Author Topic: Saturday, September 28, 2013  (Read 1718 times)

Offline wrancher

Saturday, September 28, 2013
« on: September 28, 2013, 06:26:37 AM »
Good Morning

As busy as the days go I love coming here and seeing everyone. It makes my day complete. 

Today we are going into my parents to finish retaining wall. DH and kids will feed calves and hook onto trailer and load skidsteer and go in.  I need to prepare some food and head in. We are hoping it goes fast so DH can get moved to planting job. 

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Saturday, September 28, 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 08:34:53 AM »
Good morning!

Janice, always amazed by all the hard physical labor you accomplish.  :)

Yesterday, I came down with the cold Earl and Maddy have had.  So kind of them to share.  ;)  I really think it was the lack of sleep for me all last weekend and even the first part of this week.  Probably didn't help my immune system any.  But the lack of sleep was worth it.  :)

Maddy was asked last night to babysit today.  So Earl took her over there this morning to do that.  She should be done about 12:30.  Other than that, the only other thing on the schedule is picking up Bountiful Baskets today at 12:45.  I had planned to volunteer at BB but with this cold, I think I'll sit it out.

We're getting wonderful rain today.  It was super heavy early this morning.  Though we had more rain than usual this spring and early summer, the past few weeks have been quite dry so this is very welcome.  We had planned to work in our back yard today, though, so that's on hold. 

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Catherine

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 08:48:12 AM »
Hi Janice. I agree--I enjoy seeing my Titus 2 friends each day!  :)  Hope the outside work goes well for you today.

Hi Catherine--sorry you caught the cold.  :(  Sure hope you recuperate quickly!

We are enjoying the beautiful day. The sun is shining and the air is clear. They are combining the field behind our house so I won't be hanging the laundry outside. The combine stirs up so much dust that the clothes wouldn't stay clean for long.  ;)

I've got the laundry started, little ones fed, and I'm tidying up the kitchen. I'm going to put a whole chicken in the crock pot and will use that for 2-3 meals plus for making broth. The girls and I are going to give the house a "once over" to clean up some of the odds & ends that accumulate through the week, run the vacuum, and clean the bathrooms. DH is going to trim several bushes, and DS will help him with that.

Not too much else planned for today other than some sewing/quilting and watching college football.  :)

Dinner tonight is undecided. I'm thinking grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken noodle soup.

Have a great day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 08:55:51 AM »
I got interrupted and if I didn't save what I had who knows when I would finish the post. So we are still doing some household chores this morning, DHs tractor wouldn't start so we went out to hayfield and got mine. Been running around getting things done around here before we head in, I had DD take out the ribs so we can cook those tonight on the traeger. We did get some rain last night so that is holding us back. It should dry fast though. Here comes the boss gotta run. HA

Janice