in case someone shows up to watch Super Bowl.

Exciting days you ladies have been having. I hope today is less adventurous for you all!!

Take care
Janice

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 07:42:59 PM »
Good evening ladies,
   I had another good day at work, but it was long. I am supposed to clock out by 1:30 but it was almost 2 today. We had a new resident come in and no one but me thought to ask him if he had eaten yet.  :o It was already after 1:30 and I was ready to leave when I happened to stop by his room. His wife said, no he had not eaten, so I went and got him some soup and pudding. The new resident is the son of the sweet gentleman we lost last Saturday. He is also a distant relative of mine. He had a bad stroke about 6 weeks ago and is completely paralyzed on the left side. Too bad that he was left handed.  :( Now he is having to learn to do everything right handed.
   Today was pay day, so I came home, made a list, then headed to Savannah. I only planned to be gone about 1 1/2 hours but ended up being gone 3 hours. LOL So I stopped at Pizza Hut and got us a pizza. I knew I did not have enough energy to cook a meal when I got home.
   My plans for the weekend are to rest and relax, but we shall see. I often get my plans changed. LOL Monday I need to get the oil changed in the car and do laundry. So those are the plans, but who knows. LOL I hope you all have a blessed weekend.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie