Author Topic: Friday, September 27, 2013  (Read 2018 times)

Offline wrancher

Friday, September 27, 2013
« on: September 27, 2013, 05:55:03 AM »
So today we are packing silage. I will actually be cutting the milo with a draper header, the silage chopper will follow and DH will pack it with big tractor.I am fixin to head to cut. We got purchase agreement signed after banker was here so I think we are on there. After we got back from that I took DH to tractor to plant when I barely got back to house and he called and needed picked up again because the crop adjuster was coming. I get home and start getting more laundry (got all 3 loads done) and the bookkepping guy came. He was calling tech support about the whole time so we got that fixed I think. Then he left and we finished planting wheat and I only have part of a stack of hay on this field. So a little more productive/Chances of rain some places snow so everyone is scrambling to get stuff ready for winter. We feed the calves each morning but the kids can do that. I had DD pick the tomatoes really only 2 plants so today I want them to pull the tomatoes and I will leave pepper plants for now as they are in different spot and can easily be covered.  Tomorrow we are to help my parents and finish that retaining wall we started last weekend.

Have a great day

Janice

Offline gaggleofseven

Re: Friday, September 27, 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 06:15:33 AM »
Janice, I'm tired from just reading about your day!  :)

It's a cool, sunny morning here in my little corner of the world.  The early departures are out the door and on their way to school and work. It's always organized chaos as I get everyone on their way.

Lots of laundry, tidying the kitchen, and cleaning the bathroom are on my "to do" list.

Dinner tonight is something with ground turkey, probably spaghetti.

Have a great day!
Jennie

Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 08:25:47 AM »
Good morning!

I've got the heater running again this morning.  It's been so cold, we've gotten snow in parts out here.  I'm not quite ready for winter yet. Brrrr.  All 4 of us have had colds this week, so I don't know what I'm going to get to today.  I'm hoping to pick concords and get them juiced.  We'll see if that happens.  Also on my list today:

vacuum
dishes
fold last of laundry
clear off counters
scrub stove top and underneath

Dinner tonight will be leftovers
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 10:32:25 AM »
Good afternoon!

I am making salsa today.  This will be the last batch for the year.  I need to pick more tomatoes too, and start pulling plants out of the garden. Also need to dig potatoes, onions and carrots if I can find them among the weeds. :)

Dinner tonight will be roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and whatever veggies I find in the garden. 

Have a blessed day! :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 11:17:57 AM »
I'm sure glad the boys disturbed me only once each last night... I needed the sleep to face today! :)

Already had my midwife appointment. Gained only 1 pound, the swelling is not so bad (because it's cooler) and I've been napping less lately. Baby's head isn't engaged yet. Now if only nesting would kick in... I want a sparkling bathroom. ;)

In a little bit, I'll be taking Caleb to gym class. And rolling around with him! He behaves a lot better when I'm out on the floor coaching his moves.

Then this afternoon I have a WIC update appointment. At least we've finally figured out how to exercise some moderation with the WIC stuff. We don't get the cereal anymore, because that's like candy to us. The juices are ditched too, we're not juice drinkers and cleaning up the spilled juice is just STICKY! :) We also only use about 3 gallons of milk of the 11.25 gallons they allot us. Craziness. We do like the cheese, peanut butter, and eggs, and the bread is useful when I'm not up to baking.

After WIC, Chris needs to trot over to the library and get some more material for his thesis. Wondering if I can squeeze in a little quilting. I finally figured out in my head how I want to quilt the batik squares.
...Leah
wife to Chris
Mommy to Caleb, Logan, & Josie

Offline Sandlappersue

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 10:23:28 PM »
Leah, your SIX favorites would be mine too. ;)  At least you know that you have that milk available if you ever changed your mind. You would think they could give you more options like juice or______, etc. Oh well. :)

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 10:49:34 PM »
I'd trade all that cereal, juice and half of the milk for more eggs and cheese. We get 3 dozen eggs a month, and use about 8-10 dozen a month. We get 3 pounds of cheese, and probably use about 10ish.

I'm really boring and I have an omelet every single morning, doctored up with cheese. :)
...Leah
wife to Chris
Mommy to Caleb, Logan, & Josie