Author Topic: Tuesday, February 23, 2016  (Read 1505 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Tuesday, February 23, 2016
« on: February 23, 2016, 07:45:44 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Tuesday, February 23, 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 07:49:46 AM »
Good morning!

It's a bright, sunny day today, which is nice after yesterday's stormy weather.  I am grateful for the rain, as always.  It's also nice to see the sun the day after!  :D

Today I have a visiting teaching appointment, then the twins come.  Then football carpool.  I have to pick up Jordan today because Christie is in training for her job and Steven will pick her up later because I am taking Alex to soccer practice.  It's days like this that I am really grateful for two cars and a flexible work schedule.  ;D

In between all the running around, I have laundry to do, the house needs to be picked up, the van needs to be cleaned out and I have a list of smaller projects to fill in the time. I am especially hoping to get outside and start spring cleanup.  Our willow tree in the front yard drops branches all the time and now that the snow has melted, it's looking rather messy.  I'm looking forward to getting that tree cut down.  It's just too big now.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 08:14:46 AM »
Good Morning Merilee and all who come along!

I am on laundry duty today.  It was on my list for yesterday, but I ended up doing out taxes, so that kept me pretty confined!  At least it is done.  I haven't filed it yet.  Will do that after our trip.  We are getting a small amount from federal, but have to pay state.  We will end up being slightly ahead, but since we will need to pay out and pay to file, I figured I would wait and not put that money out right now.  Just need to fill out the Fafsa papers for college son, and I want to get that done before we go to Fl so that is off my mind.  Maybe today, maybe tomorrow.  We will see when I am mentally motivated to do that. 

I have some white bean soup going in the crock pot for dinner.  Hubby has an out of town meeting today, and was kind of wishy washy about whether he would be home or not, but I figured I will need to eat anyway.  I didn't put any ham in it, so I could have it again for dinner on Friday if need be.  I have a couple slices of canadian bacon that I thought I would chop and throw in a skillet to top our bowls for tonight.  Wanted to keep the whole batch meat free though.

Guess that is all that is happening here for me.  Hope everyone has a great day!
Blessings to all!
Enjoy your sunshiny day Merilee!!  It always makes such a difference, doesn't it?!

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 08:57:36 AM »
Hi!

It started as a very sluggish day. I didn't sleep a wink last night. My body is trying to decide if it wants to be sick or not. I did have a tummy ache and and achy body all night long but the tummy ache is gone and I'm at work. My eyes are very heavy but feeling OK.

Daughter and hubby are feeling better though not 100% after their flu bug over the weekend and the college kids who were home (what a bad weekend to have come home) seem to be fine. Hubby sanitized the bathrooms and sinks yesterday and washed just about everything to get the bug out of the house. I'm serving light foods that are along the BRAT diet format and might even include that into tonight's meal.

We have some storms rolling in tomorrow with heavy snow for Wed. and into Thurs. and I'm not excited about that at all. I don't think I will hit the grocery stores before the storm because I'm not feeling up to it.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 09:04:40 AM »
Good morning!

I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm really dragging this morning. Maisie has tumbling and I have a few errands to run, but then I'll be home the rest of the afternoon. It's beautiful and sunny today  :) I love winter, but I'm so ready for spring this year!
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 09:17:13 AM »
Good morning!

I am having some coffee before we get the day going.  Brandon has an appointment with a sports orthopedic doctor this morning to have them look at his shoulder.  I had planned on going the gym this morning but will go later today, if Trevor swims.  He was running a fever yesterday so we kept him home from practice.

Not sure of the plan for the rest of the day.  Probably vacuuming and cleaning.

Have a great day!

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 05:34:55 PM »
Good evening,
   We had such a good day yesterday. Hazel and Ryan came out for lunch. Hazel pulled the kids out of school so they could come to. It was so great to see all of them. They have a new puppy, named Maple. They brought her along. She is adorable, half husky and half German shepard. Bud did pretty good with have a young guest. LOL I had to work last night so they left about 2:30.
    I worked this morning. It was a pretty good day. Our maintenance man is painting the dining room. So he has everything pushed out into the middle of the room. It was hard to get around and to find things, but the dining room walls are looking nice. I had the dietary supervisor come to me today and ask if I wanted to work 3 evenings a week as a dietary aid. I usually work 4 days a week as a care partner. That would leave me no time off, so I decided against it. Besides, when the CNA classes start, I will need time to attend them and study. I think once our census is built back up, I will get more hours.
    I work tomorrow evening, then have Thurs. and Friday off and work the weekend. My check should be better this time.
   I went to see mom after work to get her meds and bills ready for March. She was in a good mood and we had a nice visit. I always enjoy spending time with  her when she is in a good mood. LOL ;D
   I guess that is it for me. You all have a good day tomorrow.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie