Author Topic: Monday, February 8th, 2016  (Read 1494 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Monday, February 8th, 2016
« on: February 08, 2016, 05:36:54 AM »
Just on for a minute and decided to get the thread going.  Micah woke up tummy sick last night so I will be home with him today.  My own tummy is feeling a bit iffy.  :/  Still have to get the other kids to school, though, unfortunately.  Supposed to have 40-45 mph wind today so it may be just as well I'm not hiking.

Happy Monday!
Catherine

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, February 8th, 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 06:22:58 AM »
Good Morning Ladies:

Catherine: hope the sickies don't spend too much time at your door today!

I am up and about and out the door in a few minutes.  Mammogram for me.  It is the first time, so I am a little apprehensive, but I know it needs to be done.  The fact that it involves going to a doctors type facility brings on my nerves, but I am talking myself through it.

Not much else on my docket for the day.  Getting through my appointment, and then I will figure out the rest of my day.  Also need to figure out something for dinner. 

Hope everyone has a great day!

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 06:42:48 AM »
Good morning

Catherine - hope all of you feel better soon.

We are having the winds too! Ugh. We had some friends over for the super bowl. As soon as game was over they left. Their little girl had a tummy ache. So nice to have friends over and not have to worry about people staying late. Lane has a game tonight at home. So chores and bookwork. Tomorrow is accountant day. So finish up everything on that. So that sums up the day besides laundry and dishes. You fall behind on these things and it is not fun. Can't remember where I am in posting. Ashley's play got superior. They did awesome. And allisons team won championship. Fun games but nail biting. They beat a team who they have lost to and very tough. We only have this next weekend and then we are done.

Coffee time
Janice

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 08:24:50 AM »
Good morning!

It's a beautiful day out there.  Sunny, although it's cold!  Only 23* right now and it's not going to get much above freezing today. 

We enjoyed watching the Super Bowl last night.  I wasn't really rooting for either team so I enjoyed the game without worrying about if "my" team was winning or not.

Today I have laundry to do and I'm going to focus on doing little jobs.  There's quite a list of things that are really bugging me so I'm going to do something about it.  Like, I have a box of Christmas books that are in a basket that hasn't been put away because the Rubbermaid bin that I keep the basket in is behind a whole bunch of other boxes in the garage.  So after Steven leaves for work I'm going to move those boxes to get to that one bin and get that basket of books put away.  Get all the stuff that gets thrown into my room when I'm doing a quick clean up cleared out.  I may just  move it downstairs to the office for sorting but at least the mess will be contained to one room and my room will be cleaner.  Things like that.

I have an appt at 1 pm and I need to take Jordan to football workouts this afternoon, and I will have the twins but I should still be able to get lots done.

Dinner is manicotti, green salad and garlic bread.

Merilee

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 08:49:39 AM »
Good Morning!

We got to sleep in a little bit this morning, which was nice. Jean has hired a friend of ours who does painting for this current job, and they are able to carpool into the city together (yay, HOV!), so we didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn.  We were also up a little bit later than normal for the game, so that extra hour or so was a big help ;).

After J left I stayed up and squeezed in a shower to wash my hair AND managed to dry it before heading to the gym!  Usually I go back to bed after he leaves and just end up rolling out of bed and into the car.  So, off to the gym, followed by yoga class.  I'm back now and have had breakfast and a call with the boss.

Jean was out from Saturday morning until yesterday afternoon/evening, so I managed to get all of the laundry done, sheets washed and put back on, the dusting done, and the floors vacuumed.  Left today is:

* Go over both bathrooms
* Steam mop the hard floors
* Find the beeping smoke detector and change the battery
* Clean the glass front and back doors
* Clean up the dog area  8)
* Clean out the fridge (quickly; it's in pretty good shape already)
* Plan this week's menu

That's all I can think of now, but I'm sure I'll find a few things to do, as well as knocking out a bit of NSA work.

Have a great day, ladies!

Mandy :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 08:51:45 AM by MissMandy »
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 10:28:19 AM »
Good morning ladies.

Already have my morning bus run done then came home and did a load of laundry that's in the dryer now, my dishes are done and just drove and picked Zachary up quick from school.

I'm not sure if I mentioned to you ladies on here but my youngest daughter Miranda got layed off last Friday. She was with the company almost 5 years. It's oil and gas so she missed the last 2 rounds of lay offs but wasn't so lucky this time. It's sinking in today that she's without a job so she's a little down.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline Linda G.

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 10:47:15 AM »
Good Morning, Wind  Wind and more wind... we are not allowed to park our cars in the yard here, but to many tree limbs are still broke from the ice storm so Nick's is parked right at the front door... i will take a ticket over the car having damage.
Beds all made, pork roast in the crock pot, shower taken and lunch ate... so next will be hanging out with mr. mouse for a while then i have a errands to run.
 very quite here as Nick, all the animals are sleeping and Gary is at work...
later in the week Gary and i will start work on the chicken coop and run...  very excited still about doing this...
Have a great day Ladies.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 12:57:00 PM »
Oh, Laurie!  I am so sorry to hear about Miranda.  I have BEEN THERE.  No matter what the circumstances, it can be tough not to feel down about it.  I'll be praying for her <3.

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 04:36:43 PM »
Good evening ladies,
    I go back to work tomorrow after having 3 days off. It was nice and I got quite a bit done. I got the oil changed in the car today and all the laundry done. I am glad to be in. That wind is really howling here too! Hard to even stand up out there. It is supposed to lay in the next hour or so. I hope they are right.
   Ladies, could you please say a prayer for my Aunt Shirley. I just found out that her granddaughter, Amy, was found dead today. Aunt Shirley lost her oldest son, Steve (Amy's dad) in Oct., lost her husband of 65 years in Dec., and now her oldest granddaughter in Feb. It is a lot for one family and especially for an 85 year old lady to have to deal with in a few months. Amy was in her mid 40s, but had been involved with drugs in the past. I don't know if she went back to that lifestyle after losing her dad and grandpa or if she died of natural causes. They are doing an autopsy. It is just sad for one family to lose so many members in a short time. Also Amy had a young son and daughter, although she did not have custody of either one of them.  :'(
    Well, I guess that is it for me today. I plan to start eating healthy again tomorrow. Let's see how far that goes.  ??? So I need to get off here and fix something healthy to take in my lunch tomorrow so I am not tempted to eat at work.  ;) You all have a good day tomorrow.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 04:52:35 PM »
Winona - I am so sorry your aunt has had so many tragedies recently.  It is so hard to lose people and so many in such a short time is extremely difficult.  I am glad she has you.

Denise