Author Topic: Thrusday,February 11, 2016  (Read 1613 times)

Offline wrancher

Thrusday,February 11, 2016
« on: February 11, 2016, 07:01:24 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Thrusday,February 11, 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 07:15:37 AM »
Well I didn't get anything accomplished after 10 yesterday. I went to town to be with my mom for her appointment got done about 1. Went to lunch with Ross and my parents. Then it was 2. I had to pickup kids from church school. By the time I would have drive home and back I only would have been home a 1/2 hr so I ran around town and paid bills and errands. Then by the time we got home it was make supper, etc. So today I hope to get my MIL bookwork done after chores as we leave for a game for Levi about 1 1/2 hrs away. So I need to make my actions count today as we have our last traveling basketball tourney this weekend. I made an awesome tomato tortellini soup last night. I want to put something in crockpot today. I planned on putting that soup in crockpot yesterday but that didn't work.

Coffee time
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 08:07:04 AM »
Good morning, Janice and everyone.

I'm about to head out the door.  My mother called and asked if Emily and I would like to ride along with her to the next town to do a little shopping at a bulk food store.  Of course I said yes, even though I won't be buying anything.  It's nice to get out of the house and it's a beautiful day, sunny and should get up in the 50s. 

I've got most of my supper prep work done, so I won't feel the pressure of having to rush around and get a meal on the table when we get home.  Tonight we are having sweet and sour meatballs, green beans, and maybe mashed potatoes. 

Have a good day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 08:48:51 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   It is another cool one here, 23* the first time I looked. I am getting ready to head to Aldis. I have a list ready and plan to buy some veggies.  ;D Then I will come home, put stuff away, then get ready to go to Amy's visitation and funeral. I need to go for my Aunt Shirley's sake. Her daughter is trying to take care of her, but Aunt Shirley is taking this so hard. I am not sure how anyone could do less, though when you lose a son, husband, granddaughter, and brother-in-law in about 3 months. I pray that Aunt Shirley can hold it together.
   I am asking for prayers for Kevin's cousin's son. He is 35 and had 65% of his liver removed last March, then chemo. Well the cancer came back, so yesterday they removed 2 spots of cancer on his liver and burned the areas where it was. During the night, he had to have emergency surgery for bleeding in his stomach. He now has that packed and is on a ventilater in ICU. He will have another surgery tomorrow to remove the packing. After all this and he recovers, he will do chemo again. The doctors told them that this is the last surgery they can do to remove cancer. Nicholas is a strong Christian man, good husband and father of a 7 year old daughter. He stayed quite a bit with us when he was growing up and we love him dearly. Please pray for healing for Nicholas.
   Well, I had better get a move on. You all have a good day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 08:59:13 AM »
Good morning!

Got the kids to school and Maddy to orthodontist, went in and did copies and laminating for Micah's teacher, and then ran home to pee, change over the laundry, and let the dogs out.  Taking a few minutes on the computer before I head to pick Maddy up from orthodontist.  She is getting her braces off today! 

Got my Logan Lab reports on my soil back this morning, so just printed those out.  Will do some calculations later to see what I need to add in each area.  Last year, we did this but combining soil from the different areas to be tested.  Adjusting even for that, the garden did great, so I'm hoping that tweaking it by testing the five individual areas this year will yield even better results.

Well, better skeedaddle.  I have a new book I'm reading about a guy hiking the Appalachian Trail, so will take that and read a bit if Maddy isn't quite ready.  We're going to celebrate her braces removal with lunch out, then I'll drop her off at school.  Need to go to Aldi for a few items, including fruit for Max's school party tomorrow.

Winona, praying for Nicholas.

Catherine

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 09:48:13 AM »
Good Morning!

You ladies all sound good an busy! 

It is so cold here, I just want to burrow down under a pile of warm blankets and hibernate!  I know I need to actually get some things done around here instead!  I woke up totally convinced that it was Friday!  Not sure why, but anyway!! 

I will do general cleaning and day to day chores.  I also need to figure out something for dinner tonight.  Maybe bubble up enchiladas.  I think I have everything I would need for that.  And, we have some leftover refried beans that can be a side. 

I also want to make some egg sandwich english muffins to have in the freezer.

I guess I should get busy.  Hope everyone has a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 11:21:57 AM »
Morning ladies. I have today, tomorrow and Monday off from the bus so we are heading up to see our friends in Rocky Mtn House for the long weekend. We store our camper up there on their acreage so that's where we stay.

Leaving here shortly so just wanted to say a quick hello and let you know why I'll be mia for a few days lol.

Have a great day and weekend ladies!!
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 12:52:04 PM »
Hi Ladies!

I am just so TIRED today!  We went to sleep plenty early, and I even managed to go back to bed after Jean left and sleep a bit more, but I just can't seem to wake up today! 

After the gym this morning I met my dad so he could hand off their old kerosene heater, then hit the grocery store for a couple of items.  Since coming home I've showered, done some NSA work, paid bills, and transferred a small credit card balance onto an existing card that's offering a 0% promo.  Otherwise, I've been pretty lazy to be honest :o!  Thankfully it's a pretty slow day and the house is in pretty good shape.  If I can get moving I'd like to do a load of laundry and vacuum.  Dinner tonight is Trader Joe's Tempura Chicken, and I think I'll make a lemon sauce to go with it.

Have a great rest of the day!

Mandy :)

Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 01:16:34 PM »
Good afternoon, ladies!

We just got home.  Had to get Trevor a hair cut.  He was beginning to look like a sagebrush.  Now he looks 2 years older then he is.  Such a handsome guy!

Not much happening today.. chores and organizing and we have life group this evening, I believe.

Dinner this evening is pork chops, salad and something else for a side.  Not sure what yet. 

Happy Thursday!

Mandy - I have trouble waking up a lot recently.  I feel your pain today.