Author Topic: Wednesday, February 10, 2015  (Read 1196 times)

Offline wrancher

Wednesday, February 10, 2015
« on: February 10, 2016, 05:48:02 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Wednesday, February 10, 2015
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 05:54:22 AM »
Survived the accountant day. Now just to finish my MIL books. Of course the daily bookwork but that is manageable. Lane had early morning practice at 5:30. So I tried to lay back down to rest and decided just to get up. Today for chores I want to do a few extra things. Oh I forgot I need to take my mom to Dr at 10:30. Not sure why but I will. Nothing exciting here. We are having nice weather so I will take that. Obviously fish is on the menu today with ash wednesday

Have a great day
Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 06:03:57 AM »
Good morning!

Janice, glad you survived your accountant day.

Well, Monday after I posted, family member after family member got up not feeling well.  Six of us ended up with the tummy thing and we all stayed home Monday (kept Max home figuring he would get sick any time plus no one felt up to taking him--he never got sick, thankfully).  Three went back to work/school yesterday, and all will today.  Thank goodness!  I am ready for some sunshine and outdoor time after not hiking since last Wednesday.  Hoping to get to go Friday as well because I didn't get to go on Monday.  However, due to the warm-up (supposed to get to 71 today), I'll  be back to wearing snake gaiters today.  Right about this time last year, a soldier was hiking in the area where we'll be today and got bit by a rattlesnake.  He ended up losing his leg despite prompt medical attention.  Apparently, after not using their venom for a while during winter, they have more built up first thing when the weather warms up.

Tonight we eat at church, so no cooking, yeah!  Yesterday, I pulled a homemade chicken broccoli rice casserole out of the freezer to thaw and that was so handy and tasty and EASY.  Need to make some more of those.  I am taking a break from gluten-free after five months plus so it's nice to be able to eat at church with my family instead of having to come up with my own dinner.

Well, better get started on the day.

Happy Hump Day!
Catherine

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 06:16:01 AM »
Just adding that it's hard to know how to dress this time of year, especially when hiking.  For instance, right now it's 31 out.  And in rechecking the weather they're now saying 75 for the high.  I'm layering like crazy.   ;D

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 06:29:47 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   It is 24* here right now, but supposed to get to about 45* later today.  :) I don't work till evening, so it will be a long day. I don't want to do something that will have me too tired by evening, but hate to just sit around. I am sure I will come up with something. LOL
   I have the next 2 days off then work the weekend. I actually kind of like working the weekends.  8)
   My 2 cats were such pains last night. I cannot tell you how many times the brats woke me up. I guess they decided that they needed to eat about 3 hours early.  ::) I went to bed last night at 8 and woke up at midnight thinking it was time to get up. Maybe that is what threw the cats off. I always thought Callie was the brat, but let me tell you, when Aeris gets a notion in her head, there is no changing her mind. I finally got up at 5 and fed the brats, then just stayed up. That is my normal time for getting up when I work anyway.  ;)
   I hope you all have a good day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 08:53:36 AM »
Good morning!

I've been plugging away at getting things cleaned up, sorted, organized, put away, thrown away, put in donation box, etc. etc.  It feels good to get these things done.

Today I'm going to finish laundry (just need to put clothes away) and work on a sewing project that needs to be done for church tonight.  That is priority so if I get it done early enough I'll do my weekly grocery shopping.  If not, we can get by til tomorrow.

Dinner tonight is sweet n sour meatballs, rice, roasted broccoli or green beans and fruit.

Merilee

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 02:43:54 PM »
Good afternoon, everyone.

I am just getting a chance to sit down and read some posts.  I got everyone's lunches ready this morning and the hubs out the door for work and the boys off to their classes.  I went to the gym for a couple hours (cycling and weight classes today), went to the chiropractor and then home.  Made me some lunch and showered and now here I sit, watching Property Brothers, with a cup of coffee.

The weather sure has been lovely here.  Mid 70's to low 80's the past few days.  I am sure enjoying it.  Tomorrow, I plan on getting out in the back yard and starting to get it cleaned up and hopefully we can get the lawn mowed.  Its overgrown in some spots and since we just moved in, we need to make sure that there are no rocks or stumps that can damage the blades of the mower.

The boys will be home in a couple hours and then I need to get Trev to swimming and then youth group this evening.  The hubs and I will grocery shop while he is there. 

Dinner tonight... probably a hot dog from Costco for the hubs and I and the boys will probably have something easy at home.  Mac and cheese, quesadillas or something of the sort.